'L'

'Love Day' - HIATUS

 

The bell just rang and it was time for class exchange.

Jung Eunji let out a big yawn as she laid her head on the table. She had been trying really hard to keep her eyes opened to cope up with Mr. Cho's Math "bedtime story" and now, she just couldn't take it anymore. She didn't know at what time she slept last night, she didn't even have the chance to check out the time 'cause she was effing exhausted that she fell asleep immediately after her back hit the soft mattress. It was much more comfortable that way anyway since she didn't have to spend hours of counting sheeps in order to fall asleep filling her head with worries, though she wondered why she kept thinking about her Dad whereas she knew he wouldn't listen to her whatsoever.

"I can handle this" he said.

Everything had not been the same since her Mom passed, the home-made kimchi, the lavender-scent curtains, the blooming flowers at the balcony, the wise and cheerful father... It was as if Eomma took them all with her

She immediately cursed herself for thinking so. Really, her head hadn't been in the right place.

 

"Eunji-ah, you're not going to the vocal class?"

 

She rubbed her eyes and looked up. Park Chorong wide eyes greeted her.

 

"The class is next door... I'm tired. I need more sleep."

 

"I don't get why you always look so worn out these days."

 

Eunji didn't answer. She gave Chorong her back head view. Few seconds later, she heard her foot steps leaving her. She laid back her head on the table. Her eyes stared at grey sky that had been hanging above Seoul for the last two weeks. How could even the sky know how she felt, yet my friends don't...

She couldn't blame them. Would she say no everytime they asked her to meet them at the bars? Would she refused the latest cocktail they recommended though it contained alcohol? Would she tell them she felt uncomfortable with their 'group' being called 'exclusive'? Would she ignore Son Dongwoon, the so-called cool guy they told her to date?

 

No.

 

She just couldn't. She didn't dare to disappoint them. She went along and acted like nothing was wrong, so they wouldn't ask her questions. She didn't want them to see through her smiles, that thing with her father that she wanted to bury. Hanging with them kept her mind off her father for some times, so she didn't mind.

That was Jung Eunji for you, a total coward at heart.

 

I really shouldn't go over those stuffs again...

 

Letting out every single power she still had in her muscle, she got up and headed to the next class, vocal, one of the only things that brought out her interests in life. She loves singing. There was no doubt about it. It started when her Mom taught her the children song "Three Little Bears" for her kindergarten talent show. She had been singing ever since, in the bathroom, in her bedroom, in karaoke, mostly in the bathroom. She never really get to expand it because her father wanted his mini-me, who played classic piano and learnt finance.

She finally arrived at her seat. Her friends sat beside and in front of her. She looked around. Her radar was ready to caught the presence of one particular guy.

Beep

From the corner of her eyes, she saw him, looking kind of tired and sweating, as always. She didn't understand why. She didn't care. He looked so boyish cute like that. She immediately turned to her friends who had already got on in a conversation about the latest hip club in town which they might be able to get in with Son Dongwoon's connection.

It was few seconds later when she heard noise from the seat behind her and smile crept up to her face. She knew who sat in that seat because that person always sit there. Her heart rate started to progress its tempo. She took a deep breath and turned around.

 

"Hello, Yoseob-ssi."

 

A cheerful greeting escaped from , but she got a shocked miced scared look from his face. She felt down immediately. She wondered why most boys went all smiley and dreamy when she only casually greeted them, yet this guy... Only made her fell for him more.

She giggled, trying to stay in her cheerful state and came up with the first praise she thought of, "You look so cute, Yoseob-ssi," she said, adding giggles in between, "Your expression is so funny!"

His expression turned mild as the shock and scare faded away. Eunji could only hoped he didn't think her smile was anywhere near weird.

 

 


Kyaaa! So many of you comment and subscribe, I'm literally shrieking here. You guys are truly motivation. I was stuck after this chapter reached 10 paragraphs or so, but after I logged in and saw your response, I somehow managed to finish this in about...20 minutes?

That's just so cool to me because I usually take daaays to produce one chapter, thanks to school.

And thanks to FanyLovesPink, amazingmyza, Champions27 for subscribing! Hope this story has evolved to your liking.

@0501aholic: kekeke I'll try my best! But I haven't decided how I should end this story XD

@GenieForeverSone: Omo... I really don't expect my reader will cry, I just try to position myself in Yoseob's character and wrote how I'd feel, but I'm touced that you do. Thanks for giving this story so much love. Appreciate it x100

Shameless promotion, but I wrote a fan account about MBC Music Core lol i feel so thick-skinned. Anyway if you wanna read, it's here.