Say No

Regrets And Mistakes (One-shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tell him no, tell him your heart is still with me

 

“It’s been four months, Dongwoo.” Sunggyu snapped at his friend. Dongwoo was still staring at his phone, caressing the picture he set as wallpaper since day one of their relationship.

He sat there, by the window of their room stiffly. Sunggyu sighed in defeat. He had been a good friend, tolerating with Dongwoo’s breakdown but he had enough. He couldn’t help Dongwoo if he himself was still trapped in the past.

Sunggyu slammed the door shut after he gave in persuading Dongwoo to join him hanging out with their friends. No matter how much he tried, Dongwoo’s answer was a clear no.

His eyes perked up to the sound and he peered over his shoulder. He muttered under his breath, “I know. But I can’t help it, Sunggyu hyung.”

The buzzing sound of his phone snapped him back into reality. He jerked it from the study table and read a text sent from his best buddy, Hoya.

“Can we meet? I need to talk about something.”

He replied a yes and quickly grabbed his jacket to meet him.

 

----

 

“Dongwoo! Here!” Hoya waved his hand as he spotted Dongwoo in his black jacket, stepping inside the cafeteria.

Dongwoo took a seat in front of him, “Something’s wrong?”

Hoya bit his lower lips, and soon took a very very deep breath before spoke up, “Listen, I want to talk about Bomi.”

Upon hearing her name, Dongwoo looked up and met Hoya’s eyes. His heart was clenched tightly since he hadn’t heard her name ever since they broke up four months ago.

None of his friends dare to say her name in front of him and he preferred it that way. He tried too hard to relax himself and it showed.

Hoya noticed how his body flinched when he mentioned her name, how his eyes changed. Silently, he prayed that Dongwoo won’t throw tantrum at him.

“I’ve been assigned as her partner for our literature project since three weeks ago, just so you know.” Hoya clasped his hands together. “Dongwoo, do you still have feelings for her?”

“Why did you ask?” Dongwoo became rather defensive and it somewhat intimidated him a little bit.

“I think I’ve fallen for her, Dongwoo.”

Dongwoo closed his eyes, calming himself. How should he react? Should he pour all of his frustration over him? Or should he force a smile and wish him good luck?

He couldn’t tell Hoya that he was still having sleepless night because of her. He wanted to but his ego told no.

So instead of telling how he actually feel, Dongwoo chose the second option and faked a smile, “Good for you, Hoya. She’s a nice girl.”

Hoya widened his eyes, shocked to hear Dongwoo’s reaction since he expected him to grow angry on him, “S-so, you’re not mad?”

“No. I have no reason to be mad. Bomi and I, we’re done.” He choked. That last part, no matter how true it was, he never really accepted it.

This is the problem when getting attached to someone. When they left, you just felt lost. Dongwoo was no exception.

He stood up, swallowed every sadness and resentment, “Good luck, man.”

Turning around, he was ready to leave but Hoya made him stop.

“I’ll take care of her, Dongwoo. I promise.”

And he swore, friend or not, he felt like killing him that moment. Why would he say those words? It was like reminding him of his failure. As if he failed to secure her heart.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter