Awkward

The Guardian Angel

 

“Youngbae, I’m sure she’ll come back. She can’t just leave us like that, can’t she?” SeungRisaid, worried for Amelia’s safety. I sat there, hoping she was okay. Where would she go? She was clueless about being human. She didn’t know the needs that were needed in a human body, the hurtful things that could happen to her…She was like a young child roaming the country by herself. She was vulnerable.

            “We have to look for her. She’s only been human for hours. Who knows what could happen to her? She could get hurt!” Jiyong said. Why was Ji caring for her more than I should be? I’m a horrible person. I stood up and grabbed my coat.

            “Dae and Ji. I need you guys should to stay here and keep Hyuna company. I want you to not let her out of this house. When we come back, I want to call my parents over. I want this wedding to never happen.” I said. Ji and Dae smiled big. SeungRiand TOPsmirked.

            “I see Youngbae has finally come to his senses.”  A voice said. I turned around and saw this old man sitting on the recliner. His face reminded me of Amelia’s…It had the same angelic features.

            “AH! WHO THE HELL IS THIS OLD MAN?!” Ji screamed, shocked by the appearance of the old man.

            “Oh my, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m sorry.  My name is Kim Woo Sook. I am Amelia’s father.” He bowed his head, and smiled.

            “You’re Amelia’s father?” TOPsaid, softly.

            “Why yes, I actually am. I’m sorry to have alarmed you, there Jiyong.” He said, bowing lightly to Jiyong. Jiyong bowed back, confused. “Anyhow, I’m here because I sensed my daughter’s sadness. I was worried because I overheard her say that she no longer wanted to be your guardian angel Youngbae.” I flinched at his words.

            “I’m sorry to have brought worry upon you...I honestly don’t know what’s been going on with me.” I said, sighing. “I’m sorry to inform you that Amelia ran away...And it’s all my fault.”

            “I know she ran away. I am her father. I am here to help you find her. I may not be able to locate her immediately due to the, how would you say, jet lag. I’m currently in my human form, but I can tell you places she might be. I’ve looked after her while she was living on Earth with you boys. When you were all asleep, she would be otherwise watching over you, Youngbae, or at certain places here in Seoul.”

            “Watching over me?” I said, confused.

            “Youngbae, have you not noticed? My daughter was originally made to be every member’s guardian angel, but it seems that she has grown a bond towards you. This not only means that she is a part of you now, but she can now feel what you feel. If you are ever in sadness, she feels it. If you ever get hurt, she feels it. She can feel every single emotion you pertain, apart from the feeling of love.” Mr.Sook, smiled at me. “She can’t feel when you’re in love because that emotion has been blocked by her own emotion of love.”

            “You mean, Amelia’s in love?”SeungRi asked. Mr.Sook nodded. Amelia was in love..? But with who..

            “Yes, she is indeed in love. But that is not something I can tell you. That is something that you will have to find out on your own.” Mr.Sook clapped his hands. “Well enough of this. We must find my daughter. She’s new to her human form, so who knows what she’s doing right now.”

            That was right. Amelia had never been human in her life. Ever.

            Which meant that she was vulnerable to the world. She could get hurt, she could be kidnapped. I had to find her. No matter what, I had to find her.

 

Amelia’s point of view:

           

The sky was filled with stars, glistening in the moonlight. I sat on a bench in a park I always went to when everyone was sleeping. I sat there, thinking about what I had just done. I had ran away from my home, ran away from the boys, and ran away from my problems.

            But they weren’t my problems. They couldn’t be. It was Youngbae’s wedding, not mine. I shouldn’t have been worrying.

            But why was I worrying? I couldn’t figure it out. Was it because I grew so close to Youngbae that I only want the best for him? Or was it because I was his guardian angel...

            “I do love him...” I said, looking out to the ocean. I sighed and shook my head. No, no. I couldn’t be in love with Youngbae. I was an angel, and he was a human. Sure, I was human for the time being, but I’m not going to be human for long. Not until I kiss my one true love...

            The beautiful sky was suddenly filled with dark, gray clouds. I sighed as it started raining.

            “Great. This can’t get any worse...” I got up from my bench and walked to town. Suddenly, my stomach made this noise. “Oh, I must be hungry...So this is what it feels like to be hungry.” A pain hit my stomach. “Gosh, no wonder Seung whines about being hungry. It honestly hurts...” I looked around for food. I finally came across a cart on the sidewalk. I walked to the owner of the street food cart.

            “Um, hello! I’m very hungry, but I do not have any money to pay. Would you be so kind as to give me some sort of leftovers, sir?” I asked, hoping for a yes. He was turned down, fixing another customer’s meal.

            “We do not serve people who cannot earn their food, I’m so-“ He turned around and stopped. “Dear Lord in heaven...” he starred at me. “You’re so...Beautiful...”

            “I’m sorry sir to have bothered you. Please, get back to your business, I’ll get going.” I bowed, about to leave.

            “No, no! Please, take some food with you. I’m sorry for ignoring you earlier. Please, accept a meal as an apology.” He said, giving me a strange looking meal. I smiled, and bowed, taking the food carefully.

            “May the Lord bless you with many customers.” I bowed, taking the food. It was a sort of bread-ish substance on a stick. Sure, I’ve cooked for the boys before, but I’ve never made anything like this…

            “May the Lord bless you too!” He yelled as I walked away. I smiled and waved back. “She was so beautiful. I wonder if she was a model...” Suddenly, people started going to his cart and ordering food. “Oh my! Tons of business!” he said, smiling.

 

            “Where could she be?!” Youngbae said, worried. Mr.Sook and the rest of the boys walked around the park, looking for Amelia. Mr.Sook suddenly froze. Youngbae rushed to his side and shook him slightly. “Sir?! Sir, are you okay?!” he asked, worried. Mr.Sook shook his head.

            “She’s getting food. Or better yet, she got food. This man gave her food. She was at his food cart, and she blessed him with customers.” He said.

            “How do you know? I thought you couldn’t communicate her, since you’re on your human side?” SeungRiasked.

            “I might be on my human side, but the Lord cannot take a break, you know. My powers came back to me a while ago. Besides, she might be human for the meantime, but she has the ability to bless still. When she blesses someone, I am informed of her blessing. I make sure it happens, which was what I was doing just a minute ago. She’s at this food cart in town. We should go before she goes any further.”

            “Wait, YOU’RE God?!” TOPasked. Mr.Sook laughed.

            “Wouldn’t the creator of angels and guardians be God? Hmm? Isn’t that what this ‘book’ you humans made about me says?”

            “God, this is weird...” SeungRisaid. Mr.Sook’s chuckled.

            “Yes, it is weird. You don’t have to tell me. I already knew it was weird.” Mr.Sook’s laughed. I laughed as well.

            “What? What are you laughing at?!”SeungRisaid, confused about Mr.Sook’s joke.

 

            I walked, nibbling on the bread on a stick. It was actually rather delicious! It had this sort of sausage frank in the middle. I would’ve never thought that human food was actually quite good. I walked around town, looking around at the different stores. I actually did like being human. You could go around, buy things, and eat yummy food! I then saw a poster. It had the band on it.

            Youngbae...I sighed, and felt the poster. I couldn’t believe I yelled all those things at him. He was always nice and kind to me...And I acted repulsive towards him. I couldn’t even believe myself.

            “Excuse me ma’am, are you alright?” a man said, standing next to me. I felt drops roll down my face. I touched my cheeks. I was crying.

            “Oh, I’m sorry. Rough day.” I said, smiling lightly. The man smiled back.

            “Ah, I guess I’m not the only one. Would you like some company?” he asked, smiling lightly. His smile was very warm...It reminded me of Youngbae’s smile.

            “That would be nice!” I said, walking with him.

            “Well my name is Daniel. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He said, smiling.

            “My name is Amelia. It’s nice to meet you too!” I said. “So...Why are you having a bad day?” I asked. “If you wish to tell me, that is.”

            “Well, my fiancée, or should I say ex-fiancée, left me. We were supposed to get married tomorrow.” He said.

            “Oh dear. I’m sorry...” I said, saddened.

            “Oh, don’t be sad! Don’t worry. I’ll be alright.” He sighed lightly. “So what happened with you?”

            I sighed lightly. “Well, one of my dearest friends is getting married tomorrow with a horrible woman. She only wants him for his money and fame. It’s not like he wants to marry her. His parent’s arranged their marriage. I told him that he should tell his parents, but he won’t listen to me. So, when we were coming home from his fiancee’s wedding dress fitting, which she didn’t attend by the way, I told him how I felt, and that it was stupid that he didn’t want to talk to his parents...I basically hurt him and later, he was yelling at me because I sort of hurt his girlfriend because she threw hot oil at our best friend...” I said, sighing.

            “I see...Well, I’m not sure why he didn’t listen to you. You seem like you know what’s best for him. And this girl, she doesn’t sound too nice...She sounds quite scary, actually.” I giggled lightly.

            “Yeah…I really shouldn’t be getting into any of their business though. Besides, it’s his life and he has to do what he wants. I can’t interfere every time he makes a mistake…I just don’t want him to make this big of a mistake though. He’ll be stuck with her.”

            “Don’t worry. I’m pretty sure he’ll come to his senses. If I was him, I would come to my senses soon. Even if I did not want to disobey my parents, they aren’t the ones who are going to spend the rest of their life with this woman.” I smiled at his words. He was wise…

            “AMELIA!” I heard Youngbae’s voice call me. I turned around, finding him running towards me. Worry ran through my veins. Would he yell at me?

            His arms were suddenly around me. He put his head on my shoulder, and hugged me tightly. He brought his face in front of mine. I froze. He had tears in his eyes.

            “I looked everywhere for you! I was worried. I thought I would never find you...” he said, tearing up.

            “Youngbae, why are you here? You should be with Hyuna, your fiancée, you know.” I said, confused.

            “Amelia, the only thing I care about is you right now.” He said, hugging me tighter. I froze when I realized the person behind him.

            “FATHER!” I yelled. I broke free from Youngbae as I ran towards my father. “Father, what are you doing here? You look so...different.” I said. He flicked my forehead.

            “Of course I’m human, silly girl! I couldn’t just come as my normal self, now could I? People would have heart-attacks and those who do not believe in my presence would faint!” He said, laughing. I smiled, blushing. I saw TOP and SeungRi

            “SeungRi! TOP!” I said, hugging them too. They smiled and hugged me back.

            “It’s nice to see you too, Melon head.” TOPsaid, laughing. SeungRiattacked me.

            “MELON!!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT I WAS NEVER GOING TO SEE YOU EVER AGAIN!” he started sobbing. I laughed, and hugged him back.

            Daniel coughed. I smiled, and stood next to him.

            “Everyone, this is Daniel. He’s one of my new friends.” I said, introducing Daniel. He smiled and bowed at everyone.

            “Yo, dude! Your hair is freaking legit!” SeungRi said, standing next to him. Daniel chuckled. Youngbae looked at him and nodded slightly. Why was he being rude?

            “It seems it’s going to rain soon. Daniel, do you have a place to stay?” Mr.Sook said. He scratched his neck.

            “In all honesty, I don’t. My ex-fiancée kicked me out of my house.” He smiled, chuckling.

            “You should stay with us! Father, did you get a home while you were here?” I asked. He smiled, and snapped his finger.

            “I did now.”

            I shook my head, laughing. “You should really stay with us, Daniel. We honestly don’t mind!” I smiled at him. He nodded and bowed. “By the way, where’s Dae and Ji?”

            “They’re with Hyuna.” Youngbae said. I ignored him. Even though I felt horrible for hurting him, I still don’t feel completely well talking to him. He did ignore the fact that Hyuna hurt Jiyong.

            “Seung, could you call him and tell them they could stay with us? There’s a big storm coming, and I’d rather you guys not drive all the way back. It’s an hour drive…And with the pouring rain, who knows what’s bound to happen.” Youngbae’s face brightened. “Youngbae, you should go home to Hyuna.”

            “No, it’s fine. I’ll come with you.” He said. I sighed.

            “You should go home to your fiancée, Youngbae.” I said, sternly. His face was full of hurt once more. “Let’s go everyone. Seung, could you take us to my father’s house? He’ll show you the way there.” TOPnodded and walked to his car. “Let’s go Daniel! We can eat yummy food when we get home, okay?”

            “Uh, Amelia, I think he’ll have to go with Youngbae and SeungRi. My car can only fit three.” Seung said. I nodded.

            Youngbae looked at Daniel. How could she care more about a man she barely met? A rush of jealousy hit Youngbae. Why am I feeling like this? He thought. And now I have to drive him to MY place?