Meeting

The Guardian Angel

 

1st person:

            The ride to Youngbae’s new house was dreadful. Everyone kept assuring me that his fiancée wouldn’t kick me out. Apparently, the boys had told her that I was dating Jiyong. What loads of crap was that?

            “Look Amelia, we’re sorry about not telling you this earlier but, you were gone for five days. We had to come up with something. I mean, just imagine telling this chick your friend’s about to marry ‘hey this chick Amelia lives with us. She watches us in our sleep and stuff.’ It doesn’t really sound all too good...”Jiyong, trying to convince me, that going to Youngbae’s house wasn’t going to be as bad as I thought. I still wasn’t convinced.

            “Well, we’re here. I’m sorry Amelia, but please, if you ever feel that you need to get away for a while, don’t hesitate. I’m here for you!” DaeSung said. I smiled, nodding.

            Youngbae’s new house was rather...Big. It was more like a mansion rather than a house.

            The front door suddenly screeched open. I stood there, worried, nervous, about what he would say.

            A blonde woman opened the door. She was shockingly pretty. She looked at Jiyong and the others, and scoffed.

            “What are you doing here?” She said, speaking perfect English.

Jiyong stood there confused. Sure, he knew some English, but he wasn’t fluent yet. I stepped in front of him.

            “My friends and I are here to see our friend, Youngbae. Please, let us in. We have already informed him of our arrival, therefore, there is no need to feel alarmed.” I said, speaking perfectly good English, shocking her. Hey, who said I was ever Korean?

            “And who are you?” She asked, glaring at me. I smiled at her rudeness.

            “I’m one of Youngbae’s friends. My name is Amelia.” I said. She scoffed.

            “So you’re that little Jiyong’s little latina girlfriend.” She looked at me up and down. “You’re very pretty. You should find someone else, instead of that dragon boy.” I restrained myself from breaking her little fake face.

            “Hyuna, who’s at the door?” I heard Youngbae’s voice. I froze, and retrieved back where I originally was.

            “Oh. Your friends are here.” She said, leaving. Youngbae smiled when he saw his friends. He then spotted me. “Oh, I see you brought a friend as well.” He walked in front of me and bowed. “Hello, I’m Youngbae. May I know your name?” I sighed.

            “Youngbae, it’s me. Amelia.” I said, hoping the new transformation wouldn’t be too much for him. He was shocked indeed.

            “A-Amelia?!” he suddenly hugged me. “Where were you?! Do you know how worried I was? The members told me you were gone for five days! I thought we had lost you!” he said. “But you look so different...And your wings!”

            “I’m human, Youngbae.” I said, smiling lightly.

            “H-Human?” he said. I nodded. DaeSungcoughed slightly.

            “Um, is there any chance we could talk about this? Inside?” He asked, nodding towards the door. Youngbae smiled and led us in his house.

            It was a beautiful house. Personally, I have never been to his house. It was huge, with many family portraits, and flowers hung everywhere. It was a very home-like place.

            “Amelia, what’s the sudden change?” He asked. “The members told me that you did go to your home to be turned into human, but I didn’t think it would make you look...Why did you choose to be human?”

            “Make me look what?” I asked, referring to where he stuttered. He shook his head smiling.

            “Nothing. I couldn’t find the right words is all.”

            “Well, the reason why I changed was so I could go to your wedding. The best girl has to be there, right?” I said. “And having wings in a church full of humans wouldn’t be too pretty.”

            “That’s true...Which reminds me. I have to get going in a while. Hyuna’s dress tryouts are in half an hour.” Youngbae said, looking at his watch. A maid suddenly came into the room.

            “Sir, Hyuna left. She said to tell you that she was meeting up with her friends for lunch.” The maid said. Youngbae sighed.

            “Aish, she’s always leaving. How is she going to get fitted in her dress? The wedding’s tomorrow...” he said. He then eyed me. “Amelia. Would you mind coming with me to the fitting? You seem to be her size...”

            Fitting? But that would mean that I’d have to wear her wedding dress...The dress that should belong to me.

            “Sure. I’d love to.” I said, not even thinking about the hurt I would have to go through.

            “Perfect.”

            The wedding dress Hyuna was going to wear for her wedding was designed by Vera Wang. I eyed myself in the mirror as I tried it on. It fit perfectly, and flowed down my body like a waterfall. I would be wearing this...

            “Amelia? Are you finished?” I heard Youngbae call for me.

            “Coming!” I said, quickly fixing the dress. I walked out of the fitting room.

Youngbae’s point of view:

            I was waiting for Amelia to try on Hyuna’s wedding dress. It hurt me knowing that the dress should’ve been for her, but my parents wouldn’t have allowed me to marry anyone they didn’t know, nevertheless an angel. Amelia then walked out of the fitting room.

            She looked beautiful. Not the beautiful that most people would describe a landscape or even a vase of exotic flowers. Her beauty was beyond words. Her perfectly bouncy curls flowed down to her lower back. Her sweet brown eyes were bright and calming. Her smile. Oh her smile...

            “Youngbae?” Amelia said. I released myself from my trance, and smiled.

            “You look beautiful Amelia. I’m sure you will make a beautiful bride one day. The man who marries you is lucky.” I said.

            Yeah. He’ll be lucky...

Amelia’s point of view:

            His words struck me. My eyes were wanting to water, but I held it back. Did he not like me? Was I only dreaming of him marrying me? I stood there, fake-smiling at his words.

            “Well I should get this dress off. It’s not even mine.” I started walking back to the changing room when Youngbae grabbed my hand. I turned around and looked at him. His face looked hurt and apologetic.

            “Amelia, I want you to know that I am not marrying her because I love her. I’m marrying her because my parents are forcing me to…I need help.” he said, his eyes strong.

            “I know that, Youngbae. You don’t have to tell me again. What I really don’t get is why you haven’t gone to your parents for help, when they’re the ones that have arranged you with this girl…After tomorrow, you’re stuck with her. I doubt she even CARES about you. Sure, I’m your guardian angel and everything, and that I should look after you, but this isn’t something I’M in charge of doing. YOU are the one who has to break this. I’m not going to be here forever Youngbae. I’m not your action taker; I’m just your guardian. Do you really want to spend the rest of your life with someone who doesn’t even go to her wedding dress fitting? Do you really want to be with someone who treats her friends like she treated Jiyong and the rest of the gang? If you don’t, you’d do something about it.” I said, sounding a bit harsh. His face expression changed from strong, to hurt. He let go of my hand. I sighed and walked away.

            What the hell did I just do? I literally hurt him. I took off the dress, trying my best not to step on it. I put on my clothes and hung the dress where it originally was. I walked back to where Youngbae was, and headed towards his driver.