Sixteen [Final]

Only One Person

Hongki grinned as L.O.V.E. Girl was announced on the radio station that was playing in the office, the opening riff filling the space before Hongki switched off the device, switching his attention once again to his keyboard, playing the notes he had handwritten on his trusty manuscript paper. C.N. Blue's first studio album, First Step, had been extremely popular and had become the quickest selling album of the year so far, and the band were currently promoting their second single from the album. Hongki still saw the members around the Warner Music building, choosing to ignore the leader who had caused so much trouble for him.

"Are you ready for the run through?"

Hongki looked up at the words, his manager, Park Jungsu, stood in the doorway. Hongki nodded, leaving his keyboard and carefully locking the manuscript paper in his desk drawer. "I'm ready."

"Hopefully we'll be able to get a decent demo version to send up to the creative department, so they can start on putting ideas together for the music video." Jungsu commented, leading Hongki towards the recording studios. "The band are already in place, just waiting on the tardy singer."

"Sorry." Hongki muttered, "I got lost in composing."

"You're a singer now Hongki, focus on that first, composing second. We can always get a composer to provide you with songs." Jungsu reprimanded, placing a hand between Hongki's shoulder blades and pushing him into the recording booth.

Choi Siwon had stayed true to his word, changing the terms of Hongki's contract. Hongki was now signed to Warner Music as an idol, in the process of recording his first single. Hongki had insisted that he only release his own songs, and to his surprise, President Choi had agreed. FNC had removed all sign of Hongki from the website, and had signed over all rights of his videos to Warner Music, who had recalled distribution of any of his DVDs, taking legal action against anyone still selling or streaming the movies.

Hongki carefully slipped the headphones over his ears, moving infront of the microphone and giving a thumbs up to Jungsu, indicating that he was ready. He turned slightly to the right, giving a grin to the handsome guitarist who was poised and ready to play - his boyfriend. It hadn't taken much for President Choi to employ Jonghun as a session musician, Hongki had recorded Jonghun playing on his phone and played it to the president of Warner Music, the quality was grainy, but it was enough for a contract to be drawn up almost immediately. Getting Jonghun to agree to sign the contract had been the hard work, the younger male was vehement that he didn't want to be employed on the basis of his connection to Hongki. However, once Hongki had explained that his president had no idea that they were more friends, Jonghun relented.

As for Jonghun, he was still working in the cafe whenever his schedule allowed, usually keeping an eye on the red-headed waiter Hyukjae, making sure he was working and not flirting with the customers. Jonghun also kept his job at the club, after convincing Hongki that he really did want to work there, and that he really did love playing piano in the seedy atmosphere. Hongki had insisted on working with Jonghun to properly produce the tracks that the girls performed to, even inviting them into Warner Music and using the studio to record their backing vocals.

"That was perfect, Hongki!" Jungsu called through the speakers in the recording booth, causing Hongki to grin, removing the headphones and stepping out of the small room. "We'll send it straight up to the creative department." Jungsu explained, handing the disc to his assistant who promptly left the room. "You have a clear schedule for this afternoon. Get out of the office for a while."

Hongki nodded, turning to Jonghun, "are you working today, baby?"

"Not until later." Jonghun answered, a blush on his cheeks at the use of the affectionate term in front of the other musicians.

"Excellent, lets get coffee." Hongki said with a grin, holding his hand out to Jonghun, who carefully interlinked their fingers, allowing himself to be led through the building.


~###~


"I thought we were getting coffee." Jonghun muttered as Hongki led him to their apartment.

"We can get coffee later." Hongki said with a grin before pressing his lips to Jonghun's in a brief kiss before turning his focus to the numerical pad that would allow them entrance.

"Did you bring us home just because you're ?" Jonghun asked, his voice laced with amusement.

"You have no idea how y you are when you play." Hongki said as way of explanation, pushing Jonghun through the threshold of their apartment and kicking the door closed behind them.

"Probably about as y as you when you sing." Jonghun answered with a smile, "the only difference is that I am far better at controlling my hormones."

"Smart arse." Hongki huffed, wrapping his arms around Jonghun's waist, pulling their bodies flush. "Luckily for you, I love your arse."

Jonghun chuckled, resting his arms on Hongki's shoulders, fingers playing with the slightly too long hair at the nape of Hongki's neck. "I love you too."

"Bedroom?" Hongki asked, pressing a series of kisses along Jonghun's jaw.

Jonghun hummed in agreement, "unless you wanna take me on the couch and scare the neighbours again."

Hongki laughed as he released his grip on Jonghun, linking their fingers once again and leading him to the bedroom.


~###~


"I want to spend every moment of my life like this." Hongki said with a soft sigh, forehead resting against Jonghun's sweaty shoulder.

"What about work?" Jonghun asked, his finger tracing a non-descript pattern on Hongki's back.

"I could phone them and record via the phone." Hongki announced with a chuckle.

Jonghun pressed a soft kiss to Hongki's forehead, a smile on his lips at his boyfriend's daft idea. "I love you, so much Hongki."

"I love you too baby." Hongki said softly, shifting to kiss Jonghun briefly. "You're the only one for me, the only one person I want to spend the rest of my life with."

"Me too." Jonghun agreed.

"Well, except for the kids."

 



That's it you guys! It's all over for now.

I will be posting a special chapter soon, a special request :)

Thanks for sticking with me and seeing this to the end. I hope that you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.


I have left this open for another spin off, comment and let me know if you are interested in reading more of my tripe Jongki :D