Seven

Only One Person

Flashback

Hongki groaned, shifting in his seat as he tried to focus on the lyrics in front of him, trying to fit a melody that would still convey the meaning of the words, yet still be catchy enough to cement the debuting band's name in people's head. He pressed a random note on the keyboard, hearing the note resound loudly though his headphones, doing nothing to inspire. Hongki sighed, taking the headphones from his head, catching the attention of Kyuhyun. "I'm going to grab a coffee, I can't concentrate." He explained, grabbing his wallet and coat before leaving the office.


~###~


"Where's Jonghun?" Hongki asked as he stepped inside the cafe, welcoming the warmth of the building after his short walk in the cold February air. He recognised that the woman behind the counter was Jonghun's manager.

"He had an important phone call. What can I get for you, Hongki?" She asked.

"Americano to go." Hongki said distractedly, looking around the cafe for any sight of Jonghun.

"He's out the back." The manager said, before collecting Hongki's payment. "He should be done soon, I'll let him take his break while you're around."

"Thanks." Hongki said, bowing his head to the older woman, before moving to the collection area.


~###~


"Okay, goodbye." Jonghun said sullenly, bowing his head even though the person on the other end of the call could not see him. His feet automatically carried him back into the front of the cafe, pushing his phone into his jeans pocket as he went.

"Jonghun, you look terrible." His manager said as he returned. "Go take your break."

"I just took it." Jonghun answered, motioning to the back room doors.

"He's been waiting a while for you." The manager said before giving Jonghun a small smile.

Jonghun looked around the room, finally spotting Hongki sat at one of the tables near to the door, a worried look on his face as he stared at his takeaway cup of coffee. Jonghun quickly made his way over to the table, wanting nothing more than to spend time with his boyfriend. "Hey."

Hongki looked up as he heard the familiar voice, "baby, are you okay? You don't look good."

Jonghun nodded as he took the seat opposite Hongki. "I just had a telephone call, that's all."

"Was it another company?" Hongki asked in a low tone, unsure if Jonghun's manager knew that he was looking for another job.

Jonghun shook his head from side to side. "It was housing." He reached across the table, linking his fingers with Hongki's. "They told me that I need to move out. I could only stay in the dorm while I was a student, and even though I applied to do my Masters, because I didn't submit a plan and the course fees yet, I was removed from the course."

"Couldn't they give you more time?" Hongki asked, gently squeezing Jonghun's hand in reassurance.

Jonghun shook his head again. "They gave me six months. Six months to find a related job for the research aspect the course, six months to write the plan, and I wasn't able to do it."

"So." Hongki dreaded his next words. "What happens now?"

"I move back to my parents." Jonghun said quietly, the words neither of them wanted to hear. "My father said that my uncle has a position for me in his company."

"Where do your parents live?" Hongki asked, hopeful that it wasn't too far away.

"Busan."

"Busan?" Hongki repeated, eyes widening. "That's the other end of the country."

"I'm sorry." Jonghun said, his eyes seeking Hongki's. "I have to leave by the end of the week."

"Move in with me." Hongki said firmly.

"What?"

"Move in with me, I'm not going to let you go to Busan, I need you here with me." Hongki explained. "My apartment is big enough, and it's not like we haven't shared a bed before. Plus, my landlord doesn't really mind, as long as I pay him on time."

"I can't afford to." Jonghun admitted. "I work in a cafe, even half of the rent of an apartment in your building is too much."

"Who said about you paying?" Hongki lifted Jonghun's left hand to his mouth and kissed the silver band around his fourth finger. "This says forever, and I mean it. It's my apartment, my name on the lease. I'm not asking you to pay half the rent, just stay with me. Cook and clean if it makes you feel better."

"Hongki-"

"When you do get a new job, if it pays enough, then you can start contributing to the rent. What's the point in moving, only to have to move back if one of the companies you applied for is interested and offers you a position? It makes more sense for you to stay here, with me."

"Thank you." Jonghun said once Hongki had finished speaking, leaning forward and pressing a soft kiss to Hongki's lips. "Thank you so much."

"Forever, Choi Jonghun." Hongki reminded.


~###~


Packing Jonghun's room took more time than either of them expected. Although Jonghun was generally organised, and kept items in order, Hongki was a distraction. He would press kisses to Jonghun's head whilst he was in the middle of packing books into boxes, wrap his arms around Jonghun's mid section while he was dusting, and sneak his hands into the pockets of Jonghun's jeans, distracting until he was buried to the hilt in Jonghun's tight heat, the careful packing thrown from the bed as they moved.

"Hongki, don't come around tomorrow night." Jonghun muttered as he brushed a sweaty piece of hair from his boyfriend's face.

"Why?" Hongki pouted.

"Because I have to move out in two days, and you're too much of a distraction." Jonghun explained.

"A welcome distraction?" Hongki questioned.

"A not-at-all welcome, but entirely y distraction." Jonghun answered, reaching across Hongki to switch off the dorm room's lights before resuming their activities.


~###~


"Is that the last one?" Hongki asked, as Jonghun placed the last box into the back of Heechul's car (Hongki had begged and pleaded with the older man until he had agreed to let Hongki use it for the day).

"Yeah." Jonghun answered, closing the car trunk, and stepping around to Hongki. "I can't believe I'm leaving here."

"Leaving to go somewhere far better." Hongki commented, taking Jonghun's hand in his and giving it a quick squeeze. "Forever?"

"Forever." Jonghun smiled, taking the dorm keys from his pocket and holding them in Hongki's face. "I'm going to go and take these to the housing office."

"I'll be waiting." Hongki mirrored Jonghun's smile, watching as the younger walked away from him.


~###~


"Baby, are you home?" Hongki called out as he entered the apartment.

"Kitchen." Jonghun called. "Did you have a good day?"

Hongki smiled, kicking his shoes from his feet and sliding them to the side. It was the first time that Hongki was coming home to Jonghun. "All the better for coming back to you." Hongki said, stepping the short distance from the door to the kitchen, smile widening as he spotted Jonghun in the kitchen, apron tied around his waist as he cooked. "Are you cooking for me?" Hongki asked.

Jonghun almost dropped the spoon he was holding into the kimchi stew as felt Hongki's arms wrap around him. "It's just kimchi stew and rice."

Hongki tightened his grip around Jonghun, his nose burrowing into the younger's neck. "I love you." He murmured, not noticing his words, or the significance behind them.

"W-what?" Jonghun asked, the spoon dropping from his hand into the stew.

"Hmm?" Hongki questioned.

"Say it again." Jonghun requested, turning so that he was facing Hongki, his finger tips pressed against Hongki's cheeks, the smooth skin.

"Say what?" Hongki asked, eyes meeting Jonghun's briefly, before Jonghun broke the contact, looking downwards.

"You didn't mean it?" Jonghun whispered, breaking from Hongki's embrace, turning back to the kimchi stew and picking out the spoon, stirring the mixture before taking it off the heat.

"Baby? What's wrong?" Hongki asked again, placing his hand on Jonghun's shoulder, only to have him shrug it off.

"Nothing. It's me being stupid." Jonghun answered, eyes blinking quickly as he tried to stop the tears that had gathered from falling.

"No, it's not nothing." Hongki turned Jonghun, seeing the tears spilling down his cheeks. "This isn't nothing." Hongki brought his hands to Jonghun's cheeks, wiping at the tears.

"You shouldn't say things you don't mean." Jonghun said quickly, "and then deny saying anything."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Hongki said, confusion written on his face.

"You said you love me!" Jonghun said, his voice raising, "I heard you, and then you denied it."

"I didn't realise." Hongki admitted, "I didn't realise what I said." He smoothed his fingers over Jonghun's cheeks. "But, just because I didn't realise, doesn't mean that I don't mean it. Jonghun," Hongki paused as he caught Jonghun's gaze, their eyes locking, "I love you. So much. I didn't tell you, because I've been trying to find the words to explain, but there are none, because it's so much more than words." Hongki smiled as he pressed a kiss to Jonghun's temple. "You're the first thing I think about in the morning, the last thing I think about at night, you run through my mind all day. Don't ever think that I don't love you."

Jonghun's arms moved of their own accord, wrapping around Hongki's neck as he felt his legs go weak from Hongki's words. "I love you too. I love you so much, Hongki."


 




Jonghun's parents probably don't live in Busan, seen as though he was born in Seoul.

This was incredibly sappy, and fluffy, and I now feel the need to write a to clear my head of the clouds and bubbles inhabiting it.