'O'

'Love Day' - HIATUS

 

The teacher had fishbowl prepared in front of the class.
 
And everyone knew where this would lead to.
 
Yoseob wiped his hands together though the class' heating system was perfectly fine. He glanced to his left and saw Son Dongwoon was doing the same thing. Oh yeah, the guy decided to sit beside him 'cause he couldn't sit in the seat Yoseob filled in. He really couldn't let the girl alone. We're both desperate, Yoseob thought. He turned his attention back onto the fishbowl as the teacher started to speak.
 
 
 
"As I've told you last week when some of you wrote your names on paper, each students of vocal class, in a pair of boy and girl, receives a chance to display your talent in front of the whole school and parents at the Freezing Winter Showcase!"
 
"Now, just like the name of the event itself, you all have to present a performance that'd make people 'freeze' - No, I don't mean you can put a snowball prank, Yun Dujun-hakseng - It means your song and singing have to be stunning! Yes, you all should compose your own song for the event!"
 
 
The last sentence brought the students to groan. Composing melody, writing lyrics, arranging beats and planning the performance; that was quite a challenge. And to think they only had around three weeks to finish it while juggling with the upcoming university test.
 
 
"Lucky you," the teacher continued, "you've been given a theme for the performance and I think it's something you teenagers craves; L-O-V-E."
 
 
As the word was mentioned, the girls went "Awww~" while the boys cheered along. Yoseob did high-five with the guy on his right then he turned to his left and raised his hand for another high-five, but soon found himself stopped in mid-air.
 
Son Dongwoon gave him a stern look. He glanced at her, pointed at himself then made a thumb-down towards Yoseob. Yoseob rolled his eyes. He knew what he meant. He sighed as he watched Dongwoon made his way towards her and soon started chatting happily.
 
Dongwoon did have a better chance with her. They'd been friends since primary school and everyone worshipped the two of them as couple. Though Yoseob wondered why did Dongwoon be so possesive over her?
 
Son Dongwoon was called male-god for nothing, he was the school heart-throb. He practically could get any girls. While for Yoseob, if high school were a fast food restaurant menu, Yoseob would be cheeseburger; he's so common (does this make sense?).
 
He could sing alright, but he didn't really display his ability. He preferreded to stay low; went to school, hung with friends, did homework, read textbooks, went to school again, hung with..and the same repetition over and over again. His scores were good, he had many friends, he had a good life actually.
 
A good yet plain life.
 
Sometimes he thought she was the only highlight of his life. The moments he ever felt not-so normal was when she was around.
 
 
"That's why I put you in pairs of boys and girls. I hope to see lovely and full of spirit performance that express the love between two teenagers. So, please compose a passionate love song!"
 
 
Her name automatically popped in Yoseob's mind.
 
 
If he was to compose a love song, it'd be about her.
 
He wished to express his feelings through the lyrics, but found it was hard to find the exact words to describe how he truly feels.
 
He was curious. He wondered why did his heart couldn't stay still when she was around. Everytime that happened, his breath often became short and he felt like he wanted to explode; explosion of happiness.
 
It was as if he lost control of his nerve system. Though he only caught even a glimpse of her, he could tell every detail of her features, his ears easily caught her voice and his mouth couldn't stop smiling, or even laugh!
 
A lot of times he mustered up his courage to approach her, a little word of "Hi" wouldn't hurt. But it was awkward. She replied him with that oh-so adorable smile and he would just stayed there, stunned as always, while she giggled away with her friends.
 
 
Come to think of it, Yoseob didn't think he could write lyrics from his experiences. They were all failed attempts and made him ended up like a loser.
 
 
"Now, now, i'm gonna let the boys - starting from the first row - take a piece of paper and read out your partner's name."
 
 
The teacher's voice brought him back from the 'confusing mind land'.
 
The guys at the front row started to get up from their chairs and took the paper. He bit his lip in nervous. Please, don't speak out her name.
 
Soon, some names were spoken as more and more guys took out the papers, so far none of the names mentioned was hers.
 
It was the second row's turn now.
 
Yoseob saw Dongwoon gave him a cocky smirk before they went in queue to take the paper. His heart was beating uncontroablly fast, and it just got faster and faster as he got closer and closer to the fishbowl. He felt beads of sweats trickled on both sides of his head. His feet became weaker. And all those symptons mixed together as he put his hand into the fishbowl. Slowly, he unfolded the paper. The name that was written on it made his organs did salto.
 
 
"Well, what's your partner's name, Yang Yosoeb?" The teacher looked at him with a confused look.
 
 
He was beyond happy, he was so full of it that his answer came out stuttering as he couldn't suppress his feeling.
 
 
"J- Jung Eunji..," he says sheepishly.
 
 
 

Welcome -asdfghjkl, HazelXD, LosLadrones...! I'm so happy to know that there are still some people out there who read this story. Thank you very much!

To letsflyto-seoul : I did this little cheering and clapping when I read your comment! That's so nice of you, but unfortunately I'm gonna make this a very short one.

P.S if you like long story, you might wanna check out my 'His Pink Ranger' fanfic, it's been 6 chapters and I haven't even got to my main point yet XD.