Promise

Ugly

            You put on make-up and helped her too, since you were an expert at this. You picked a gorgeous dress from your closet and did your hair the best you could. Since you have had make-up and hairstyling classes, you didn’t need to go to any beautician to look gorgeous; all you needed were both your amazing hands. You got the final touches done and were ready in time for the party. Your dad’s black limousine was waiting for you in front of your apartment building, making you feel like a princess for the night. You finally knew how Cinderella felt, all you needed was to act like a lady and the magic was done.

            You were standing next to the bar, with a natural orange juice in your hand slowly moving your hips to the beat. Your sister was showing off in the middle of the crowd, dancing with whoever asked her. She was the best dancer you knew yet she complained and said she wanted to have your talent. You could sing and draw very well but these talents couldn’t really be displayed in public, at parties, like dancing. To be true, you would have given them up to be able to dance like that.

            She came next to you for a break and asked for a Pepsi.

“You having fun?” She asked huffing.

“Yeah, wow, I’m like, going to die of a heart-attack, my imaginary friend, Andrew is telling me jokes to keep me entertained and he's hilarious!"  You said sarcastically; she noticed and escaped a laugh.

“Why don’t you dance too?” She asked shrugging.

“Because nobody’s inviting me.” You said giving her an expressionless look, expressing your annoyance.

“OMG! Look who’s coming over here!!!!” She yelled into your ear punching your arm.

“Ouch!” You exclaimed but then you saw T.O.P making his way through the crowd, towards you. Your heart was beating like crazy and your felt you couldn’t breathe when your eyes met. He stopped in front of you and looked at … your sister.

“Hello.” His deep voice rang through your ears and you felt tears forming into your eyes from your breaking heart. It was happening again. But it hurt worse than ever.

“Hi.” She answered in a flirty way, batting her eyelashes. That was the final touch; you just couldn’t take it anymore so you left before bursting into tears in front of them.

            You went to your dad’s VIP lodge where no one was allowed except for the VIP’s - d'uuh -. You let your tears flow freely, wiping them from time to time, before falling on your dress. You had tried a thousand diets but none worked; you had lost 9 kg once but had to stop because the diet had caused you anemia. You didn’t gain back those, but you were still 20 kilograms heavier than your ideal 50.

            You had asked your parents for money to have plastic surgery but they didn’t allow you, saying that you are beautiful the way you are and people should like you like that.

“!” You yelled kicking the table in front of you. You were looking at your sister, dancing next to YOUR DREAM-GUY, moving her hips hypnotically against his and from time to time, he would lean down and whisper in her ear, causing her to giggle. You were cursing and sobbing aloud and you felt you were close to a break-down. “ THIS ! DAAAMN!!! ! ! MOTHERER! !” Your voice was shaky and your curses were interrupted by your sobs.

“Dayum!” A voice you didn’t recognize broke you down from your thoughts. You looked up and saw a tall guy with a weird haircut and hot pink hair flowing down from under a black cap. He was skinny and was wearing a baggy t-shirt and skinny jeans, he had a great style but you weren’t in the mood to meet new people. “I’ve never heard a girl cursing like that.” He said looking around the room. If your vision wasn’t blurry from the tears, you would have recognized him.

“ off.” You hissed hiding your face. He sat next to you, on the couch, moving his head to the beat and kicking the floor with his feet. “Why don’t you go dance down-there?” You said lifting your chin, pointing to the dance floor.

“I don’t want to.” He said shrugging and started to sing along.

“Just GET OUT!” You yelled but your voice cracked, letting out a sob. He stopped dancing and singing and looked at you curiously.

“Are you crying?” He asked leaning in front of you.

“No, I’m laughing my off. Just leave me alone.” You said standing up and going closer to the window separating you from the dance floor. Your eyes were glued to T.O.P and your sister, still dancing together like their hips were glued together.

“You know, I don’t appreciate sarcasm.” He said shaking his head. “But I can’t leave alone a crying girl.”

“Everything has a beginning, I want to be alone, so please leave.” You said pointing to the door.

“I’ll stay here but I won’t make a sound so… Just in case you wanna talk about it.” He said and he did as he had said. Not a word was spoken; he just stood there and watched you cry your eyes out. “Mind if I…” He said lifting his head, looking at the place next to you. You shook your head and he slowly walked next to you. “Wanna tell me what happened?” He asked patting your shoulder awkwardly. You laughed at his attempt to stop your tears and he smiled cutely.

“I wanna talk about it but…”

“I won’t say anything.” He said giving you a reassuring smile.

“Promise?” You asked doubtfully. He reached his pinkie and entangled it with yours.

“Pinky promise.”