'O'

'Love Day' - HIATUS

The teacher had fishbowl prepared in front of the class. And everyone knew where this would lead too.

 

"As I've told you last week when some of you wrote your names on paper, each students of vocal class, in a pair of boy and girl, receives a chance to display your talent in front of the whole school and parents at the Freezing January Winter Showcase!"

 

"Eonnie, you think I would get Dongwoon oppa as my partner?" whispered Namjoo. Eunji only gave her a small smile, knowing the younger girl had been secretly harbouring a crush on the guy.

 

"You have the chance," she whispered back and faced Mrs. Kim again to fully listen to what she had to say.

 

To be truthful, she was far from curious with whom Son Dongwoon would end up with, though she hoped that girl would be Namjoo. She couldn't find what to like from the 'Male God' beside his very handsome face, but maybe it was just her, Kim Namjoo sure saw a lot more than her.

 

Or maybe it was because she had her eyes for one guy only?

 

"Now, just like the name of the event itself, you all have to present a performance that'd make people 'freeze' - No, I don't mean you can put a snowball prank, Yun Dujun-hakseng - It means your song and singing have to be stunning! Yes, you all should compose your own song for the event!"

 

Groans soon filled the class. Composing song had been the class' toughest subject so far, but Eunji...liked it. A lot. She didn't know why, it was as if her mind flew whenever she drowned herself in tunes and melodies. And music, it had been kind to her. It calmed her in desperation and it had been the one she turned to. In songs, she poured out her heart.

 

"Lucky you," the teacher continued, "you've been given a theme for the performance and I think it's something you teenagers craves; L-O-V-E."

 

Inside, she let out a joyful glee. She had just the perfect melody for the task

 

The song she composed that day when she reached home after accidentally saw him at the bus stop. He was the lonely boy people talked about, the one who befriended one of the school jokesters, Yong Junhyung, yet himself was as silent as stone.

 

"Too bad he's such a gloomy."

 

"Eiii, Chorong eonnie, aren't you too harsh? He's cute!"

 

"That's why it's a pity. He totally has the potential to be the school's heartthrob, but he rarely socializes with others or even say a word."

 

"And he stutters too!"

 

"I think Dongwoon oppa is still the best!"

 

"Aigoo, Namjoo-ah!"

 

She remembered the weird curiousity that grew in her about the guy, but the feeling was soon vanished as her bus arrived.

She totally didn't expect she'd see him again on the bus.

It was when an old lady entered the bus and the seats were full already. Eunji was ready to get up from her seat, but she was a little too late. He had already stood up. With a calm voice, he asked the old lady to take his seat.

Indeed, it was an usual situation. Among those ignorant people, there would always be one person who cared, right? Therefor, Jung Eunji had no idea why did her beat a lot faster when he suddenly caught he gaze.

She couldn't describe how she exactly felt that moment, but it was intoxicating, as if she was possesed. Smiling like crazy, she rushed to the piano as soon as she got home.

 

Fingers on the tuts.

 

And melody just flowed in.

 

"That's why I put you in pairs of boys and girls," Mrs. Kim continued, "I hope to see lovely and full of spirit performance that express the love between two teenagers. So, please compose a passionate love song!"

 

His name automatically popped in Eunji's mind.

 

He had been on her head and her heart ever since that day. Jung Eunji was popular, she was not that dumb not to notice how many guys would line up for her, but not all guys.

Was it because of his tendency to be alone or Eunji was just not 'that' impressive for him? He never gave her any sign of interest.

It was not like she did not put any effort either. She tried, really. She never forgot to say hi to him on every vocal class. She loved to steal glance at him and smiled if he found her gaze. Yet, he seemed reluctant to reply her 'hi-s' and looked away or sometimes just plainly put on a blank expression at her smiles.

Boys said girls' minds are hard to understand. Eunji begged to differ.

 

Mrs. Kim had now stepped forward, shaking the fishbowl with both of her hand. "Now, now, i'm gonna let the boys - starting from the first row - take a piece of paper and read out your partner's name."

 

Soon, the guys at the front row started to get up from their chairs and took the paper. Various names of the female students were spoken as more and more guys took out the papers, so far none of the names mentioned was hers.

It was the second row's turn now.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Son Dongwoon flashed her a flirty smirk, but her focus was not on him. The guy who was standing in front of him seemed to tremble. She tried so hard to resist the temptation to approach him and ask if he was alright.

Eunji held her breath as he got closer and closer to the fishbowl. She realized the chance for her to be paired with him was merely 1 out of 20 girls in the class. For all she knew, he could pick any other girls' name from the bowl.

 

 

He had the paper in his hand. He seriously started to look not okay. It seemed that he was too nervous about this whole pick-your-partner thing, just like her.

 

"Well, what's your partner's name, Yang Yosoeb?"

 

But just for this once, may I...?

 

"J- Jung Eunji...," he says sheepishly.

 

 


Well, hello! I can finally finish yet another crappy chapter kekeke (it's not 'that' crappy, right? or else you guys won't read this, lol! got you)

I have good reason for the lack of updates: 1) Infinite's Kim Sunggyu catches too much of my attention that I can't help but to write a fanfic about him (any GrandpaGyu lovers here? please anticipate my new short story!) and 2) I recently got into college, plus I moved to another country

Nevertheless, many thanks as always to you who still read 'Love Day'! And also thanks to E-E-Electric_Shock, elea563, bananatofucheesecake, lolgurl, allkpop55, meliarizke, orangesun for subscribing! Means a lot, truly!

Anyway, how are you liking Eunji's POV so far?