Twelve

Only One Person

Yonghwa was pissed off. There were no other words for the way he felt. Not only had he been called into a meeting with his manager, but when he arrived in the meeting room, Manager Park and President Choi were there waiting. He had been yelled at by all three males, who told him that his behaviour was not acceptable and that if it were to happen again his own contract would be terminated.

The evidence he had against Hongki was worthless, a waste of memory on his laptop and mobile phone. He couldn't use it to get Hongki fired, and even if he was to leak the information to the press, it would be stopped before it hit the news stands. Yonghwa huffed before he realised where he was, his body had automatically brought him to the recording studio where he had worked with Hongki. Yonghwa had been banned from working closely with Hongki, his schedule returning to photo shoots, appearances on variety shows and MCing on a popular music show.

"Why are you here?"

Yonghwa turned when he heard Hongki's familiar voice, the younger of the two wearing glasses and carrying a pad of manuscript paper.

"I suppose you're happy." Yonghwa said bitterly.

"I thought you were a nice guy." Hongki said, looking down to the ground. "But it turns out that you're only interested in yourself. Did you bring me on board to work on the album because you like me? Or were you telling the truth?"

"I meant every word I said." Yonghwa said, hands curling into fists at his side due to anger. "I don't lie."

"No, you're far worse. You take people's darkest secrets and hold them against them until you get what you want. You blackmail people and make them feel guilty about their past." Hongki said, finally making eye contact with the idol. "I could have forgiven a lie, I could have looked past it and we could have remained friends. But I can't forgive what you did."

Yonghwa scoffed, running a hand through his hair, "don't act all high and mighty, you're not better than anyone else here."

"I know I'm not, but I can at least apologise for my actions." Hongki said, before brushing past Yonghwa into the recording studio, locking the door behind him.


~###~


"Hyung, is it true?" Minhyuk asked as Yonghwa entered the dorm that night.

"Is what true?" Yonghwa asked, wanting to do nothing more than to sit on the couch with a bottle of alcohol.

"Apparently we have a free schedule tomorrow." Jungshin informed the leader, passing his laptop to Yonghwa so that he could read the email containing their schedule for the next few days.

"It says so." Yonghwa said, scanning the text quickly.

"Can we go out drinking?" Minhyuk asked, giving Yonghwa a large dose of his aegyo. "Jokwon-sunbae told me about a bar he and the other members of 2AM frequent. We should go."

"I'll speak to manager-hyung." Yonghwa said, slipping his phone from his pocket and dialling the familiar number.


~###~


"Genie's Lamp." Yonghwa read the English words about the entrance to the bar, having been given permission from his manager.

"This is the place!" Minhyuk said excitely, tugging on Yonghwa's arm, "lets go in."

Yonghwa got tugged into the dimly lit bar by an overly excited Minhyuk, Jungshin and Jonghyun followed at a more sedate pace, looking around the bar.

"I don't know why he would come here." Jungshin commented, "it's dark and has a weird feeling about it."

"I think that's why he comes here." Jonghyun said with a chuckle, pointing past Jungshin towards a small stage area, nine ladies appearing on the stage as music filled the room.

"Lets drink!" Minhyuk announced, eyes trained on the stage, watching the women dance.

"I'll go to the bar, it doesn't look like this place would have waiters." Jonghyun said, "you guys find a table."

Yonghwa nodded, wrapping an arm around Minhyuk's shoulders and guiding him towards a table, hoping that sitting him down would calm him.

"Hyung! They're pretty!" Minhyuk said dreamily as Yonghwa slid into the booth beside Minhyuk.

"Yes they are." Yonghwa said distractedly, "I can't believe they only have a pianist, they should have a band, or at least properly produced tracks."

"Hyung, only you could come to a place like this and worry about the music." Jungshin said with a smile, teasing the older man, his attention focusing from the table to the pianist. "Oh. That's Jonghun-sunbae."

"Jonghun?" Yonghwa asked. "He looks familiar."

"He went to our school, in your year. He studied digital music too so we had some lectures together due to small class sizes." Jungshin explained.

"He's dating Hongki." Minhyuk added, "Hongki showed us a picture of him a while ago."

"Why would he be working here? I thought he had a good paid job already." Jungshin mused. "He used to work for the same company as Hongki, that's part of how they met."

"Drinks!" Minhyuk called out as Jonghyun returned to the table, arms full with glasses and bottles of alcohol.

Yonghwa replayed Jungshin's words as Minhyuk busied himself with the glasses Jonghyun had deposited. 'He used to work for the same company as Hongki'. If it was true, then Jonghun used to be a star. A star, that was now working in a strip club. Yonghwa felt himself smirk.

"Hyung! Are you happy to have a day off too?" Minhyuk asked, giving Yonghwa a dazzling smile.

"I just found out something interesting." Yonghwa answered, accepting a drink. "The day off is an added bonus."


~###~


The next day Yonghwa found himself walking through the corridors of Warner Music, the familiar corridor that lead to the junior composers office. Yonghwa had already been to the recording studio searching for Hongki, only to find that he wasn't there.

"Yonghwa, you're here again."

Yonghwa looked up as he saw the same female he had asked for directions last time. "Yes." He answered, bowing his head before resuming his journey. He soon found himself outside Hongki's office, hesitating slightly. Should he really tell Hongki, or should he wait for Hongki to find out about Jonghun on his own.

The previous night, once he had helped Jungshin and Jonghyun put a very drunk Minhyuk to bed, he had returned to the FNC website, looking for evidence that Jonghun had worked for them, and once again he wasn't disappointed. Although there wasn't a full video on the internet of him, there were clips that were incriminating enough, including a trailer of him with Hongki, kissing passionately and in various states of undress.

Yonghwa shook his head, removing the thoughts that were telling him to hold back. He needed to use the information now. He was almost positive that Hongki didn't know where Jonghun worked. Raising a hand, Yonghwa knocked on the door of the office, before pushing the door open. "Hongki?"