Chapter Two

Only One Person

Flashback

Hongki groaned, swatting at the finger that was poking between his ribs so insistently. "Hyung, it's too early." Hongki had temporarily moved in with Heechul, having to leave student accommodation now that he had graduated, and not yet finding an apartment that fitted his exact standards.

"First day of work, Hongki." Heechul reminded, "plus I want my couch back."

Hongki groaned, wanting to do nothing but settle into the pillows and pull the duvet further over his head.

"Hurry, you'll be late. Food is in the kitchen." Heechul announced, grabbing his sunglasses and leather jacket. "I have work, lots of new students wanting to earn quick money."

Hongki spared a thought for his best friend, still working to recruit hapless students into ography. He stretched his arms above his head, forcing himself to sit up and face the day. After all, this was his new start, legitimate work that would one day make him famous in the entertainment business for all the right reasons. Hongki grinned, springing up from the couch and dancing over to the small bathroom.

 

~###~


"Hello, I'm Lee Hongki. Today is my first day." Hongki bowed to the receptionist at the Warner Music office in Seoul.

"Trainee's go to room 112, take the elevator to the next floor." She said without looking at him, focused on painting her fingernails a bright shade of red.

"I'm not a trainee." Hongki explained. "I'm a composer."

"Room 112." The receptionist repeated, gaze never leaving her fingernails, and Hongki wasn't sure that she had heard a single word he had said.

Sighing, Hongki walked over to the elevators, pushing the button to call the elevator.

 

~###~


"Hello, I'm Lee Hongki." Hongki bowed as he stepped into room 112.

"You are not on the list."

Hongki glanced up at the somewhat familiar voice, it was Kim Jongwoon, one of the men that had recruited him. "I know, it's my first day as a writer and composer, the receptionist told me to come here." Hongki's voice trailed to a mumble at the end, the trainee's turning to look at him, one even laughed under his breath.

"Conference room. Turn left when you leave this room, and keep walking to the end."

"Thank you." Hongki bowed again as he left, and was glad that the room was just trainees that he wouldn't be working with for a few years.

 

~###~


"Lee Hongki, I presume."

Hongki bowed, "sorry I am late, I was told to report to room 112."

One of the men sighed, "that Cha Hye Mi. I've disciplined her too many times, she'll have to go."

Hongki felt a pang of regret for the unhelpful receptionist, before pushing the thought from his mind. After all, it was her own fault for being preoccupied with her nails.

"Hongki, take a seat."

Hongki nodded before sitting in the remaining seat around the conference room table.

The light brown haired man spoke again, "I am Park Jungsu, I'm sure you remember me from the day of your performance."

Hongki nodded, "yes, sir."

"I'll be your manager." He motioned to the left of him. "This is Cho Kyuhyun, head composer, and songwriter. You'll be working with him this week, whilst you familiarise yourself with the role. Once you're ready, you'll receive projects of your own to work on. It'll be mainly songs for debuting artists, until you become established." Jungsu motioned to the right of him. "This is Choi Siwon, president of Warner Music Korea."

Hongki bowed to each of the men as he was introduced to them. "Please take care of me."

"I'll take you to the office." Kyuhyun stood, indicating for Hongki to do the same.

Hongki stood, bowing again to each of the men as he left.

 

~###~


"It's a shared office." Kyuhyun explained, pulling open the door and holding it open so that Hongki could enter the room.

"Thank you, sunbaenim."

"What is your instrument of choice?" Kyuhyun asked.

"The piano, but I have been known to play the drums and guitar." Hongki answered, glancing around the room. He noticed that there were four desks, and the space around them was littered with an assortment of instruments.

"We'll have to get a keyboard out of storage." Kyuhyun muttered, half to himself, before leading Hongki to a desk. "This is your desk. The laptop is for company use only, preinstalled with all the software you'll require. If you need anything, my office is just next door." Kyuhyun smiled.

"Thank you." Hongki bowed his head slightly, before placing his bag under his desk. He watched as Kyuhyun left the room before he sat at his desk, taking a longer look around the room, realising that he was the only one there. "Let's get started."

 



Short chapter is short.

Yet more SuJu members.

Seriously, it took me way to long to pick a picture for Siwon. Choi Siwon, why are you so good looking?? And yet, still not my bias...

 



Character Reference Pictures

Kim Heechul. Hongki's best friend.
 

Kim Jongwoon. Manager of Trainee's at Warner Music.
 

Cho Kyuhyun. Senior composer and songwriter.
 

Choi Siwon. President of Warner Music.