'V'

'Love Day' - HIATUS

If there was another thing about school that Eunji liked, it would be the piano at the first floor music room. It was not a grand piano and definitely not a sleek brand new one. Its sell price wouldn't be high either, that or the seller would directly reject it because it was barely a used piano.

But it worked just fine. In fact, it had a very nice sound, old and dreamy, as if the player was taken back through time.

 

That was why Eunji loved it so much.

 

If there was one thing Eunji did not like, it would be...now. The present. This very moment she sat alone at the old piano chair, silence surrounded her, and she just stayed there, eyes towards the window that showed some guys playing soccer, but her mind was not there.

 

Her father just called.

 

She remembered how she used to skip around happily while holding the phone as she talked to her ever so busy dad. She would talk so ethusiastically to him about...almost everything!

But now, she half wished her dad didn't call.

 

"How is my princess doing?"

 

"Appa, where are you?"

 

"I'm...working, Eunji-ah."

 

"Come home, please. Just leave them all-"

 

"I can't leave things that support your life, Eunji."

 

"You. Your presence is what support me, Appa. You're the only one I have left, but now with the police keep knocking on our door, looking for you, I'm afraid I'm gonna lose you."

 

"I'll...call you later, okay?"

 

Yet another short conversation. Yet another disappoinment.

She was starting to be really afraid her father wouldn't come home.

 

She threw a glance at the window and someone caught her eye. Smile immediately crept up to her face. Without second thought, she rushed to the window and opened it in one push.

 

"Yoseob-ssi! Hi, YOSEOB-SSI!" she screamed, probably too loud and too sudden that his eyes widened as he stared in surprise at her.

 

 

"Eun- eunji? What are you doing? P- people are staring."

 

"You're going home already? Can I ask for a little of your time?"

 

She was being like a child now, but she didn't care. Seeing him, she felt a boost of happiness. An idea popped in her mind.

 

"Ye- yeah. Sure!" He answered, didn't look so sure.

 

"Goody! Come on, hop in!"
 
 
 
His eyes widened. "Ho- hop in? You mean jump through the window? Into the room? B- but there's door."

 

She pouted. "But then you'd have to walk around back to the school lobby and walk a long way through the alley to this music room."
 
 
 
True, the music room was located at the furthest part of the school building. That's why it was closed to the field, which was located at the back side of the school.
 
 
 
"It's okay. I'll take the door. Safety's first, right?" He grinned sheepishly.
 
 
Eunji squinted her eyes in confusion, but soon found Yang Yoseob was just being cute as always.
 
 
 
"Okay, I'll be waiting for you!" she said.
 
 
She watched in contentment as he rushed to the other side of the school. When he was out of sight, she sat back at the old piano chair and let out a breath.
 
Maybe this project came at the right time. After today, she figured out she did need a break. Worries had been filling her days for the last few weeks and she started to be afraid people would notice.
 
At times like this, she wished she was just a normal girl. Not the Jung Eunji. Didn't have to keep her head high, didn't have to put on a smiling mask, didn't have to choose which kind of people she wanted to befriend...
 
She touched the piano keys lightly. I wish all of these are just dreams...
 
 
Just then, she heard footsteps coming towards the music room. It was the sound of a person running, but a few seconds later, the steps became stable and slower. Eunji giggled, thinking Yang Yoseob really ran all the way here.
 
She pictured his awkward gestures, his shy appearance, and his quiet self. Maybe, it would be kind of fun to surprise him from behind the door. Old trick, childish, but big part of Eunji wanted to fool around, to ease any trances of sadness from her head.
 
And so, she hid herself. 5   4   3   2   1
 
 
"BOO!"
 
 
"MWOYA-"
 
 
As expected, she couldn't control her laugh. "I should have prepared my phone camera! You should see your expression! Your eyes, they looked as though they wanted to popped out!"
 
She threw her head back and laughed more. For a second there, tears almost dropped from the corner of her eyes. She hoped he didnt notice.
 
However, after a few seconds, she started to think she probably had laughed too excessively.
 
 
"Yoseob-ssi..." She nudged her index finger at his shoulder, "You're okay? I was just playing around... I just wanna see your ever so cute expression." 
 
 
His eyes widened. "My cute expression?"
 
"Yeah. Omo, look at you right now, eyes widening like that. Ah, you're so cute~" Unconsciously, she reached for his cheeks and started pinching them.
 
He stayed silent...and confused. Eunji noticed she was being kidn of weird right now. Too frontal, Jung Eunji. She cleared out of sudden and put back her smile.
 
 
"Yoseob, I wanna show you something," she said. She deliberated for a moment, to grab his hands or not, but she took his hand anyway. "Come! It's been my secret project for the last two weeks."
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eunji had given it some thought.
After a while, she was ready to let the world hear her composition.
She wanted him to listen, maybe figured out how she felt.
 
She was Jung Eunji.
There was nothing wrong about being that girl. She was just a normal Korean teenager. She fell in love, she had a dream.
 
But, the school's It-girl did not confess to guys, nor should she harbour a feeling for a guy who was not in the school's sports team. The school's It-girl could not be seen isolating herself with piano, composing a mellow love song. The school's It-girl hung out at the hippest club in town. The school's It-girl...had a perfect life.
 
Eunji had been trying to define the word "perfect" lately.
 
 
Was there even a word called "perfect"?
 
 
There wasn't popularity without dark secret. There wasn't wealth without poorness. There wasn't happiness without sadness.
 
Yet, there was always music. She was absolutely thankful for the love and gift of music. It was as if she could always find it inside of her, no matter how she was feeling. The tune, the rhythm, the melody.
 
She applied them on the piano, she kept the songs in her heart, and she chose which one to display.
 
 
Just like this very moment. 
 
This time, it was love. She would be heavily lying if she said her heart wasn't beating very fast. Perhaps too fast that she was kind of afraid she pressed the wrong key.
 
She played the song as much as she remembered. That second when her eyes met his for the first time, the hints that she gave but went out of notice, the wave of desire and at the same time, the insecurity of his feelings for her if he found out...
 
 
"So, how did I do? Was the song... listenable?" she asked after she ended the song.
 
 
He was just there, staring blankly at the piano. And she found herself suddenly panicking.
 
 
"Oh no. It was pretty messy, wasn't it? What was I thinking showing it off in front you? Ah, ottoke..." 
 
 
"It- it was gr-great!"
 
 
"Yoseob-ssi... Don't lie... I was not very confident in my composing skill. Tell me your true opinion."
 
 
"No, no, no. You- you got me wrong!" he said waving his hands in panic, "The song... The song was..."
 
 
"It was such a beautiful song, Eunji-ah. It touched me. You're a skillful pianist... A talented composer too."
 
 
She never wished praises for her piano playing, knowing she didn't show it often. And Yang Yoseob's compliment was not the first one she heard.
 
But it felt so nice hearing it from him.
 
 
 
 
 

Hello? Hope you still remember this story!

Sorry for the long absence. Academic essays have been killin' me! Seriously, I pick writing fanfiction mooore than essays on "Human Origin" . Maybe that's why during my absence of 'Love Day' I have yet started two other fanfiction. I haven't even finished one story!

Anyway, I'm so happy to see new subbies: akumajae94 and mxrshmxllxw! Thanks for subscribing! And never forget, thank you for all the comments! I literally jump on my seat everytime I see them.

@elea563: I still haven't decided the end for this story keke, and since there had not been many explanations about Eunji's true character here. I figure I'd explore more on her, but oh, how it is much more harder to write her POV. Btw, How would you like it to end? ^^

@GenieForeverSone: I LIKE YOUR CAPS LOCK COMMENT! Makes me feel your excitement and I must say, I'm so happy of that!

@amazingmyza, @orangesun: Thanks guys! You're so kind >.<

Until then... If you like reading something about Junhyung, you might wanna give I'm Okay a peek. Hmm, no? Haha, I know you're tempted to click the link! (What am I doing...)