Running Away

Memoirs

 

“Run.” A familiar voice whispered to him, so familiar that he felt his heart clenched when he finally recognised the voice.
 
He stopped in his track, trying to find the source of the voice. He looked around, searching through the crowd. Searching for any glimpse, any silhouette he recognised.
 
“Run Jjong.” The voice whispered again, startling him. He saw someone but that’s not who he is looking for right now. He’s supposed to run away from the guy.
 
“Run Jjong! Now!” for once he listened to the voice, sprinting towards unspecific direction. Away from anyone that’s chasing him. Away from all of his problems.
 
He ran blindly amongst the crowd. His short stature collided with anyone that stood in his way. The word ‘sorry’ slipped from his mouth occasionally but he didn’t stop. Not even for a second. He just ran, ran and ran again.
 
A dark alley greeted him and he finally stopped to catch his breath. His hair dampened because of the sweats, a few strands plastered unattractively against his forehead. He quieted down, trying to catch any sound, any voice but there was nothing. Sweats – tears, he didn’t care anymore – trickled down his face.
 
“Jinki, where are you?” he whispered softly. A brush of soft breeze swept past him, tickling his exposed neck. Closing his eyes, he smiled a little. “Don’t leave me again.”
 
He felt a cold hard metal pressed against his temple. He didn’t have to look to know that the guy from before is holding a gun, ready to kill him.
He didn’t even open his eyes. He just stood there, chuckling softly to himself. No matter how fast they ran, they’ll always get caught. They were running together before when Jinki stumbled along the way. He couldn’t save Jinki when he met his end. And now, it was his turn. He breathed slowly, calm and collected. He took a deep breath for the last time before a loud bang echoes in the dark alley.
 
There was no pain at all and that surprised him. His eyelids fluttered for a while before he opened them widely. And there stood Jinki, extending his hands, giving him the smile that he missed so much. He grabbed Jinki’s hand, pulling himself up. He stares at Jinki, before cupping Jinki’s face with both of his hands and Jinki’s smile widened with delight. 
 
He can’t explain how much he missed that sweet wide smile. That smile that can always cheer him up when he’s feeling down, that calmed his nerve whenever he was having his panic attack. That smile is everything to him and he didn’t want to lost that smile again. His hands moved downwards, clasping the other’s hand. He stares at their hands, so perfect against each other. “Don’t.” he looked up, staring at the brown orbs. “Don’t ever leave me again.”
 
Jinki smiled, tightening his grasp on Jonghyun’s hand. “Never.” He said firmly. “Never again.” And they vanished into thin air, together at last.
 
 
__________________________________________________
 
Jongyu drabble for you guys ^^
i was bored and came out with this idea and finished it within 5 minutes. haha
anyway, i hope you enjoy it :D
 
11 JUNE 2012
 
word count: 498