Wedding Photo {Minho & Key}

Memoirs

before you read the story, please, please watch and listen to this first! i promise you, that you won't regret it! the video is the perfect companion to this story ^^

___________________________________________________________________

 

“Smile!” the photographer said for the umpteenth time.

“We don’t want to.” They said in unison.
 
“For the love of god, just smile already! It’s your own damn wedding photo!” both of their mothers yelled at them, furious with their children’s attitude.
 
But they didn’t budge from their decision and continued to put on a sulky face.
 
“Fine! Just take the damn picture. Don’t blame me if your picture looks like pig’s !” the mothers had had enough of their antics, and angrily asked the scared photographer just to take the damn photos.
 
He looked unsure, but he just gets ready with the equipment. “Smile.” He squeaked.
 
 
===
 
 
“I’m not going to sleep with you!” stated Gwiboon when they arrived at their room.
 
“Who said I will?” Minho snapped back, clearly disgusted with the idea.
 
“Good then. I’ll sleep here, on the bed. And you --” she pointed her slender finger at him. “Find your own place.” With that settles, she plopped down on the soft mattress.
 
He stood there angrily, arm crossed. He will never give up this easily. “No way! This is my ing bed. Move!” He pushed her off his bed forcefully resulting for her to fall down on her bum, hard.
 
 “Your bed?!” her shrilled voice filled the room. “I choose this bed. So that makes this bed mine!” and using her taekwando’s skills, she kicked her husband off the bed.
 
Clearly shocked with Gwiboon’s strength, he stood up abruptly. “How dare you kick me! That’s it. You’re going down!” and he quickly flung himself towards her but before he could do anything, his father’s angry voice filled the room.
 
“Kim Gwiboon! Choi Minho! Shut the up! Just each other and have already!” and that shut them up immediately. 
 
 
===
 
 
“Argh!! Gwiboon, that hurts!” Minho screams echo through the room. “Gwiboon, don’t squeeze me too hard!” he yelped in pain but Gwiboon keep on squeezing him.
 
“Gwiboon!!” he screamed again.
 
“Just shut up already! Be grateful I don’t pull your head off!” she snapped back at Minho and he immediately keep quiet, withstanding the pain throbbing in his hand.
 
“Ok, Gwiboon. Now take a deep breath and push.” A guy in a white coat stand there in front of her spread legs.
 
She was tired. It had been an hour and all she did was pushing. She didn’t have any energy left.
 
“I can see the baby’s head! Now, for the last time, Gwiboon push!” with all her might, she concentrates her energy on her lower half of her body.  Five minutes later, a baby’s cry was heard, and she smiled – relaxed.
 
“It’s a baby boy.” The doctor smile and handed Minho the baby.
 
With an awkward pose, he cradled the baby carefully. “He looks just like me.” Minho smiled, caressing his cheeks softly.
 
“No way. He looks just like me.” although she was tired, she can’t resist the temptations to argue with Minho.
 
Minho pretended he didn’t hear her, and continued to kiss the baby’s forehead softly. “Anyway, he’s beautiful.” He whispered, proud to be a new father.
 
 
===
 
 
“Mom! I’m late!  You’re supposed to send me to school five minutes ago.” Their ten year old son whined, pouting at Gwiboon’s feet.
 
“Oh, sorry Jinki. I’m a bit preoccupied here. Your father is supposed to send you today. Where is that lazy man?” she asked her son only to be answered with a small shrug.
 
“Minho! Where the hell are you? Jinki is late for school.” She screamed loudly, making sure that her loud voice reached Minho’s ear.
 
“Why are you screaming in the morning like this? I’m trying to sleep here.” A groggy voice answered her. Gwiboon turned around and saw her husband plopped down lazily on the chair near her.  His head was rested on the kitchen counter.
 
“You’re supposed to send Jinki to school. Now he’s late.” She stared intensely. Usually she was the one that send Jinki to school, but Minho promised her that he’ll send Jinki today.
 
“Why don’t you send him yourself?” he asked sleepily. He was still tired and sleepy. All he wanted to do now is to continue his sleep.
 
“Can’t you see that I’m a little bit busy here?” he looked up, seeing his wife with a spatula in one hand and a one year old baby girl in another.
 
“Oh, ok. Sorry.” He stood up and reached his car keys. “Come one Jinki. Daddy will send you.”
 
“Finally.” With a loud grunt he gave Gwiboon a peck on the cheek before following his dad to the car.
 
After a long silence, Jinki looked up to his dad and asked him, “Dad, why you and mom always yell at each other?”
 
That definitely shocked Minho. Unconsciously he scratched his head but immediately put his hand back on the steering wheel.
 
“I don’t know son, we just do.” He answered truthfully. Jinki just nodded, and did not utter another word anymore.
 
 
===
 
 
Ten year old Taeyeon played in her parents’ bedroom, jumping on the bed while laughing happily. Jinki, who just turned twenty this year, entered the room, laughing at his little sister.
 
“Taeyeon, you know you’re not allowed to jump on the bed.” Jinki warned her, but she just brushed it off and jumped some more.
 
“But this is fun oppa! Mom’s bed is so springy, not like mine.” She jumped some more but suddenly stop when she saw something that sparked her interests.
 
She got off the bed and strutted towards the shelves in front of her. “Why mom and dad look so sulky in this picture?” she asked Jinki with her wide innocent eyes.
 
Jinki looked at her, smiling while pinching her chubby cheeks. He’ll miss his cute sister while he’s gone to college later this month. “I don’t know Taeyeon. I always wondered the same thing but haven’t got the chance to ask them.” And right on cue, their parents entered the room, while bickering at each other.
 
“What are you guys doing here?” Gwiboon asked, approaching them. 
 
“Nothing mommy. Jumping on your bed is the best thing ever!” Taeyeon beamed while looking up at her mom.
 
“Taeyeon! How many times have I told you not to --”
 
“Mom, what happen to your wedding photo?” Jinki asked, trying to distract Gwiboon from scolding Taeyeon anymore. And it worked when she turned her attention towards the photo. “What’s wrong with it?”
 
Jinki shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know.. Weren’t wedding photos are supposed to be happy or something. You guys looked like somebody threw stink bombs at your face.” He arched his eyebrows questioningly when his parents pointed at each other.
 
“It was his – her fault!” they yelled at the same time. 
 
“It was your fault!” Gwiboon accused Minho.
 
“No it was not! It was you who started it.” He snapped back.
 
“No, I did not. I didn’t start anything.”
 
“Yes you did. You threw dog at me! My favorite suit was ruined because of your childish play.” Minho shuddered remembering that tragic incident.
 
“Well, you called me an ugly witch first.”
 
“Ok guys!” both of them stop their bickering and turned to their son who shook his head frustratingly.
 
“Come one Taeyeon. Let’s go get some ice cream and leave this two alone.” He quickly pulled his sister’s hand and led her outside of the house.
 
After seeing their children left, they faced each other again. “Definitely your fault.” Gwiboon snapped.
 
With a grin Minho started to approach her closer. “No, it’s not.” And he started to tickle her.
 
“Minho, stop it!” she screamed between her breath, but Minho won’t stop. He was enjoying the moment too much.
 
“Minho!!” she laughed hysterically.
 
“I won’t stop until you call me yeobo.” He threatened with a serious look on his face.
 
“Yeobo? No way. I rather die laughing.”
 
“Fine. Die then.” He simply said that and continued to tickle her to death.
 
“Arghh. Fine. FINE. YEOBO STOP TICKLING ME!!” she yelled out of frustration. Can’t believe that she lost again. Every time he did this to her, she never win.
 
Minho finally stopped and laughed at Gwiboon’s failure. “I win. Again.” He fell to the ground, tired. Gwiboon was next to him, painting hard trying to catch her breath.
 
“I hate you.” She mumbled, pouting childishly. He laughed and turned to face his lovely wife. With a swift peck on her lips and a goofy grin he said “I know.”
 
 
===
 
 
“Yeobo, what time is it?” Minho asked his wife lazily.
 
“I don’t know. Look at it yourself.” She replied lazily, clearly absorbed with her knitting.
 
“Yeobo, where are the kids?” Minho asked again.
 
“Taeyeon and Jonghyun went out for a while. Grocery shopping I guess.”
 
“Jonghyun?”
 
Gwiboon gave Minho a weird look. “Yeah, Jonghyun. Our son-in-law. Don’t tell me you forget him.”
 
Minho snorted loudly. “Of course not! Why would I be? And Jinki?”
 
Gwiboon rolled her eyes, knowing that Minho did forget Jonghyun. Silly forgetful old man. “At the hill I guess. It is their anniversary today.”
 
Minho nodded slowly. He felt sad for his only son Jinki. Losing his loved one at early aged will never be easy. “He has to move on, you know.”
 
Gwiboon sighed sadly. She put her knitting down, staring at the ocean in front of her. “He is. He’s trying really hard to forget the accident and stop blaming himself for it. It is their anniversary today. I don’t think it is wrong for him to visit her grave once in a while.”
 
“Did he bring Minjung with her?”
 
“No, he went there alone. Minjung is sleeping with Kibum and Junghee. Poor kids. They must be tired after playing around all day long.” She picked up her knitting again, continuing her work.
 
They were in complete silence for a while before Minho called her again, annoying the out of her. “What?!” she snapped at her husband.
 
“Nothing…” he mumbled softly, hurted by the harshness of his wife.
 
“You are one annoying old man did you know that?” she shook her head and continued with her knitting.
 
But Minho is a persistently annoying person when he whined again. “Yeobo…”
 
“Yes yeobo..” she sighed frustratedly. This old man will never leave her alone in peace until she entertained him.
 
“How old are we now?”
 
“Sixty-five. Why did you ask? Did you forget your own age?”
 
“Aish, of course not. This woman!” he pouted his lips cutely earning a light chuckle from Gwiboon.
 
“We are old.” He sighed deeply. “And we’re going to die soon.” He added dramatically.
 
Putting her work aside, she stared deeply into his eyes. “Why did you say that? Do you want to leave me alone?”
 
“No.” he shook his head vigorously. “You are going to die first, because of your unhealthy diet. Always eating sweet sugary stuff. And then I can find a new wife and then --” before he could finish his sentence, a roll of newspaper hit him on the head. He chuckled mischievously, amused that he never failed to anger Gwiboon.
 
“Yah! Do you want to die?!” Gwiboon yelled, clearly angry at her husband.
 
“Anyway, what did you say about taking picture just now?” he asked trying to distract his wife’s anger. Gwiboon can be very scary when she’s angry. But teasing her was and forever will be fun, so he keeps on doing it.
 
“Oh, I was suggesting if we could take our wedding photo again. The original one looks so freaking ugly. I couldn’t answer when the grandkids asked me why we both looked like monsters in there.” She shook her head remembering her grandkids’ naughty remarks.
 
He laughed loudly hearing that from Gwiboon. “Well, because we do! And that’s the beauty of it.” He grinned. “We’re too old anyway to take a new wedding photo.”
 
“But Minho, wedding photo is supposed to look pretty and memorable, not like a freaking .” She pouted. She felt a little disappointed for not listening to their moms’ advice back then.
 
“It is memorable you silly old grandma. We can still clearly remember the day when it happened right?”
 
“Yes. No need to remind me about that.” She shuddered.
 
“And I think, no. I KNOW our wedding photo is beautiful. It’s unique. Where can you find that kind of wedding photo anywhere else?”
 
After a few persuasions, Gwiboon agreed. “Fine, no need for a new wedding photo. But we need to take our family picture. I don’t want to hear any objection from you.”
 
Minho chuckled softly. “Fine Gwiboon. Whatever you want, as long as you’re happy my lovely Gwiboon.”
 
“Corny old man.” She responded curtly and continued with her abandoned knitting.
 
“Yeobo…” 
 
“What?!” her eyes bulge with anger because of her disturbed concentration.
 
“I love you.” He smiled a toothless smile.
 
Her eyes soften, and with a sweet old smile she replied, “I love you too Choi Minho. I love you too.”
 
 
______________________________________________
 
finally, some fluff! lol
to tell you the truth, this is one of my personal favourite
i just love their relationship. minkey! :D
at first i intended to pair Key with random OC
but the female character just screams Key everywhere and the male character is a little bit like Minho, so why not. haha
if you saw  their fancams, you'll know how Minho is so abusive towards Key. just love their bromance. haha
and yeah, i used every single Shinee's character in this including their girl version names
i just don't want to ruin this story with any random Korean name. lol
anyway, hope you like it and don't forget to leave some comments ^^
 
13 MAY 2012
 
words: 2155