Wedding Dress

Regrets And Mistakes (One-shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

See you in that wedding dress

 

I sat by the piano, already dressed up in my suit. Today was a big day but why was I feeling so down? I needed to be happy, I needed to put the brightest smile for her.

“Woohyun, you’re ready?” Doojun popped at the door and beamed.

“Hyung.” I startled as I saw him. “Urm, yeah, I guess.”

Doojun leaned on the wall, hands in his pockets, and even though I’m a guy, I still think he looked so cool posing like that.

He noticed that I was observing him, so the corner of his lip curved up, “Nervous, huh?”

Shrugging, I had no answer for his question. Frankly, I don’t want to answer that question since to me, it didn’t even make sense.

“Don’t worry.” Doojun continued talking as if it would give me some courage. “She looks so pretty. Insanely beautiful.”

“Y-You went to see her, hyung?” I widened my eyes.

Doojun smiled sheepishly, “It was just a peek. I bet she’ll make your heart flutter as she walks down the aisle, Woohyun-ah.”

I looked down staring the white floor while Doojun kept checking his fingers, clasping them and sometimes bit his nails.

We heard a knock from outside and then exchanged quick glances. His was the nervous yet excited look and I, I was expressionless.

“It almost time. Good luck, Nam Woohyun.” I murmured, got up from the seat and trailed Doojun who was already left the room from behind.

 

----

 

(Flashback)

“Oppa!” She called my name and tickled me from behind. I felt goosebumps all over my body as her hair brushed my neck.

“Chorong! Stop it.” I warned her jokingly as I spun my body around to meet her face. She wore that sweet smile and stuck her tongue out.

“Mehrong!”

“I’ll pay you back next time, Chorong-ah.” I wrapped my hand around her shoulder and dragged her to the white bench near our campus building.

She snorted, as we sat down, “Yeah, right. You and what trick?”

I ruffled her hair and pushed her head down, earning a squeak erupted from , “Oppa!” I smiled cheekily as she brought her head up, glaring at me.

“That trick. It worked, baby girl.”

“Euuww, oppa, stop calling me that. I’m a big girl now.” Chorong made a sullen face.

I shook my head, the corner of my lips tilted up, “I won’t stop, ‘cause to me, you’re still a baby girl. Plus, it’s cute, right?”

“Yeah, like a million years ago when we were still kids!” She scoffed, her eyes furrowed. I always loved to see her angry face. She looked so cute I just want to squish her.

I ignored her much to her dismay since that way, she would stop babbling. “Oppa, why haven’t you date girls until now?” She suddenly asked me with a very serious tone.

Raising my eye brow, I stared at her, a bit shocked to hear that kind of question. She saw my reaction so she began explaining, “I mean, you’re like every girl’s dream guy, oppa. You’re smart, a great singer, an amazing dancer and you’re handsome. I don’t-“

“Say that last part again.” I cut her words, grinning widely.

“I’m serious!” Chorong hit my shoulder before continuing, “I just don’t get it why’d you prefer being single. If it was me, I’ll totally say yes to all of my fans. Too bad, I have none.”

I ponder on her words until an idea popped in my head. Peering to my right, I said to her, “How about this, if by 30, you aren’t married yet, we totally should become husband and wife, don’t you think?”

“30? Really? You really thought I’ll be single until 30?”

“Erm, 35?” I grinned again only to receive another slap from her. Only this time, it was on my thigh.

“25 sound better to me.” She muttered under her breath, loud enough for me to hear.

“25 it is.” Quickly, I got up and bent on my knees, facing her, “Park Chorong, will you be my backup wife?”

She giggled, “You need a ring to do it, Nam Woohyun-sshi. But yes, I would love to.”

I pulled her in my embrace and lifted her up. We spun around, laughter was in the air. And I swore, it was the best day of my life.

 

----

 

Guests started to fill the church and I quickly stood beside the priest and Doojun. I gawked at him and he gave me a thumb up.

Smile.

The wedding march was echoing in the church and all eyes were on the door. Slowly, the bridesmaids made their way inside one by one. They were wearing pink dresses, Chorong’s trademark colour.

Abruptly, I could feel my heart beat rapidly, cold blood ran down my veins and my hands tre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter