In Heaven

Regrets And Mistakes (One-shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I love you, I love you – will you love me again?

 

“Are you ready for the meeting, Mr. Lee?”

I turned around and met my secretary’s eyes. He looked more nervous than I was. The black rimmed glass he always wore dangled at his shirt.

“Yes, Park Hoon. Let’s go.” I straightened my black suit.

We both went into the meeting room and I could see all of the board members were staring at me. Clearing my throat, I motioned Park Hoon to help me with the presentation.

“Hello, I’m Lee Howon and I’ll be explaining about our company’s new project. Let’s begin.” I said out loud, my voice echoed in the room, sounded nervous yet confident.

As I was in the midst of presentation, I glanced at the table. My phone rang and it was from Hayoung. I ignored it since everyone had been so focused to me.

I had a hunch that something was not right with her but I shove it away and continued with my work.

It was a success as everybody got up for a round of applause. I was glad but my mind was occupied with the thought of Hayoung.

And suddenly everything went blurry. I saw Hayoung walked across the road and a white car was coming to her direction.

She stopped and there was a loud bang.

Then, it went blurry again. She was looking at me with her angelic smile that never failed to flush me.

“I’m leaving. I’ll be back very soon, so..” She paused, “I’m not lying, I love you this much.”

A single tear escaped from her eyes as she said, “I love you.”

That was the last thing I saw before I jumped out of my bed. A dream. A real dream. A dream so real that I almost cried in my sleep.

A sigh erupted from my mouth and I rubbed my head roughly. Everything was like an illusion. Our photo in the silver frame stood at my lamp table. Yes, we looked so happy in it.

I wish we could still look like that.

Quickly, I went to the refrigerator and gulped down the milk straight from the bottle. Hayoung used to nag me a lot about this.

That day passed by normally, just like the other days. Nothing special about it except that I found another photo of us from the drawer in my office.

Again, I found myself smiling at the two blissful couple.

 

----

 

A brand new day came and I got up from the bed and began my usual routine. Suddenly, I heard the bell rang so I wiped my mouth and walked to the door.

As I opened it, Hayoung was looking at me with her sweet, alluring smile. Dumbfounded, I widened my eyes.

She seemed disappointed at my reaction as she pouted and pushed my hand away from the door to get in my house.

I still couldn’t believe my eyes; Hayoung was here, right in front of me, unpacking the groceries she bought for me.

Turning to me, she whined cutely, “Ah, why? Did you see a ghost?”

Contented, I ran to her and hugged her tightly. She let out an adorable giggle.

 

----

 

Hayoung waited by the hill with her bike beside her. The wind brushed past her face and her hair swayed to the rhythm of the cool breeze.

I was mesmerized by the view as I pushed my bike with me, headed to her. “Hayoung-ah!” I shouted her name and waved.

She peered over her shoulder and flashed the sweet smile that always ac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter