Stop This Nonsense {Jonghyun}

Memoirs

 

Not everybody is lucky enough to found their one true love. They may get married, have children and die but never have the chance to found their one true soul mate. But I am different from the others. I’ve found my other half. I’ve found her.
 
 
*****
 
 
She walked slowly towards me. Her beauty radiates from herself, brightens everybody around her. 
 
With each step she took, my heart beats faster. I can’t stop staring at her. She catches my eyes, and smiled back brightly.
 
She stood there before me, looking at me with those bright sparkling eyes, smiling.
 
“Thank you.” She mumbled.
 
I smiled, nodding my head. “You look beautiful.” I mouthed that sentence.
 
“I know.” She mouthed back with a teasing smile and turned away from me, facing yet another guy at the altar.
 
I felt my heart shattered into few broken pieces. I plastered this fake smile when I saw her stared longingly into the other eyes. I tried to clap happily when I saw they said “I do” to each other. I’m the ing maid of honour, stands here faking everything seeing my soul mate marries someone else. “Goodbye ChungAe.” I cried inwardly.
 
 
*****
 
 
She’s my best friend, she’s my partner in crime, and she’s my soul mate. She is everything to me. I always thought that we’ll be together. Well, that is until she introduced her boyfriend to me. He’s handsome, he’s clever, he’s better than me.
 
“So, what do you think about him?” she asked me with a smile plastered on her face. She must be happy that she finally found her other half.
 
“He’s ok.” I forced a smile. “How did you meet him? When did you meet him? For how long have you been dating?” I asked nonstop. I tried to act like I’m curious although I really don’t give a damn about their relationship.
 
“Whoa, calm down buddy.” She laughed cheerily. “It has been a year. I met him at a medical convection. He is a doctor.” She explained cautiously, afraid that I’ll burst out for hiding their relationship for quite some time.
 
“One year? It has been one year and you just tell me now?” hell yeah I was furious. “You got some explaining to do, lady.” I crossed my arms, staring intensely at her.
 
“I’m sorry?” she fidgets. But when I didn’t response, she started to explain slowly.
 
“Well, at first I’m not sure about our relationship. At first, I didn’t think the relationship is going to work out. So that is why I kept quiet about it.” She squirmed in her seat.
 
“At least you should have told me sooner.” I grumbled.
 
“I’m sorry Jonghyun. Please?” she begged. 
 
“Promise me that you’ll never leave me.” I said, extending my pinky finger playfully.
 
“You are my best friend. How could I leave you?” 
 
“You already did.” I mumbled softly.
 
“What did you say?” she asked, and I shook my head curtly. 
 
“Nothing.” I said while smiling at her. “Anyway, you’re forgiven.”
 
She clapped her hands happily. “So now that you’ve forgive me, can I make a request?”
 
“What?”
 
“Can you be my maid of honour?”
 
 
*****
 
 
“I Bae Shin Il, take you, Song ChungAe, to be my wife. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all the days of my life.” He smiled brightly clearly happy that the woman in front of him will officially be his.
 
“I Song ChungAe, take you, Bae Shin Il, to be my husband. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all the days of my life.” Tears b in her eyes. 
 
“I now pronounced you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” And the hall was filled with people clapping and shouting congratulations.
 
From the side, I smiled, holding my tears from forming. I whispered congratulation to them while they shared a kiss.
 
Suddenly I felt a vibration under my feet. “Ok, this is weird.” I thought to myself. I look around and I knew from their shock and confused face that they felt it too.
 
They started to whisper loudly, looking around with a scared face. Another vibration occurred, and they ran outside. Some of them were screaming loudly, blindly pushing everyone out of their way.
 
I looked at ChungAe, and she was holding tightly her husband’s hand looking startled.
 
“Hey guys. I think we should get out of here FAST!” they both nodded but before we can do anything, the building shook tremendously and pieces of the ceiling starts to fall down.
 
Huge pieces of the building fell down between us, separating ChungAe and her husband.
 
“ChungAe!” I can hear Shin Il screaming for her. I was thrown few metres back due to the impact. ChungAe was nowhere to be seen.
 
“ChungAe!” I yelled, searching for her behind that debris. And from a distance, I saw her body sprawled on the cold hard floor.
 
“ChunAe, are you ok?” I yelled as I shook her body hard, trying to wake her up.
 
Slowly, she opens her eyes. What happen?” she asked, trying to get up.
 
I helped her by grabbing on her shoulder tightly. “I think an earthquake just occurs.”
 
She nodded weakly. When she managed to stand up, she looks around, panicking. “Where is Shin Il?”
 
“I think he’s stuck on the other side of the building. I heard his voice just now.”
 
“Shin Il! Shin Il, where are you?” she yelled at the other side of the debris. She tried to remove the fallen pieces of the building, but failed miserably. Then another voice was heard behind the fallen pieces.
 
“Are you ok ChungAe? Who are you with?” his voice sounds unclear behind those wall.
 
“I’m ok. Jonghyun’s with me. Are you ok sweetheart?” she asked back worriedly.
 
“I am. You shouldn’t worr----“he barely managed to finish his sentence when another earthquake shook the building.
 
“ChungAe, you should take cover. Jonghyun, I trust you!” Shin Il yelled through the thunderous sound of collapsing building.
 
I nodded curtly, knowing what to do and quickly pulling ChunAe’s hands towards safety. But she hesitates, not wanting to part from her husband, but I pull her nevertheless. “Your safety is the most important thing now. I’m sure Shin Il can take care of himself.” I said assuringly.
 
She finally gave up and followed my lead. I looked around, trying to search for a place that can shield us, but there was none.
 
“Quick!” I pulled her hand and pushed her towards the corner. She crouched, pulling her knees closely towards her own body while I towered above her. I may not be tall, but ChungAe is a petite woman. I can easily cover her body using my own.
 
“What are you doing?” she asked confusedly while looking questioningly at me.
 
“What does it looks like? You need to be safe. Shin Il had put his trust on me.” I simply said, my palms leaned against the wall trying to shield her from any fallen pieces.
 
“That’s bull Jonghyun. You don’t need to be a stupid hero right now.” She tried to get up but I pushed her back down.
 
“Jonghyun!” she yelled, angry at my action.
 
“I shook my head vigorously. “Sit down and be quiet dummy.”
 
“Jonghyun, you shouldn’t do this. You don’t have to sacrifice yourself for my stupid life.” She said, closed to tears. She didn’t want anyone to sacrifice themselves for her stupidly, especially not her own best friend.
 
“You ARE important to me. Now can you please shut up and be quiet?”
 
“Jonghyun, get away from me. You should live. You haven’t met your love yet. I don’t want my best friend to die not knowing about love. I don’t want you to die as a forever alone guy.” Amidst all these, she managed to crack a joke. I smiled a bit. This girl will never change.
 
“I’ve found her.” I mumbled, not looking her in the eyes.
 
“You have? Who?” she seemed hurt that I never tell her about this.
 
“You.” I said, still avoiding her gaze.
 
“Wh—what?” she stuttered, not believing her ears.
 
I took a huge deep breath, and this time I look directly into her eyes. They were light brown. “I love you, Song ChungAe. I love you since I laid my eyes on you.” I felt relieved instantly. This secret burdens have been haunting me for the past years since I’ve known her. And now, she knows.
 
I looked at her, and I can see drops of tears are flowing down her smooth soft cheeks. A piece of the ceiling fell and hit me hard on the back. I winced in pain but still manage to crack a smile.
 
“You should be smiling and be happy if someone confess their love towards you, not crying.” I laughed bitterly, trying to cover up my pain.
 
She shook her head and tries to get up again but I pushed her back down forcefully.
 
"Stay there." I almost yelled at her when she tried to push me away.
 
She looked at me with her round brown eyes, begging me not to do this.
 
"Just stay there." I whispered softly. I closed my eyes tightly, as I prepared for the worst.
 
 
*****
 
 
I kiss your smooth marble headstone, tears flowing down my cheeks.
 
“I love you..” I said softly, setting flowers on that soft brown soil.
 
“You were so stupid, do you know that? Sacrificing your life just like that.” I laughed bitterly.
 
I see Shin Il walking towards me, flowers in his hands and another woman by his side.
 
I sighed deeply, remembering that moment. The moment when you stupidly sacrifice your life for me.
 
 
*****
 
 
"Stay there." I almost yelled at you when you tried to push me away.
 
You looked at me with you round brown eyes, begging me not to do this.
 
"Just stay there." I whispered softly. I closed my eyes tightly, as I prepared for the worst.
 
Another earthquake shook the building again and I prepared for the worst by trying to cover every inch of your body even more.
 
“Jonghyun!!” I was caught off guard when you yelled and suddenly stand up and pushed me away from you.
 
I fell to the side, eyes bulged in horror when a large piece of the ceiling fell on top of you.
 
“ChungAe!” I screamed, running to your side. I tried to remove the ceiling, but it won’t budge. It was too heavy for me. Nevertheless, I keep on trying, when your voice suddenly stop me.
 
“Jonghyun..” you whispered, blood pouring out of your mouth. i tried to syop it, but it keeps on flowing like a slow river.
 
“ChungAe, stop talking.” I hushed you. “Hang in there, I’m going to get you out from here.”
 
“Jonghyun, look at me.” You tugged at my sleeve, gesturing for me to look at you.
 
You smiled a bit. You bloodied hand grasp my hand tightly. I tried to be strong for you, but failed miserably when I started to sob.
 
“Jonghyun, listen.” Your eyes shut tight as you painfully try to catch a breath.
 
“I’m sorry.” You said softly.
 
“You don’t have to be! You stupid girl, why did you push me away?” I sobbed as I wiped the blood that trickled from the side of your mouth, down to your chin.
 
“Find someone else. Find someone better than me.” I shook my head vigorously.
 
“Shut up. There’ll be only you. Stop talking please.” I said as I sobbed harder.
 
“I’m sorry Jonghyun. I’m sorry for not being a good friend.” Another shudder went through your body and you tried hard to keep your eyes open. You mumbled “Goodbye, I love you” before your hands lose its tenseness, so cold and limp in my hands.
 
 
*****
 
 
“You stupid girl.” I said again as I stand up to leave. I walk towards the gate, briefly passing Shin Il on my way there. I nodded at him and he does the same before continuing towards your grave.
 
“He’s getting married, ChungAe.” I mumbled softly. I’m angry at him for not being loyal to you, but I know I shouldn’t be. It has been five years since you have been gone. He is moving on and I know you would want him to do that.
 
I look up at the bright blue sky. I know you want me to find someone else, but I didn’t found anyone suitable for me yet. All of them couldn’t compare up to you.
 
“Help me a little bit will you?” I smiled at the sky before walking down the road.
 
A sudden impact makes me hit my bum on the hard floor. I look up, and a bright young lady looks at me worriedly. “Are you ok?” I’m sorry I didn’t saw you just now. Aish, clumsy me. Are you ok? Do you need to go to the hospital or something?” the girl keeps on talking while I laughed inwardly.
 
“Aish, stupid ChungAe. You sure are fast huh.” I stand up, brushing the dirt on my jeans.
 
“No, it’s ok. I don’t need to go to the hospital. I think you should stop worrying.” I assured her with a smile.
 
“Oh, thank God. I thought you were badly hurt and you’ll ask for some money or something. I don’t even—“she stops talking when she see me laughing.
 
“You sure talks a lot huh.” I laugh.
 
“I tend to talk a lot when I’m nervous.” She smiles shyly, scratching her neck.
 
“So, how should I make it up to you?” she asks, while searching for her wallet in that pink sling bag of hers.
 
“Coffee perhaps?” I smile. Why do I tend to smile a lot around this girl?
 
“Coffee it is! Come, I know a good café nearby.” And she keeps on chattering while I walk by her side laughing at her antics.
 
“Be happy there ChungAe. And thanks for staying by my side all this time.” I mumbled softly, knowing that somehow you’ll hear me.
 
“Did you say something?” she asks me, turning her head towards me.
 
“Nope, nothing.” I shook my head slightly.
 
“Oh, before I forgot, I’m HyeSu.” She said, extending her small slender hand towards me.
 
“Jonghyun.” I grasp her hand, and shake it lightly. “Nice to meet you, HyeSu.”
 
“Nice to meet you too JongHyun.” 
 
We look at each other, somehow knowing that this meeting will not be the last one, we both smile.
 
 
_______________________________________________
 
i get the inspiration for this story when i was listening to anatomy's lecture. lol
so how was it?
leave some comments please ^^
and some critiques too, so that i can improve more and write better ^^
 
thanx for reading  you :)
 
oh, before i forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY dino head KIM JONGHYUN :D
 
8 April 2012
 
words: 2430