Chapter 8

Dara's Diary

Wednesday 6th December

 

Dear Diary,

Sorry for not writing anything yesterday. My stupid brother hid my diary. Anyways where was I.... Ah yes!

 

Let me tell you I have never been given a make over before. Especially to make me look older. An hour into the make over and I think that's when I began to enjoy it. The 3 girls- who's identities I was still oblivious to, were still sitting on the couch behind me. They seem quiet cool, even they look like gang members. They stayed quiet for the beginning of the process but began giving the stylist advice 20minutes into it. I overheard blonde unnie talk about how the concept has to be perfect because its the first time we would be presented to the public. But for what, God knows.

 

The spraying, combing, brushing and pulling carried on for another 2 hours. My face hurt and so did my scalp. The stylists were not pleased. According to them, I belong to a 'larger' species of girls and so they had to make me look slimmer. I totally disagree, I'm slim just not SNSD slim. I didn't actually care, its my body and I loved how I looked. So I didn't understand this whole process.

 

Once I was done, I couldn't even recognise myself. My hair had highlights in them, and was curled in various places, aswell as being held up by pins in different parts of my scalp. My makeup was natural and light except my eyeliner which shouted 'Rebel'. I must say I sort of looked acceptable enough to stand with my 3 unnies. After looking in the mirror for what seemed like forever, I was dragged to the wardrobe department. Which so happened to be opposite my current location. This place was huge. Different styles of jeans, tops and trainers in all colours illuminated the room. The room was an absolute mess but a slightly organised mess. I was ordered to stand still while the stylist decided what I need to wear. After 10minutes of discussing and brainwaves they finally agreed. They made me wear: slim fitted leather jeans accompanied with knee high boots. My top was a tee-shirt not too low cut but not too closed off either, it was acceptable. My jewellery was your typical punk type. By bracelet, necklace and earrings having been designed to look like shark teeth. I must admit, with my hair and outfit I look pretty amazing. I looked in the mirror for some time before I heard someone call my name.

 

Mr.CEO who I now know is called Hyun Suk. He owns YG entertainment. He is the man that has put together amazing artists in the past, and I heard he was putting together a new girl band. They're going to be great, I know it.

'Dara, wow, you look amazing.' Exclaimed Daesung 'you fit right in with these noona's now' he added. I just smiled and looked away.

'Yeah Dara, you're all starting to look like a band now' said Seungri.

'What?' I asked 'what band?'

'21, the girl band we've put you in,' said Mr. Hyun Suk.

'We're 2NE1 now sir, remember? Potential law suit, bla bla bla' Said the fair red haired girl.

'Who's 2NE1 or 21 whatever?' I asked, becoming frustrated that no one was answering me anything.

'We're 2NE1' said the blonde haired girl 'I am Lee Chae-rin but you can call me CL,I'm 22 years old that is Gong Minji AKA Minzy, she's going to be the maknae at 17 but and that Park Bom, she's the leader at 26. And then there's you.' She smiled, 'Park Sandara, 16 years old, but we're going to say your 24 for the sake of the band' I stared at her in awe.

 

*TIME OUT* Diary, you may be wondering why they keep saying I'm sixteen in 2008 when I'm 18 in 2012. The truth is, I lied about my age in concerts and gigs so that they would let me play. Its the only way I could get them to allow me in. Because of the alcohol present, I had to lie to get noticed. They're making me older anyways so why does it matter if they think I'm 2 years older than I actually am. *TIME IN*

'I'm in 2NE1? YG's new girl band? What the...' I exclaimed, only to be interrupted by Taeyang,'didn't JiYong tell you? That's why we went to your school?' He added. All eyes shifted to JiYong at that moment. He shyly let out a brief chuckle showing that the intimidation was working.

'Okay, I never got a chance to tell Dara what was going on' he said, so fast we just managed to understand.

My eyes nearly poped out of my skull. Me, Sandara Park in a girl group. I was stunned into silence. The others must have noticed and tried to liven the atmosphere.

'Ya,' exclaimed Seungri, 'what kind of band has this much of an between the leader and the maknae' he laughed. The others seemed to be puzzled before they understood. 'Ah' said Mr.Hyun Suk 'I've been meaning to explain this' he began 'now that the band is complete, I am formally going to present you to the public.' He paused to ensure everyone was listening. 'Bom-ssi, even tho she is the oldest, won't be the leader' this confused everyone. The oldest was supposed to lead the band, right? 'It will be Chaerin-ssi as it will even out the .' No one said anything because before we knew it, the boys were being dragged off to have their makeup done, ready for the event.

This was the start of my journey. How lucky am I? Little did I know this would turn my world upside down, for all the wrong reasons.

 

I'm soooo sorry I haven't updated before today. I'm really ill and can't think of anything to write. I'm going to try and put up another chapter today. I hope you enjoy and Subscribe to me! Also don't forget to comment. I feel sad when no one comments, like no one likes my story :( Please tell me what you think and whether I should continue!