Chapter Five

Rekindle

Pleading

 

"Someone's a not-so-hot mess." Seunghyun remarked as soon as he saw Chaerin who opened the door for him.
"Ah, don't rub it in. I haven't had any sleep. After you left last night, I stayed up to make articles. Now that you're here can you be a darling and make me coffee?"
"Yah, can you still go to the wedding dress fitting tonight?"
"I can, I can don't worry" she dragged herself and plopped down the couch.
 
The doorbell suddenly went off.
 
"Seunghyun? Hear that?" Chaerin smiled sweetly to her fiancé.
Seunghyun slumped his shoulders, "Alright, I'll get it queen Chaerin" 
 
Seunghyun opened the door, "Oh hey. It's Rihanna again"
"Rihanna?" Bom asked confused by the random nickname.
"You know. The red hair?"
"Beyonce, darling. Beyonce. Look at my legs. They're as long as Beyonce's." She smirked as she strutted her way to Chaerin. 
"This woman is something" Seunghyun snickered.
Bom beamed, "Chaerinnie! Woah. Late night last night huh?"
"Yeah. You noticed? Why did you randomly visit?"
"I won't be long. I just forgot to bring these the other day" she lifted up a huge paperbag. "These are the toys I bought from the States for little Jiwoon. Where is he?"
"In his room. He's still asleep. That brat tried staying up with me last night. I'm pretty sure he will be happy."
 
Chaerin's phone suddenly went off.
Her brows raised in surprise upon seeing who the caller was, "H-Hello Jiyong?"
"It's me, omma." Chaeyoung greeted.
Chaerin smiled, "Ah Chaeyoung-ah! How are you?"
"I'm okay! I miss you, omma"
"I miss you too, baby! Why did you call?"
"Appa is ill and I want to ask what I should give him. I don't know what medicine adults take when they're sick"
"Hul. Really? What kind?" Chaerin asked in concern.
"He was feeling ill since yesterday. He told me I passed down my flu to him. But his is worse. He hasn't been out of bed since this morning" Chaeyoung informed.
"Then who else is there with you?"
"No one. I'm taking care of appa. I'm the nurse"
"Wait. You're alone? Have you eaten yet?"
"I had some cereals..." Chaeyoung trailed off.
Chaerin gasped, "That's it?! It's already lunch time. You need a proper meal. Is it okay if I come over? I will bring you food!"
"Really? Is it something you cooked?" Chaeyoung enthusiastically asked.
"Yeah. Wait for me okay? I'll see you shortly"
"Okay omma. See you! Bye!"
 
Chaerin turned to her two friends. "This is quite bothersome but can either one of you look after Jiwoon? I'll just quickly visit Chaeyoung and bring her something to eat. She hasn't had anything yet and Jiyong is ill. I'll be back in time for the dress fitting Seunghyun"
"Ah that's fine sweetheart. Seunghyun-appa will take care of our Jiwoon. Chaeyoung needs taking care of." Seunghyun smiled.
"I will look after little Jiwoon too." Bom assured.
"Thank you so much! When he wakes up, tell him I won't be long."
"Alright" the two chorused.
 
---
 
"Kwon Jiyong, are you okay?" Chaerin touched his forehead. "Oh my god. You're burning." 
She then turned to her daughter, "Chaeyoung. Did you already call another adult?"
"I called uncle Seungri. He's at work. He said he'll try to come over later. Auntie Dami is not answering her phone."
"How about your grandma and grandpa?"
"They're not in Korea right now. They're on vacation"
"Oh no. What do we do? Your appa's fever is really bad but I can't stay long. Has he taken any medications yet?"
"I don't know what to give him. Can you please stay? I really don't know what to do." Chaeyoung brushed her foot on the floor.
 
After contemplating for a while, Chaerin decided it was best if she stayed. She prepared a cold compress. She started wiping his face. She gently wiped his forehead, his cheeks and her eyes landed on his lips. The very lips he used to kiss her, to let her know that he was hers. 
 
But also the very lips that ruined her trust in him.
 
"Chaeyoung-ah. You wipe your dad's neck and the back of his legs with this" She handed her the cloth. "I-i'll just make him porridge"
"Uhm...okay. Are you alright omma?" Chaeyoung asked as she noticed the sudden glum expression on her mother's face.
"I-i'm fine." She curved her lips as she quickly headed out.
 
"Chaerin-ah, you're not affected. You're not affected." She muttered to herself.
 
 
 
---
 
"Jiwoonie, I brought you presents. These are from the States. You can't find these in Korea" Bom smiled as she handed a bag of goodies to her god son.
"Auntie Bommie is the best!" Jiwoon exclaimed as he hugged her.
"I know. I know" she proudly said as she patted the child's back.
 
Seunghyun intervened, "Jiwoon-ah, she's the best? Half of your toys are from me. How can you replace Seunghyun-appa already?"
"Seunghyun-appa is the best!" Jiwoon turned to the tall man whose hands were on his waist and hugged him.
 
Bom shook her head, "This child doesn't have any loyalty. Jiwoon-ah, look what I got you. A remote controlled airplane! Cool right? Cooler than half your toys right? Now who's the best?" She asked the four year old child.

"Auntie Bommie is the best!"
 
Seunghyun glared at the red-head and folded his arms, "Dearie, are you competing with me? Cos I'm telling you now, Jiwoon and I are super close. You don't even stand a chance. He ain't calling me 'appa' for nothing. So run along, run along and don't try coaxing him. He will never waver." he waved his hand shooing her off.
"Who said I'm competing? It's not my fault Jiwoon finds Auntie Bommie better than you after only having met me for a few days. I'm lovable. It can't be helped, DEARIE"
Seunghyun rolled his eyes and huffed, "Better than me? BETTER than ME? Jiwoon-ah, tell me, who's better, Seunghyun-appa or this STRANGER?"
"Yah! I'm his omma's bestfriend! And I'm his godmother. Who are YOU? You're no one. You're irrelevant."
"Hah? Are we seriously talking about 'relevance' here?! I am Chaerin's best bestfriend and Jiwoon's future dad! Go away stranger!"
Jiwoon placed his palms over his ears and yelled, "STOOOOOOOOP!"
 
The two silenced and looked down the ground. 
 
---
Chaerin slowly brought in the porridge she prepared. 
"Chaeyoung-ah, do you know when uncle Seungri is coming over?" she asked her daughter.
"He hasn't called yet. Probably he's still at work."
"I have my fitting for my wedding dress today" she looked at her watch. "Crap, I don't have much time. Seunghyun is gonna pull my hair out"
Chaeyoung suddenly got anxious upon hearing the word 'wedding'. "Omma, please just stay here. I really don't know what to do. Please."
She grabbed her hand and lead her to Jiyong's bed "Just sit there omma. Please just stay there. I'll try calling uncle Seungri"
"Oh...o-okay." Chaerin mindlessly followed her hasty daughter. 
 
Chaerin glanced over at the sleeping Jiyong. She moved towards him and lightly tapped his forearm "Jiyong, you need to eat"
Impulsively, she started cupping his face with her hand. She then settled at the space beside him.
He looked so peaceful and sound.
 "Jingyo. What have you done to me? Why do I feel like coming back to you after you pushed me away? Stop doing this to me. Stop pulling me in back to you. I don't wanna get hurt again" 
 
----
 
Moments later...
Seungri finally finished his work and went straight to check up on his hyung. Chaeyoung opened the door for him.
"Where's hyung? Is he okay? How about you? Have you eaten yet? I brought you some dinner" Seungri asked in concern as he placed a bag of food on the table. "Wait. You've eaten already?" he asked as he saw dirty dishes on the table.
"Shh! Be quiet!" Chaeyoung hushed him.
"Why do I need to shush?" He whispered.
 
Chaeyoung took his hand and showed him to Jiyong's room where her parents were.
His eyes widened at the sight. A woman was sleeping beside his hyung! He gasped, "Woah, is that...?"
"Chaerin-omma" Chaeyoung proudly smiled. 

Seungri patted the little girl's head, "You smart girl! You asked her to come over? Nice one! But you kinda forget to do one minor thing." 
"What is it?" Chaeyoung asked.
Seungri slowly walked in the bedroom. He lifted Chaerin's arm and hovered it over Jiyong. He also lifted Jiyong's arm and placed it over Chaerin's waist. "There! Perfect!"
"Uncle Seungri, they will be angry!" Chaeyoung whispered. 
"I'm pretty sure they will thank us." Seungri winked as they slowly went out of the room. "Now how about we go get some ice cream?"
"Yeah. I want to eat loads. I think we will be back pretty late!" Chaeyoung smirked.
Seungri high-fived her, "Aha. You're getting my drift. Impressive! Let's go!"
 
---
"Miss Park Bom, take a picture. It will last longer" Seunghyun told Bom - who was staring at him - without averting his gaze from Jiwoon. He cradled the little kid in his arms. It was a long day for the child being in the middle of Seunghyun and Bom's 'tug of war'.
 
"Yah. I'm not looking at you because you're hot or anything. I just think you're really strange." She said in a low tone so not to wake Jiwoon up.
"Strange?" He lifted his brow in question. "In what way?"
Bom hesitated, "You know when you carry him like that. You actually look...alright. Who would have thought you have your manly side too?...it's just-"
"Unexpected of me?" 
"Yeah. Yeah. That." 
"Do you like my manly side better?" He teasingly wiggled his brows.
"Your manly side is better than your diva, y side I must say. But I'm not saying I like it. Your manly side is just less annoying"
"I like you" Seunghyun smiled.
"W-what?"
"I like you" he repeated.
Bom furrowed her brows, "I heard you clearly, okay? But..." She stopped for a moment before tilting her head in wonder, "Is it severely broken up there?" She pointed at his head.
Seunghyun snickered, "No. But I really like your straight-forwardness. I now consider you as one of my friends. Be grateful"
Bom pulled a disgusted expression, "Wow. Really. I can't believe you. I don't need your friendship! I'm quite happy with my current set of friends. I don't need to add a weird- man"
Seunghyun smirked at her remark. 
 
He glanced at his watch, "Shoot. We're so late! When is Chaerin coming back?" He muttered.
He then eyed Bom from head to toe. 
"What are you looking at?" Bom squinted her eyes.
"You're not as gifted as Chaerin in the department but I think you two are about the same dress size. Would you like to do some fitting today?"
Bom placed her arms across her chest, "A-Are you a ert? Just because you have girly tendencies doesn't mean you can freely and shamelessly check out bodies of girls particularly their s!"
"I work in the fashion industry. I tend to look at bodies"
"Tch." Bom rolled her eyes.
"So...do you want to try on dresses? I just need to show up you know? It's kinda rude not to show up to the designer. He's quite a busy person. And I think Chaerin's not coming back on time"
"A wedding dress should perfectly fit the bride you know? So why would I try the dresses on?"
"Wait. You're the bridesmaid right? Then try on the bridesmaid dress. Come on, I just need to have someone to wear the dresses. Otherwise, the designer would feel I wasted his time booking an appointment then canceling it last minute. It will be embarrassing."
"But my fitting is not until next week right?"
"Ah so what?! I just need to present someone. Let's just go, Beyonce. I'll treat you to dinner! I know you're hungry. I can hear your stomach grumble all the way from here" He stood up carrying Jiwoon.
Bom paused for a while and scoffed, "I'll choose the restaurant." 
---
 
Chaerin stirred and felt a warm arm over her waist. She quickly opened her eyes and found Jiyong staring straight at her.
 
"M-my fever is really high isn't it?" Jiyong asked.
Chaerin slowly nodded confused by his question, "Yeah...?"
"Then I must hallucinating." He muttered as he moved closer to her. "Even if you're not real...please don't leave me..." He pleaded.
"You're not hallucinating. Chaeyoung told me you were sick and so I came to drop by. I need to go in a minute. I'm late for my dress fi-"
 
He cut her by hugging her tightly. "Don't leave..."
"A-alright. I won't leave until Seungri comes. Do you want to eat?"
Jiyong just tightened his hug, "No. Just stay with me. Please..." 
He kissed her forehead, her cheek and then he slowly kissed her lips.
She pulled away, "Kwon Jiyong. W-what are you doing?"
"I love you, Chaerin. I'm really sure now. I love you. Please, stay with me." He pleaded as he recaptured her lips into a deeper kiss.
 
----
 
@luvone: Cue background music: Hey gorgeous sweet amazing baby, I know you want it baby~ jdsalkjdlsakjdsakjdlhdsah you and me hardcore loool. There. Breathe seems suitable I think. JK :P