'V'

'Love Day' - HIATUS

 

"Hoaaam."
 
 
Yoseob yawned while stretching his hands. He jerked his neck to left and right. Then he got up from his seat to stretch his body. He felt so rigid. After vocal class, he had history, english, chemistry and last period of overly boring math. Mr. Cho, the math teacher talked in a very monotone, stable, expressionless way that Yoseob sometimes thought he should be arrested for causing bores to public high school students.
 
What a way to seal the day.
 
Nevertheless, school was finally over. Another had passed by, he thought as he walked by the school field. Smoothly and ordinarily, just like the previous days...
 
Well, except the fact that something rather interesting happened this morning; ASDFGHJKL HE GOT PAIRED WITH THE MOST GORGEOUS GIRL IN THE SCHOOL his partner for vocal project was Jung Eunji, the one who got voted as the school's 'most wanted girl as girlfriend', the one who avhieved straight A in vocal class, the one who this helplessly in love Yang Yoseob fell for since three years ago... 
 
 
"Yoseob-ssi! Hi, YOSEOB-SSI!"
 
 
Yoseob turned to the caller. He was stunned. A window which faced the field was opened. And his angel popped her head from there with a wide smile on her face. She waved her two hands in the air so excitedly, making the basketball guys who were playing basketball (duh) on the field turned their heads towards the two.
 
 
"Eun- eunji? What are you doing? P- people are staring."
 
 
She just flashed him another dazzling smile.
 
 
"You're going home already? Can I ask for a little of your time?"
 
 
"Ye- yeah. Sure!" You can always ask no matter much from my time, he wanted to add. But being the timid and plain Yang Yoseob, he supressed himself.
 
 
"Goody! Come on, hop in!"
 
 
Yoseob's eyes widened. "Ho- hop in? You mean jump through the window? Into the room?" He threw a glance into the room. There was an old wooden piano. Ah, the music room on the first floor. 
 
 
 
"Yes, of course! Just jump in. Go on! I want to show you something."
 
 
"B- but there's door."
 
 
She pouted. "But then you'd have to walk around back to the school lobby and walk a long way through the alley to this music room."
 
 
True, the music room was located at the furthest part of the school building. That's why it was closed to the field, which was located at the back side of the school. Yet, Yoseob was sure he'd rather take the second option of a long walk through doors and alley to get to the music room, rather than jumping through the window which was quite high. He was never an athletic boy and he didn't want to make a fool of himself in front of his long-time crush by failing to jump passed such window.
 
 
"It's okay. I'll take the door. Safety's first, right?" He grinned, hoping she would take it as he-loved-to-walk-leisurely and not he-was-a-coward-who-didn't-dare-to-jump-through-an-opened-window-like-most-of-the-boys-did.
 
 
But she showed no sign of both. She smiled and said, "Ok! I'll be waiting for you."
 
 
 

 

 

Dug
 
Dug
 
Dug
 
No, it was not the grumbling sound of dark clouds that hung on the Seoul sky this evening. It was not the sound of drums of the marching band practice nor the dribbling basketball that was being played at the field. Neither it was his footsteps because he wore rubber-soled sneakers and the floor is ceramic. (Oh well, I'm almost sure if you walked in sneakers you wouldn't make a loud sound *finger crossed*)
 
Yang Yoseob was sure it was the thumping sound of his unstable heart.
 
As he got closer and closer to the music room, things went through his mind in a highly densed traffic.
 
Why did she call him?
Why did she smile widely upon seeing him?
What did her excited expression mean?
Did she find him attractive?
Or did she find him interesting?
Interesting in a amazed way?
Or interesting in a weird way?
Weird in a unique way?
Or weird in a disgusting way?
And so on and so on...
 
Surprisingly, all the worries vanished the moment he stood in front of the music room door. He took a deep breath. His heart beat uncontrollably fast and his hand shook when he reached to turn the door knob.
He peeked in his head first. He was surprised. The room was empty. His body started to shiver. He looked to right and left. Well he was sure it was Eunji who-
 
 
"BOO!"
 
 
"MWOYA-"
 
 
Yoseob held his chest in shock. There, the ever smiling Eunji was standing before him. He inhaled and exhaled. Totally surprised and didn't expect she was the type that would hide behind doors to scare people. But then again, Jung Eunji never failed to amazed him.
 
 
"I should have prepared my phone camera!" she said, laughing out loud while pointing at the still shocked Yoseob, "You should see your expression! Your eyes, they looked as though they wanted to popped out!"
 
 
"Yoseob-ssi..." She nudged her index finger at his shoulder. Hearing no response from the boy, she started to worry. "You're okay? I was just playing around... I just wanna see your ever so cute expression."
 
 
Yoseob's eyes widened upon hearing her last sentence. "My cute expression?"
 
 
She nodded. "Yeah. Omo, look at you right now, eyes widening like that. Ah, you're so cute~" she said as she reached his cheeks and started to pulls them slightly. 
 
Yoseob was stunned. The fact that Jung Eunji was pinching his cheeks didn't hurt at all. Instead he felt ticklish on his stomach. He was beyond happy that he found it was hard to keep himself from smiling like an idiot. 
 
 
 
 
"Yoseob," said Eunji, suddenly sounded serious, "I wanna show you something."
 
 
She pulled Yoseob by the arm, "Come! It's been my secret project for the last two weeks." And they both sat together on the old piano chair.
 
 
 
 
 
 
About Jung Eunji... How should Yoseob begin with?
 
She had always been the school's best singer ever since she was transferred to this town. She wore her uniform so neatly, but managed not to look nerdy in it. She combed her bangs whenever she was nervous. She smiled 'eye smiles' which made her happiness always seemed so sincere. She didn't have to do aegyo to make boys fell head over heels because even her simple acts like sneezing and pouting looked unintentionally cute.
 
But Yoseob didn't know she was such an excellent pianist too.
 
He just watched silently from her right side as her fingers danced on the piano keys, producing such a sweet melody. His gaze never left her. He stayed still, though jolt of static electricity seemed to run through his body everytime her shoulder accidentally rubbed his when she tried to reach they high note keys.
 
Despite all those tensions, Yoseob tried to put his concentration on his hearing, carefully immersed himself in the soothing song from her playing.
 
He felt as though he were flying.
 
The song... It was not in a slow tempo, it was not that mellow. Yet there was this dreamy feeling as the power in the song increased then slowed down and the notes switched in turn from low to high, as if they were expressing a feeling. The feelings of two people who fell in love.
 
Eunji ended the song and Yoseob was brought back from his dreamland. He watched her as she sighed then turned to him. A wide smile was platered on her face.
 
 
"So, how did I do? Was the song... listenable?" Out of a sudden, her expression turned worried. "Oh no. It was pretty messy, wasn't it? What was I thinking showing it off in front you? Ah, ottoke..."
 
 
She placed both of her hands on the sides of her cheek. Why are you always so cute, Jung Eunji, Yoseob thought. His heart still thumped really hard due to the close distance between them. Looking at her, he tried to come up with a compliment. I mean, the song was really good. But what the heck is a cool sentence to praise her?
 
 
"It- it was gr-great!"
 
 
Failed. The... (How many it is now?) failed attempt to at least talk properly in front her with no stutter. He mentally hit his head as she squinted her eyes at him, looking unsure.
 
 
"Yoseob-ssi... Don't lie... I was not very confident in my composing skill. Tell me your true opinion."
 
 
Oh dear. Now you made her feel unconfident with her skill! God damn his speaking skill.
 
 
"No, no, no. You- you got me wrong!" he said waving his hands in panic, "The song... The song was..."
 
 
He took a deep breath.
 
Must.
 
Not.
 
Stutter.
 
 
"It was such a beautiful song, Eunji-ah. It touched me. You're a skillful pianist... A talented composer too."
 
 
And there was no any better way to seal the school day other than seeing her smile after hearing his words.

 

 


First of all, let me just say I'm terribly sorry for the super late update. Life's been a roller coaster! ㅋㅋㅋ

But I can't tell how I'm really thankful to the loyal subscribers of 'Love Day'. I hope you all love how the story has developed into. If you didn't, there was nothing you could do anyway. Wait, you could unsubscribe, but that'd make me feel real sad. Omg, I shouldn't be sayimg this. On the other hand, a warm hello and virtual hugs to swaggertroll_ , TrannLennaa, twyywt, Lelielou9 ! Welcome to the world of my imagination where Yoseob actually has feelings for Eunji!

To twyywt : hey, how I'm so glad to see you on another fanfiction of mine! I heart you! (here I let Yoseob to kiss you lol)