You Wouldn't Answer My Call

Regrets And Mistakes (One-shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You who won’t answer my calls anymore

 

My phone rang as I kept staring at the two rings. I was so focused on the rings that I didn’t notice until it rang for the second time. Before picking it up, I glanced at the calendar. It was 25th today.

“Hello?” I said in an undertone.

“Do you know I came around your house?” I heard Yookyung’s voice over the phone, slightly disappointed.

I was shocked by her statement. What was she doing there? I wasn’t at home now. It’s dangerous.

“What happened? Why aren’t you talking? Are you hurt?” She blurted questions as I kept silent.

“Sunggyu oppa?”

Stuttering, I replied to her, “I…no…where are you going now?”

“Me?” She chirped, “Don’t refuse, meet me at 3:20! Get it?!”

She hung up without giving chance for me to speak. No. It can’t be. No. I got up on my feet and grabbed my coat. I needed to be fast. I needed to get her before it was too late.

 

----

 

I hang up the phone and beamed. Hearing my boyfriend’s voice was so refreshing. I was about to walk when I noticed someone suspicious behind me. The guy was coming from the opposite direction and gave me a mysterious stare when I talked on the phone just now.

But, I shrugged it off and went to Sunggyu’s room. He gave me a spare key since I always do his laundry. Today was October 25th, marking our third anniversary.

That lazy granpa. He always occupied with his works that he didn’t have time for himself. I reached his room and took a look around. Smiling, I thought about how to decorate this room.

Quickly, I put on headphones and began blowing the balloon. I chose the colour pink. I hoped he won’t throw a fit since he mentioned once that pink is so girly.

Yes, my boyfriend was childish like that but that’s his charm. While I was hanging the balloons and spiral ribbons, I almost forgot about the chocolate cake I baked for him. Carefully, I took it out from the white box and put the plate on a small table.

He liked it when I did something special for him, just as this homemade cake.

 

----

 

I ran through the streets with a heartthrob feeling flowed in my mind. No, I had to hurry or else he would do something to her. I couldn’t let that happen. Not to her. Not to my Yookyung.

As I got to the apartment area, I hastily peeked around. My brain went blank and my feet became restless. I needed to save her. That thought kept flying across my head as I scurried to take the stairs.

Panting, I rushed to the 4th floor. My room. Though the distance between the door of my room and the stair was quite long, I could still see clearly a few man were ducking right in front. There were the police’s yellow tapes wrapped across the door.

Slowly, my brain began processing. Was this really my room? No, this couldn’t be. I was too late?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter