Gave up {Taemin}

Memoirs

 

It’s so peaceful and calmer here. The green scenery, the trees, the flowers, the pond, everything. All of these reminded him of her.
 
 
He strolled around the park, absorbing the peacefulness. “I miss you Taeyeon.” he sighed deeply, touching his face slightly. There are no tears, but why do these eyes feel like it has been crying for years now? He sometimes wondered.
 
 
His fingers traced the scar on his cheek. It was almost unnoticeable, but if anyone cared enough to look closely, they can see a fine thin line lying there across his once flawless skin.
 
 
He remembered when this happen. He was angry and was very pissed that day. He can’t stand it when people mocked him, make fun of him. They said he looks like a girl. They said he’s gay, because he looks too feminine. They bullied him everytime they saw him in the school. He was tired and angry. He wanted to make himself look manly. He always saw the thugs on the TV having scars and cuts across their faces. He thought that the scars make them look manly.
 
 
He was cutting his face with a razor blade when she entered his room with a shocked face.
 
“What the are you doing?!” she screeched staring at his bloodied face.
 
“Trying to be manly.” He mumbled, staring at the floor, not daring to meet her eyes.
 
A hard smacked on the head makes he snapped his head up, looking at her. Before he could say anything, she was already screaming at his face.
 
“And you think scaring your face like that will make you manly?! Are you a ing idiot?!”
 
 
Idiot. That word keeps ringing in his head. He’s not an idiot. “Answer me Lee Taemin!”She yelled at him again, and that just makes him snapped.
 
“I’m not an idiot!” he roared. “I’m tired of people saying that I look like a girl. I’m sick of it. I’m a man, not a ing girl!” he exploded. His chest pumped up and down with anger.
 
She shook her head weakly. “Sometime I wonder where did you put your brain.” She sighed frustratedly. “Of course you’re a man Taemin.” Rubbing her temple, she added “A beautiful man, in fact.”
 
“Stop saying I’m beautiful.” His anger started too flared again. How many times did he need to tell everyone not to call him beautiful?
 
“But you are Taemin! Damn, you’re prettier than me. Accept that fact like a ing man.” She sat down on his bed, hugging his blue pillow tightly. A soft sigh came out from her pouty lips.
 
“Being beautiful doesn’t make you less manly Taemin. It makes you extra special. A man with a privilege. Not all people are lucky enough to have that. You should be grateful.” She said with a sad smile tugging at her lips.
 
 
He felt guilty. He knew how insecure Taeyeon felt with herself. But before he could say anything to comfort her, she just sprung up from the bed and strutted towards him. “Now, let’s clean up those cuts. I hope it doesn’t leave a scar.” And she quickly went outside, giving excuse that she’s looking for the first aid kit. But deep down he knew, she was trying to hide her tears from him.
 
 
He sat there, digesting her words. The longer he thinks, the stupider he felt. She was right, he is special and he’s extra lucky to have a friend like her.
 
 
She came in, with a white box in her hand. Tugging at his face slightly, she ordered him. “Now, stay still.” She wiped away the blood with a cotton pad. “I’ll swear if you do this again, I’ll ---”
 
“You what?”
 
“I’ll scar myself.”
 
“Why would you that?”
 
“If you have a scar, I want to have it too.” She said.
 
“Well, that’s stupid.”
 
“Says the person who scarred himself to look manly.” She scoffed.
 
“Ugh, fine. You win this time.” He gave up and she smiled triumphly, while wiping the blood off his face a little harshly.
 
“Ouch! That hurts!” he yelled painfully, jumping away from her.
 
“Wimp.”
 
 
===
 
 
“What are you doing there Taeyeon? I bet you’re smacking everyone’s head right now.” he chuckled lightly. Although he’s a lot taller than her, she somehow always managed to smack his head at every occasion. Sometimes he wondered why didn’t he suffer from concussion from all that smacking.
 
 
He lied on the dewy green grass. The wind is blowing softly, cooling his body. He took a deep breath, breathing the fresh unpolluted air.
 
 
He closed his eyes and instantly the car crash flashed by his mind. He knew he shouldn’t be driving after that party that night. But he did anyway, although Taeyeon did try to stop him. But he was insisting that he was not that drunk and she gave up. 
 
 
“You shouldn’t give up Taeyeon. If not, we’ll still be together. Laughing at our dorky jokes, being the dorky friends we were. I won’t lose you and I’ll be there by your side.”
 
 
He stood up and walked towards the pond. Few fishes were jumping out and into the water. They look so happy playing with each other. He smiled.
 
 
“It’s lonely here Taeyeon-ah.” He whined, blowing away some hairs that was covering his eyes. “I can’t live without you Taeyeon.” He mumbled softly.
 
 
Is he?
 
 
===
 
 
She places some flowers on his grave bed, giving a sad smile towards the black tombstone in front of her.
 
 
“Taemin, you must be happy flirting with the angels above with your pretty face right? You bastard.” She chuckles slightly.
 
“It’s pretty lonely down here, without you Taemin.” She mumbles, forcing a sad smile while looking longingly at a person standing outside the cemetery, waiting for her patiently. “Thank God Minho was there for the entire time. I wouldn’t know what I would have done to myself if he’s not there to support me.” 
 
 
She closes her eyes, holding her tears from falling. She needs to stay strong although it’s hard. Her childhood bestfriend was gone, leaving her to deal with this world alone. A tear falls, and she soon starts to sob, pain etched on her face.
 
 
After what it seems a few hours, she gathers herself and stands up not before giving a small peck on the marble. “I’ve got to go now, Taemin. I’ll see you later” she brushes away all the dirt that got stuck on her clothes.
 
 
“I love you bestfriend.” And with those last words, she walks away with a smile, promising that she’ll be coming back again.
 
 
_____________________________________________________
 
so yeah, Taemin's the one who died... *nervous laugh*
i know, most of you were bored and tired of character death, because i am too  =_=''
but i promise, the next story there'll be no death at all. just fluffy sweet stuff. hopefully~~ :p
anyway, thanx for reading guys :D
and you do leave some comments ^^
 
29 APRIL 2012
 
words: 1099