Chapter Six

Rekindle

Sorry! Long chapter!

Counselling

 

"You cheat! I told you I will choose the restaurant! Ice Cream Factory?! Really?!" Bom violently complained to Seunghyun who was dragging her in an ice cream parlour. She forcefully shook her hand away from his hold, "I got mistaken as your bride, I waited two long hours for you to decide which tie you want to get, the designer forced me into all his weird dresses and this is what I get?!"

Seunghyun lightly tapped her lips with his index finger, "Can you shut your trap for like five seconds? You're making so much noise. You're scaring all the children here" he then looked at the wall of ice cream flavour selections. "Blueberry cheesecake sounds good but I haven't tried triple chocolate fudge...Oh that's a new one, yanggeng..." He muttered to himself.

"Is this a joke to annoy me? 'Cause I'm not in the mood for this! Stop wasting my life and feed me real food!" Bom stomped her foot in annoyance.

He took out a card from his wallet, "Look here, I'm on my tenth stamp on the loyalty card so for this purchase, I get two free ice creams. For you and for Jiwoon. Come on, you can choose any flavour. Doesn't matter how expensive. The loyalty card will cover it all"

Bom clenched her teeth, "Just shoot me already. I'm so embarrassed to be here with you. I'm so embarrassed to be with you in general! Jiwoon let's go. I'll take you somewhere nice"

She saw that the child was not standing beside them anymore. "Jiwoon?" She looked around. "Jiwoon-ah?! Seunghyun. Where's Jiwoon?!"
"Jiwoon?" Seunghyun called out.
"Oh my god! We lost him! What are we going to do?!" Bom panicked and held onto Seunghyun's sleeve.

He patted her hand, "Relax. He might be in the playpen"

Bom hurried and looked at the playpen. She went back to Seunghyun with a worried face, "He's not there! I'm seriously going to die"
Seunghyun held her arm, "No. Don't die yet. Save your death on my wedding day when you see me in my gorgeous tux. I found him. He's just there. Talking to that random guy and his kid."

"What?!" Bom straightened up and walked towards the stranger talking to Jiwoon.

"Woah, you really look like hyung! This is so weird"
"Uncle Seungri, he's his son of course he would look like him"

"Seungri?" Bom widened his eyes upon seeing the guy who was talking to Jiwoon.
"Oh! Bom-noona! Is that you?" Seungri exclaimed excitedly.

Seunghyun asked, "You know this guy?"
"Yeah. He's Jiyong's bestfriend. We were introduced by Jiyong and Chaerin" Bom answered.
Seungri smiled, "You didn't change one bit, noona! Who is he? Your boyfrie-"
"No! He's Chaerin's fiancé!" Bom immediately cut him.

"So you're Seunghyun-ssi?" Chaeyoung asked.
"Chaerin! You shrunk!" Seunghyun chuckled. "You must be Chaerin's daughter. Yeah I'm Seunghyun. Call me uncle Seunghyun. Or Seunghyun-appa since I'll be your stepdad soon"

Chaeyoung just nodded and looked away.
"Oooh. Cold..."

Bom knelt down in level with Chaeyoung, "Chaeyoung, I'm your Auntie Bommie. I'm your mom's bestfriend. The last time I saw you, you were as small as Jiwoon. Maybe even smaller! Now look at you. I can see you growing up as pretty as your mommy. Speaking of her, where is she? She said she was going to visit you."

-----

Chaerin faced the other way avoiding Jiyong's lips, "W-wait. Jiyong. Can you s-stop?"

Jiyong leaned in closer and placed his hand behind Chaerin's neck pulling her in. He pressed his body against her as his mouth took over hers. Chaerin tried to push him away but he only tightened his embrace around her waist to secure her. With eyes closed he devoured the lips he missed so much.

His right hand traveled up and down her back trying to ease down her stiff body and it seemed as if it worked for her. She began to relax and respond to the kiss gripping his hair and pushing him closer to her.

He began trailing soft kisses to her jaw down her smooth neck. "I missed you so much, Hunchae" he muttered against her skin. "Please...be mine again..."

Chaerin dawned into a realization and suddenly pulled away. "No! I won't fall for this Kwon Jiyong. I won't. You think now that you're sure of what you're feeling I will come crawling back to you?! That I will trust you again?! What do you take me for, huh?"

-----

"There was a third party?" Seunghyun asked as he shoved down a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth.
Bom pounded her fists on the table, "Yeah! Sandara Park. That actress in YG! She saw them with her own two eyes. They were kissing inside the studio"
"Sandara Park? Noooo..." Seunghyun expressed in disbelief. "By the way Bom. Are you still gonna eat your ice cream? It's melting"
Bom looked at him in disgust, "Have it all."
"Isn't Sandara Park happily engaged to Taeyang now, though? I saw the news on Naver" Seungri scratched his head. "Hyung was completely telling the truth in the counselling I think. He's quite a loyal man."
"Why didn't you mention that that time then?!" Bom asked.
"Well I didn't have the chance to say anything! And that was really just a small bit of the whole counselling session right?"
"Wait. What counselling session are you two on about?" Seunghyun curiously asked.

Bom explained, "There was a point when Chaerin and Jiyong were constantly bickering. It was already annoying. Both didn’t want to see a counsellor so we decided to talk to them ourselves. You know, to fix their problems"

~~~~~

"Mr. and Mrs. Kwon, I'm your counsellor Dr. Lee and this is Dr. Park. Please take your seats" Seungri motioned Jiyong and Chaerin towards the leather chairs in their living room.
"Seungri, I don't think we need the acting" Bom hissed. She then faced the couple, "You two already know why we're doing this, right? This is to fix your marriage problem"
"Or problemsss" Seungri emphasized.
"Is this really necessary?" Jiyong huffed as he leaned back on his seat.
"He obviously doesn't want to fix this so stop bothering, unnie" Chaerin monotonously said but with bitterness in her tone.

Jiyong groaned, "What I'm saying is, I think we can fix this ourselves. Why do we have to involve them?"
"I tried talking to you countless times already. It's useless! You just say 'There's nothing wrong, Chaerin'. But you then go around stabbing me in the back!"
Jiyong furrowed his brows, "What the hell are you saying-"

"Okay you two. Shut up okay?" Bom intervened. "We will settle everything in a peaceful manner. As your bestfriends, we love you. But we're tired of you complaining to us about your problems with each other. We've decided we should lend you some help. It was our idea. Please just go along with it."
"Let's start with...Mr. Kwon. What are your problems regarding your wife?" Seungri pulled an authoritative tone and adjusted his fake glasses.

"Nothing" Jiyong answered. "Now can we stop this?"

There was an awkward pause.

Seungri cleared his throat, "We will go back to you, Mr. Kwon. How about you Mrs. Kwon?"
Chaerin glanced at him, "He's avoiding me like plague-"
"That's not true." Jiyong quickly cut her off.
"Can you let me finish?!"
"Mr. Kwon, we gave you a chance to talk a while ago. Now let your wife talk" Seungri crossed his legs.
"Can you stop with the Mr. and Mrs. Kwon thing?" Bom nudged his arm. "Chaerin, go on."

"He's avoiding me. I feel like he'd rather spend his time alone than be with me. He spends way too much time in the company. When he goes home, he doesn't go straight to our bedroom. He goes to our kids' room and ends up sleeping there.
I tried asking him if there was something I did wrong. Because sometimes, I know I'm a bit too naggy. Sometimes I refuse to make love to him"

Seungri let out a small cough. "Please carry on"

"I tried to ask him if there was someone else. He said no."
"Cos there's really no one!" Jiyong defended.
"And now he's lying to me!" Chaerin raised her arms in disbelief.
"Why are you so accusative?!"

Seungri interrupted their forming squabble, "Let's stop with the assumptions, shall we? Mr. Kwon, can you please explain why you're being cold towards your wife recently?"
"Fine. You want me to speak up?" Jiyong sat up. "She's really tiring! I'm so tired!"
"How come?" Bom asked.

"When she was pregnant with Jiwoon, I dedicated my life, my soul, my everything to her. I could not count the times she woke me up in the middle of the night saying 'Jingyoooo~~ buy me spicy chicken. I'm really craving for some' or 'Oppa~~ massage my legs'. For nine whole months, she did not hear a single complaint from me. Now Jiwoon's already five months old she still demands random stuff she could do herself! She's really abusive. I'm human too. I need to take care of myself too!" He said in one breath.
"It's because after I got pregnant with Jiwoon, you don't spend time with me anymore! You started going home late. It's like you forgot you have a wife.
One time, I was just asking you to prepare dinner with me 'cause I thought you wanted to learn how to cook but you were like 'Chaerin can you stop ordering me around? You’re not pregnant anymore'. What was that supposed to mean?"
"Wha-"
"I'm not finished yet! And I could tell you got a bit pissed when I woke you up from the kids' bedroom that one night you slept there. Although you didn't say anything directly to my face, you were muttering gibberish on the way to our bedroom. Is it THAT bad to ask you to sleep in our bedroom?! Is it THAT bad to sleep beside me?!"

"You know why I end up sleeping in the kids' room?’Cause one time when I got home TIRED from work, you kicked me out of bed 'cause I haven’t showered! 'Oppa! Ohmygaaaaad! I just changed the sheets!' Did you seriously think I had the will to shower at THREE in the morning?!"
"Why didn't you complain then?!"
"'Cause I know you will yap at me! I can't stand it anymore. You keep yapping and yapping about small things. I'm sick!"

Silence filled the room. Bom and Seungri moved closer to each other unsure of what to do next.

"Oh, you're sick of me." Chaerin started.
"You know that's not what I meant"
"You're sick of me! You don't cuddle with me anymore, you don't kiss me anymore. You’re sick of me…”

"Can we stop this counselling session? Chae, I think we need to talk about this alone."
"Why? You're guilty now? It's true right? You don't love me anymore, right?" Chaerin's voice trembled as tears started to form in her eyes.
“I just-“ he sighed. “You’re just- annoying me sometimes.”

“Is she not annoying like me?” Chaerin muttered in a hurt tone.

“She?!” Seungri and Bom gasped at the same time.

Jiyong moved his head back in confusion, “Who?”
Chaerin deeply sighed, “I was waiting for you to tell me this yourself. To explain to me why you’ve done it. We’ve been having these constant random fights, so I came to visit you in YG to bring you lunch and to reconcile with you. But.. I saw you locking lips with Sandara. That girl you’re so infatuated with before we got married. I don’t know if you cared enough about me to notice that I haven’t slept lately. It was because of that. I kept thinking of the things I lack, the things I haven't done for you for you to do this to me. Truthfully, I felt so angry and betrayed but I tried to convince myself to keep my faith in you.
But now, Jingyo, I’m slowly losing it. Because the many times I’ve asked you if there was someone else, you kept saying there’s no one.”

"Chae, I kept saying there’s no one because there’s really no one! Okay. It’s true. We kissed but not because I love her. Not because I replaced you for her.  She was venting out about Youngbae and their break-up and I was venting about our massive fight. We just so happened to be there to comfort each other. The next thing I knew  she was already kissing me but I didn't kiss her back. It was a nothing kiss okay-“


He was cut when Chaerin started to sob quietly.
He went to her and gently told her, “Chaerin. I’m telling you the truth. There is nothing between me and Sandara. Nothing. I even helped her reconcile with Youngbae.”
Chaerin nodded and wiped her tears, “Okay. Say, you're telling the truth, say, I believe you... But how come you can reconcile them but you never reconciled us? I feel like I'm the only one making an effort. Tell me honestly...do you still love me?”

Jiyong looked down, “Chae…I don’t know…I’m really confused right now. I think I need to think-“

“That’s all I needed to hear” Chaerin stood up and walked out.

---

"So wait. What happened after that? Did Jiyong run after her? What did they do next?" Seunghyun asked.
“Well hyung – I can call you hyung, right? - they took a break after that.” Seungri answered.
“Then?”
“They didn’t get back together after the break. They simply just…fell out of love completely. Then they just decided who's keeping who between the two babies over there” Bom trailed off in a sad tone while looking at Chaeyoung and Jiwoon who were playing at the playpen.
“Fell out of love completely? Are you sure?! Chaerin still loves that guy!” Seunghyun exclaimed. “I can see the pain in her eyes when she starts talking about him. Oh that silly, silly girl!”
Seungri rubbed his chin, “And I think Jiyong-hyung still loves her. He’s too obvious sometimes”
“If that’s the case then… I think we have to somehow help the two stubborn asses get back together” Seunghyun smirked.

______________________________________


Thank you for reading this! I hope to hear from you. And oh, we're nearing the final chapter guys~

edit: Or not...I guess. LOL