Beautiful

The Guardian Angel

 

Amelia opened her eyes, hesitating a bit from the brightness. She looked around and found herself in Mr.Sook’s palace, with him sitting in his usual spot: a couch near his warm fireplace. As usual, he was reading a book, calmly sipping his favorite batch of tea in which Amelia had left for him before her trip to Earth. He looked up from the book he was reading, and smiled lightly.

            “Hello Amelia. I haven’t finished the batch of tea you prepared for me before your leave, as you can see. I never got to thank you for it, so thank you.” He said, walking towards the young angel sitting in his living room confused. She looked up at him.

            “How did you…Why did you..You knew I was coming, didn’t you?” She asked him, raising an eyebrow. Mr.Sook chuckled, handing her a cup of tea.

            “Well, why wouldn’t I know? You’re my daughter, young one. I should know when you feel sad, no?” he said. Amelia starred at him, wondering if he knew EVERYTHING she’s been doing. “Ah, don’t stare at me with those huge brown eyes Amelia. I haven’t been spying on you. I just figured you’d come home soon. I heard about Youngbae’s engagement, so I figured you’d come home for some help. Now what was it you wanted? To become human, no?” Amelia looked at him confused.

            “How did you know..”

            “My dear Amelia. As your creator, I should know when you’re sad, right? And as your father, I know when you are as well. Now tell me, how long do you wish to be human for?” he asked her.

            “Um, I don’t know actually. How long could I be human for?”

            “Well, since I haven’t tried it out on anyone yet..” Mr.Sook took out a bottle of potion, carefully examining the label, “it seems that I made this to last for four weeks. One month. Is that enough?”

            “One month..Youngbae’s wedding is in a week..It should be enough time then.” Amelia looked at her father. “Please father, let me be human for one month.” He gave her the bottle carefully.

            “Amelia, there’s something I must warn you about the potion though. At midnight, exactly one month from today, will be the deadline. If you do not kiss your true love, you will return home and never see them again. But, if you do, you will become human or stay as an angel. The choice is yours. Please daughter, be careful.” Mr.Sook said, worried for his daughter. Amelia looked at the bottle.

            “Why is it always midnight…” she said. She bowed in respect to her father, and gave him a hug. “Thank you, father. I promise you everything will be okay.” Her father smiled.

            “Go one Amelia. Live life for once.”

 

            Thump.

            “Ouch. What the heck. What kind of transportation was that...” Amelia got up from the fall she had. She looked around. Where the heck am I...Oh wait, I’m in Jiyong’s closet.

            Amelia opened the closet door and crawled out. She then heard a squeal.

            “HOLY SHIZ WHO THE HE-“

            Amelia looked up.

            “Oh, hey baby, since when has such a beautiful lady been hiding in my closet? You want an autograph? I’ll give you more~.” Jiyong flirted.

            “WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! I JUST CAME BACK AND FELL IN YOUR FREAKING CLOSET. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, YOU ERT.” Amelia grabbed one of his shoes and threw it at him. G-Dragon’s eyes opened wide.

            “A-Amelia?! You’re…AMELIA?!” Jiyong looked at her, shocked. She got up and dusted her jeans.

            “No shiz Sherlock. I came back from home.” She said.

            “Your wings...You’re human then!” Jiyong suddenly attacked Amelia hugging her. “Aish I missed you! I thought you were never coming back!”

            “What are you talking about? I was only gone for ten minutes.”

            “Ten minutes? NO! You were gone for five days!” he said, hugging her tightly.        

            “FIVE DAYS? Oh dear. I guess there’s a difference in time between Earth and home. That’s odd.” I said. “Wait. Why were you flirting with me earlier? How did you NOT recognize me? I’m still me, aren’t I?” He smirked at her.

            “Look in a mirror. I’m pretty sure you won’t even recognize the girl in it.” He said, pulling her to his full body mirror.

            Indeed, the girl in the mirror was a completely different person. She still looked like Amelia, the angel, but ironically, with more angelic features. She had to admit, she wasn’t half bad.

            “Wow...I’m actually...pretty.” she said, surprised at her own looks. Jiyong chuckled, hitting her lightly on the arm. “What?”

            “How can you say that you are ‘actually pretty’? You’ve always been beautiful, Melon.” The door suddenly opened.

            “AISH, JI! Where did you leave my-“  TOP  then noticed the girl standing in the middle of Jiyong’s room. “Aigo...Who is this beautiful woman?”

            “Don’t even start, Toppy.” Amelia said, throwing a pillow at him. Hewas struck with shock.

            “AMELIA?!” he said, starring at her. “When did you...You’re human!” he said, running towards her, hugging her. She rolled her eyes and hugged him back. “DAESUNG, SEUNRI. GET IN HERE. AMELIA’S BACK!”

            A panda and a goof-off suddenly appeared in the room, attacking Amelia.

            “MEEELLOOOOON! You’re back!” DaeSungsaid, hugging her tightly.

            “Daaammnn, when you said you were an angel, I didn’t think you meant it literally!” SeungRi said, checking Amelia out. She rolled her eyes, hitting his shoulder lightly.

            “Yah! Stop that. I’m still me, just wingless.” She said, fixing herself from the glomps.

            “Still, we never imagined you to be this beautiful. I’m actually worried about taking you outside. Who knows what sort of erts would attack you.” TOP said, as a matter of factly.

            “Wait. You said earlier I was gone for five days after my departure... That means Youngbae’s wedding is tomorrow?!” she said, hoping she was wrong. Jiyong looked down.

            “I’m sorry Melon, but his wedding IS tomorrow...”

            Her heart dropped. He was getting married…tomorrow. And I’m here doing nothing, she thought. Amelia suddenly rushed out of Jiyong’s room.

            “Amelia! Where are you going?” SeungRi called. She stopped and looked at them with a serious face.

            “You have to take me to him. Please, take me to Youngbae.” She said, looking at all four of them. Seung sighed, shaking his head smiling. DaeSung smiled big.

            “I thought you were never going to ask, Melon.”