Sales and Soccer

Memoirs

 

“Minjung, quick!” I want to go shopping.” Kibum yelled from their shared bedroom. There’s a huge sales at the mall and Kibum wouldn’t want to miss it. He stuck his head outside to the bedroom when he didn’t hear any response from Minjung. He can hear the television blaring, and he quickly walked towards the living room.
 
Minjung was there, sitting comfortably on the couch, eyes fixated on the television. Kibum plopped himself down next to her. He twirled her long silky hair with his slender fingers before pulling her ears sneakily.
 
“Come on Minjung. You know that I’ve been dying to get that pink shirt for ages. It’s on sale right now and I wouldn’t want to miss it.” He whined, jabbing her side playfully.
 
Her eyes were still fixed on the television, displaying sweaty dirty guys running around across the green field. Kibum started to whine again when Minjung muttered, “I want to watch soccer.”
 
“What kind of girl watches soccer?”
 
“Well what kind of guy goes crazy over a freaking sale?”
 
“Well, I do!”
 
“Tough luck, because I don’t.”
 
“Minjung..” Kibum whined again, pouting childishly trying to gain Minjung’s attention. When Minjung didn’t give any, he stood in front of her, arms crossed blocking her view. She sighed frustratingly. Sometimes she wondered who the actual man in their relationship is, because Kibum always acted like PMS all the time.
 
“Move your gigantic bastard. I can’t see the TV.”
 
“Kibum stared at her eyes, widen with shock. He stuttered the next sentence, “What did you just call me?”
 
Minjung just pushed Kibum away with her long legs, rolling her eyes slightly. Yup, she is definitely the man in this relationship. No doubt about that.
 
“Oh, you’re going to regret doing that Minjung.” He cooed evilly, strutting towards her. He stared at her confused face, that stupid smirk still plastered on his face.
 
“What are you do --” she didn’t even get to finish her sentence before he jumped on top of her, hand secured safely at her hips, tickling her furiously.
 
Minjung snorted, soft chuckle left from . She felt a bit offended that after all these years, Kibum still didn’t know her well enough. “I’m not ticklish. I thought you knew that.”
 
“Ah, of course not. Silly me.” his voice was full with sarcasm. “But this one will right?” Minjung looked at him confusedly before Kibum suddenly grabbed her neck. His thumb was dangerously rubbing at the base of her exposed neck, right at her collar bone.
 
“You..” she stuttered. “Don’t ever dare…”
 
“Try me.” he smirked and tickled her neck.
 
She howled in anger, laughing at the same time. Call her weird or whatever but she can’t stand it if someone tickled her neck. Even a slight touch would make her shuddered. That was her one and only weak spot and , she hates it when Kibum used that against her.
 
“Stop it Kibum! I’ll do whatever you want. Just stop it!”
 
“So you promise you’ll go with me to the mall?” he asked, hands still attached to her neck.
 
“But I want to watch soccer..” she whined, pouting a bit giving Kibum her cutest pose.
 
But Kibum didn’t fell for that when he answered with a simple ‘No’ and continued to tickle her.
 
“I’ll go with you tomorrow!”
 
“No.”
 
“Just wait for the match to end, and then I’ll go with you.”
 
“No.”
 
“I let you use my credit card for a day!”
 
“No.”
 
“Fine, for a week then!”
 
He stopped for a while, thinking about her proposition. He started to smile sweetly and Minjung really hope that this will work. “Still no.” and he smirked evilly.
 
Minjung let out a sigh. “Ah ok. Fine FINE. I’ll go with you!”
 
“Really?” Kibum’s eyes twinkle with delight. A big smile spread on his face.
 
“Yeah. Now get off me. You’re heavy.” And she pushed Kibum, making he fell to the floor with a loud thud. She kicked his hard before stomping to their room to change.
 
He rubbed his sore before chuckling slightly when Minjung yelled “I better get a reward later!”
 
“What do you want? I’ll but it for you.”
 
“Oh, I don’t want you to buy anything..” she wriggled her eyebrows in playful manner, winking at Kibum.
 
“What do you want then? I don’t have – ”he didn’t even have the chance to complete his sentence before realization hits him.
 
“You ert .” He laughed, shaking his hand slightly.
 
“What? I have my needs too.” 
 
“Yeah yeah whatever. Now quick. The sale starts in one hour. I don’t want to miss its grand opening.” He pulled Minjung’s hand, ushering her towards the car.
 
She rolled her eyes, making herself comfortable inside the car. She still didn’t know why she agreed to go with him in the first place. She hates shopping and she can easily tackled and fight him back when he tickled her just now. She knew she’ll win easily.
 
She shook her head slightly at the loud Kibum next to her, talking excitedly about the sale with a huge smile plastered on his face.
 
She steadied the steering wheel when the car swayed dangerously because Kibum decided to use both of his hands to describe his stupid trench coat or something. “Hey, stop nagging. Eyes on the road. You’re going to get both of us kill if you keep on talking.” she laughed when he smacked her head playfully, still nagging.
 
She stole a glance at her husband, smiling widely. Soccer can wait, she decided. All she need right now is to watch that smile, to listen to that weird loud laugh and her life is complete.
 
 
__________________________________________________
 
 
30 JUNE 2012
 
Word Count: 947