Confidence

Ugly

--

“Hey, I was thinking…” you looked away from the book to a sleepy Jiyoung who was lying on your lap.

“You don’t say…” You said sarcastically.

“Aish~!” He exclaimed standing. “Will you be serious for once?!” He yelled in frustration.

“I was serious.” You giggled.

“How about I help you build your confidence?” He said giving you a hopeful smile.

“Nah.” You said shaking your head and making an uninterested face.

“What? Why not?”

“I’ll never be confident. I don’t even like myself, how will others like me?” You asked tilting your head to the side.

“What don’t you like about yourself?” He asked being serious for the first time.

“Everything. I’m ugly.” You said feeling tears forming in your eyes. You didn’t want to feel like that anymore but you didn’t want to talk about it.

“You’re not!” He yelled startling you. “How many times do I have to tell you?! You’re beautiful! Why can’t you see?!” A frustrated look was spread all over his face.

“BECAUSE MY SISTER IS ALWAYS THERE TO REMIND ME WHAT BEAUTY LOOKS LIKE!” You yelled back unconsciously.

“Just because she’s pretty doesn’t mean you’re ugly.” He calmly said reaching his hand and wiping your wet cheek. “The ugly can be beautiful, the pretty can never.” You sighed and closed your eyes for a second. Why couldn’t you argue with him on this topic? You could always argue when someone contradicted you and said you were pretty.

“Why can’t I find my arguments to prove you wrong?” You said and sighed again in frustration, frowning.

“You can’t prove wrong someone that is right. When I say you’re beautiful, I mean it; when you say you’re ugly, you’re telling me what some strangers that didn’t even bother to take a second look at you said.” He said and then let out a deep sigh when he saw your unchanged expression. “You can trust me.” He said giving you a serious look.

            You nodded and he gave you a refreshing smile. He was trying hard for you and you had no idea why but seeing him struggle to make you happy made you feel like you owed him one so you decided to try your best for him. You wiped your tears and flashed him a smile.

“I want you to meet someone.” He said pulling you up.

“Wh-wait, I need to take my stuff.” You said quickly grabbing all your stuff and putting it in your bag. You walked slowly to a huge, kind of familiar building. “Wait… isn’t this…”

            Before you could speak he pulled you inside and through the halls to one big room. You tried to fight him but it was useless, he was determined.

“Hi guys.” He said opening the door and pulling you in. You froze when T.O.P’s eyes were laid on you. You quickly looked away squeezing JiYoung’s hand.

“Who’s the lady?” Seungri asked raising his eyebrows.

“Yaa, maknae, don’t scare her more than she already is!” He said jokingly giving Seungri an amused look.

            Your fear went away when you felt something pulling at your leg. You looked down and saw an adorable Boston terrier waving his little almost-non-existent tail at you. Its cuteness overwhelmed you and you sat in front of him and petted him.

“Hi baby, who’s a little cute dog? You are!” You said in a goofy voice making the dog wave his tail even more. “You’re so cute!” You said his soft short fur when a big pair of feet stopped in front of you. You stood up immediately, thinking you did something wrong and saw Taeyang smiling at you.

“Do you like dogs?” He asked enthusiastically.

“Dogs are among the few beings that like me…” You said laughing. “I adore them.”

“I’m Youngbae.” He said reaching his hand.

“Nice to meet you.” You shyly said after telling him your name.

“Ya, JiYoung, I like your friend, bring her over more often.” He said giving you a friendly smile. Your body twitched when you heard T.O.P’s husky deep voice.

“So this is why you’ve been sneaking from rehearsals, leader?” He asked JiYoung laughing.

“None of your business. I wanted you to meet her but I see you’re acting like jerks, except for you YoungBae and Daesung, good boys.” He said giving them a thumb up.

“Sorry, I’m Seunghyun.” T.O.P said standing up from the couch, walking up to you and reaching his hand.

“I’m Seungri.”

“And I’m Daesung.” They all gave you a nice smile and shook your hand enthusiastically. You said your name again before mentioning how nice it was to meet them and how great they are.

For the rest of the day, T.O.P’s eyes seemed to be glued to you but somehow, this situation that you had always dreamt of was making you feel uncomfortable. You kept your eyes focused on Boss, trying to avoid his gaze but you could feel him staring. You peeked from time to time and saw him already looking at you.

“I’m going to get something to drink. Do you want anything?” JiYoung asked while you were playing with Boss.

“I’m coming too.” You said getting up immediately.

“No, you don’t have to. Stay here with the guys.” You didn’t want to insist and seem an antisocial freak so you did as he said and sat back, but you felt really out of place.

“So…” T.O.P’s low husky voice pierced your ears, after a short period of awkward silence, making you twitch. “How did you meet JiYoung?” He continued after seeing he caught your attention.

“There was a party at my dad’s club…” You answered forcing a shy smile. He smiled back and nodded raising his eyebrows.

“Ah, I remember.” He said after a short pause. You smiled weakly before turning back to Boss who was begging for your attention.

“Wow.” Taeyang said softly. You looked up at him and were greeted by a sweet eye-smile. He kneeled down in front of you and Boss ran quickly to him. “He’s never so comfortable around strangers.” He said smiling brightly. “He’s shy.”

“Maybe it’s because we’re the same.” You said, forcing the words to come out of your mouth. That was the exact opposite of the conversation you imagined in your head you would have with Big Bang the first time you meet. But then again, some part of you knew you weren’t going to meet them, that’s why you imagined yourself a hot babe, with long naturally platinum blonde and a little curly and with a LOT of attitude. That part of you was wrong.

            Before any other conversation began JiYoung returned with two cans of Pepsi. Your face lit up when he came into your field of vision and a huge weight was removed from your chest. If you had a tail, it would have definitely been waving.

“Here.” He said reaching the can to you.

“Thanks.” You said opening it and taking a sip.

“So guys, she’s going to come here very often. She’s lacking confidence and I’m going to help her become confident.” He said ruffling your hair and putting his hand around your neck, pulling you into a hug. You felt your cheeks turning pink but you blamed it on the heat since it was pretty hot in there.

“I know someone who’s going to be very happy.” Taeyang said patting Boss’s head. You smiled happily. Somehow, maybe because you knew Taeyang was shy too, you felt better in his company than around the others – except JiYoung, of course - .

There was a weird feeling you didn’t consider when you imagined how you and T.O.P were going to meet. He was supposed to fall in love with you and you were going to be very friendly in order to make that happen. But now, there was this weird feeling that made you push him away… of course, when you imagined your meeting, you didn’t think of him liking your sister.

            Well, you couldn’t blame him for noticing the beautiful, skinny, red-haired girl and not her common sister, but you just couldn’t get that out of your head and let him get close to you.

“I know someone too.” T.O.P said smiling in a flirty way.

            For the next few weeks you always went to YG to see them practice and hang out. You were feeling very good around them and you grew attached to each other.

“We were thinking…” Seungri said one day when you were kicking Taeyang’s at a video game.

“Huh?” You asked, completely absorbed by the game.

“You’ve been around a lot. We have a party tonight. Come with us.”

“Na~h.” You said focusing on the game.

“What?” T.O.P asked amazed.

“I said… YA! Don’t cheat! I said I’m not going.” You said slapping Taeyang making him drop his controller.

“Why?” Daesung asked frowning, waiting for your answer.

“’Cuz, I don’t like clubs.” You said shrugging. Taeyang took you in his lap and started tickling you. “YAAA~!” You yelled dropping your controller. “What are you doing?!?!” You were laughing so hard that your stomach started hurting.

“Revenge.” You were struggling to escape him when JiYoung entered the room.

“So these are the outfits I picked for the party tomorrow. Here is yours.” He said pointing to a green baggy T-shirt and a leopard printed jumpsuit.

“Hyung, she said she’s not going.” Seungri whined.

“Look, I said I’m going to make you confident. Don’t be stubborn and don’t get in the way, so we can work together.” He said sounding like some kind of Italian mafia.

“I really don’t want to go.” You whined and let out a deep sigh. “If it was something else…”

“But it’s not and you’re going!” He said sensing hesitation in your voice.

“FINE!” You yelled rolling your eyes.

 “That’s our girl!” They all yelled and group-hugged you.

            In fact, the reason why you didn’t want to go was your sister. She never missed any parties, mostly if VIP’s were going to be there. Big Bang were your friends and you knew that if they met your sister, they would like her more… you didn’t want to lose them, most of all, you didn’t want to lose JiYoung.

            You gave the guys a cute but forced smile and let them hug you. You looked at JiYoung and he mouthed a “thank you”. What was he thanking you for? You were doing it for yourself… No, wrong. It was meant to help you, but you were doing it for him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, sorry for taking me SO MUCH to update.

I'M SORRY!!

But it looks like inspiration left me for a while and I had NO IDEA what to write about. So instead of writing some poopy update, I decided to wait for a while. I still don't think the update is the best, I think it could have been better... But I promise I'll do my best from now on. Hwaiting!

Thank you SO MUCH for reading my story!