The Drama Begins & The Secret is Out

Nineteen Minutes

A/N: "Italics"= lines from Nineteen Minutes, the script

A/N 2: When you see Mi Young said, Jaemin said, Ji Yong said, or Seung Hyun said, that is Tiffany, Taecyeon, GD & TOP saying their characters' lines. Seeing as this is a script reading, all actions associated with the delivery of the lines are skipped over, whereas in the actual filming, the idol actors would've been performing such actions.

Example, "YAH!" Seung Hyun barked, kicking the bed.

In reality, this is merely TOP saying his lines as his character, Seung Hyun and is not actually kicking the bed. When filming comes, however, he will be saying the same line, only this time, there would actually be a set with a bed on it and he will be kicking it. But as of right now, we are in the script reading world and not the acting world, so... treat those actions as merely stage directions.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"We won't be going over the entire script today as I have specifically arranged it so that this script reading will consist of the leads and part of the supporting cast. Treat this as practice before the official script reading with the entire cast." Kim PD said, acknowledging the idols. "I want to see your interpretation of the characters and whether or not you have a grasp of your role."

The cast nodded tentatively.

"Okay then. We'll start with Tiffany. Just pick a scene you feel comfortable doing. Those who are in the scene with her, do join in." He nodded at Tiffany to begin.

Tiffany nodded and flipped through the manuscript, her eyes stopping at a passage. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath and spoke.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why am I still here?" Mi Young whispered.

"It's for your own protection."

She scoffed. "My protection or his?"

"He's doing this because he loves you and wants you to be safe from future threats."

"Right. And he would know that I'm safe, how?"
She retorted sarcastically. Jaemin opened his mouth to reply, but she cut him off. "Never mind. Don't answer that. I don't want to know how everyone's been going around behind my back, secretly updating him about my life."

"Mi Young — "

"Don't call me that! It's Stephanie. My name is Stephanie, not Mi Young. I will not be using the name that man gave me."

"Why are you being so stubborn? He's doing this for your own good. You don't know him and haven't tried to get to know him."  He replied calmly, clearing trying to reason rather than berate her.

"I'm stubborn?" She pointed at herself, her voice rising with each word. "What does he know about "my own good"? He knows nothing about me."
She spat angrily.

"It's not true. He — "

"Save it." Mi Young interrupted harshly. "Don't make excuses for him. I don't want to hear it. It may have been a long time ago, but I will never forgive him." She looked at him, eyes burning with hatred.

He sighed heavily. "Mi Young..." He ignored the dirty look she gave him. "He's your father."

"He killed my mother!" She yelled, hands curling into fists.

He winced. "Your mother's death was ruled an accident. It had nothing to do with your father."

She laughed hollowly. "Oh, but it had everything to do with my father."  She stared at him with haunted eyes.  "She died because of him."

His expression softened. "I know it was painful, but you can't keep holding onto your hatred. It's killing you, Mi Young."

"Better to die of my own free will than to die by his hand."

"Stop it!" Jaemin slammed a hand down at the table, startling her. "This is not like you. What brought this on?"

She stared at him, eyes full of sadness. "Today is the 15th anniversary of my mother's death."

"Ah, . I'm sorry..." He whispered, no longer angry at her.

"It's okay. No one expects me to remember. But how can I possibly forget? What kind of father ships his daughter to LA right after her mother died? What kind of husband doesn't show up for his wife's funeral?"

"He could've been busy..."
He defended lamely.

She stared at him. "Tell me, Jay. How old were we when we moved to LA?" Mi Young asked softly.

"You were five and I had just turned six. Why?"

"And in the seventeen years that I've lived with you, have you seen my father visit?"

"No, but
"

"Exactly! I haven't seen him once. Not even when mother died. I'm entitled to being angry. Why should I give him the time of day when he never once made time for me?" She retorted angrily.

"Mi Young, please. He's the only living relative you have left. Don't push him away." Jaemin pleaded anxiously.

"Just stop. Don't defend him. You'll just make me hate him more. My mother and I were so insignificant that given the choice between his work and his family, we'd always lose. My father may still be alive, but he doesn't exist in here." She tapped her heart. "I love wholeheartedly, but my heart does not have room for those who can not do the same."

"Just give him a chance. Please " She raised a hand to cut him off.

"Stop. This is enough. I've known you since I was in diapers, Jay, don't make me hate you too." She looked at him, eyes filled with disappointment.

He sighed heavily, not wanting to fight with her. "Alright, I won't force you. Just promise me that you'll give it some time. Please."

"We'll see."

He nodded, knowing that it was better than an outright rejection.

"Anyway, what are we going to do today?"

"We were supposed to
"

Ring! Ring! Ring!


She glanced at him and nodded her chin towards the direction of the sound. "Go pick it up."

He grimaced, but did as he was told. "Yeoboseyo."

"Jaemin ah?"


Recognizing the voice of his boss, he straightened immediately. "Yes, sir. It's me. What do you need?"

"I need to speak to Mi Young."

"Yes, sir. Right away." 
He turned and gestured for her to come to the phone.

She eyed him warily. "Who is it?" He said nothing, simply holding out the phone. "Yeoboseyo?" Mi Young answered, annoyed.

"Mi Young." Came a voice she hadn't heard since she was five years old. "It's me. Your father."

"I know."
She spoke, her tone frosty.

"I know we haven't spoken in a long time "

"Spit it out. I don't have time for pleasantries."
She interrupted coldly.

"Alright. I'm calling to tell you that someone's going to come pick you up."

"MWO?!"

"Mi Young, it's time for you to come home."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Okay, cut!" Kim PD cut in, his voice sharp.

Tiffany jumped slightly, startled. She glanced at him, wondering if he interrupted because she made a mistake. She her manuscript nervously and waited for him to speak.

"Tiffany."

She straightened and looked at him. "Deh?"

"Good job. Intonation and emotions were good, but watch your expressions. I hear the feelings in your voice, but I'm not quite seeing it on your face. Work on that." Kim PD replied, looking down at the notes he made.

"Kamsamnida, PD-nim. I'll work harder." She nodded respectfully.

"Taecyeon, a little more emotion during the delivery of your lines. Be firm." Seeing him nod, Kim PD turned to Ji Yong and gestured for him to begin.

Nodding briefly, Ji Yong straightened in his seat and flipped his manuscript to a scene. Catching TOP's eyes, he tapped the page, signalling that he'd be in it. Seeing TOP's head bob slightly in acknowledgement, he began.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yah!" Seung Hyun said loudly, kicking the bed. "Yah, wake up!" 

Ji Yong groaned, but made no move to get up.

"YAH! Kwon Ji Yong! I'm not doing this every single day. It's not my job to wake you up. YAH!" He barked, pulling the covers off the bed.

"Aish, chincha! This little bastard" He muttered under his breath. "YAH! I'm not your keeper. Yah! Kwon Ji Yong!"

"Shikkeureo."

"Mwo? Yah! Who do you think you are?!" He moved to jerk Ji Yong up by his shirt when his hands were blocked. Glancing down, he met a pair of cold, empty eyes.

"Hajima."

Seung Hyun hastily raised his hands in the air, indicating that he was backing off. "Okay, okay. Relax. You're up. It's cool. It's all good." He rambled nervously.

Ji Yong rolled his eyes and flipped over on the bed. "Just shut up. You're so noisy."

"Well, if you wanna be late for class, that's fine with me. Just don't yell at me when seonsaengnim fails your . How many latenesses do you have again?" He drawled mockingly.

"MWO?! What time is it?!" Ji Yong shot up, glaring at him. "Aish. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" He got up and hastily threw on some clothes, stopping when he noticed that Seung Hyun wasn't doing the same. "You're not coming?"

He shook his head. "The boss gave me a last minute assignment. I'll be flying to LA. Freaking lame assignment. "Scope out the target", he said." His voice rose an octave, imitating their boss. "Che. What am I? His watchdog?"

Ji Yong laughed. "Have fun hunting. Oh, and good luck." He said, saluting him mockingly.

"Good luck? When have I ever needed that ?" He scoffed, waving him out. "Take your ty good luck and get out."

Ji Yong smirked, but quickly frowned when he glanced at the clock and realized he had less than twenty minutes to get to class. "Aish!" And ran out the door.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"CUT!" Kim PD interrupted. "Okay, that was good, Ji Yong. TOP, don't be afraid to say those swear words. You are allowed to say them here. In fact, I encourage you to do so. There will be no censorship bull in here. If it's in the script, I expect you to say it like you mean it. Other than that, you did a good job." He nodded at him.

"Ah, I want you to do your scene." Kim PD glanced at Ji Yong and Tiffany. "Go on."

Ji Yong and Tiffany eyed each other briefly, before flipping their scripts to the designated scene. Tiffany nodded at Ji Yong, indicating that she was ready.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Yah, Choi Seung Hyun! Jugulle? Late, my . I'm right on time, the bell hasn't even rung yet" Ji Yong said into his phone, glancing at the clock. But right when he said that, the bell rang. "! Gotta go! Bye!"

Hearing the bell ring a second time, he ran down the hall and was about to round the corner when he crashed right into someone. Both of them were knocked to the ground, books scattering everywhere.

"Ahh..." Came a soft feminine hiss of pain.

He stopped gathering the fallen books and looked up. Right into beautiful brown eyes.

"Ah, I'm sorry for bumping into you." She bowed her head awkwardly. Glancing at the books in his hands, she looked at him. "Um... thank you for picking them up." She held out her hands for them.

He placed them in her hands and got up. He was about to say something, when the bell rang for the third and final time. "." He muttered, under his breath. He glanced her and spoke coldly. "Next time, watch where you're going." He turned and rounded the corner.

"Aish. Mwoya? Watch where I'm going? Nah?!" She stood there, dumbfounded. "Aish. Chincha. What's taking Jay so long?" She huffed.

"Mi Young!" Came a shout from down the hall.

She turned around and narrowed her eyes at the figure running towards her. "How many times do I have to tell you? It's Stephanie. Well, Ste-pahn-nee. Since we're in Korea." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Right." Jaemin replied hastily, a bit out of breath.

She eyed him, amused. "Yah. Jay. You've gotten fat." She teased, poking his stomach.

His mouth dropped open in mock horror. "Fat? Who, me? I'll show you fat!" He moved to lift his shirt up, but Mi Young grabbed his arm and pulled.

"Ah, balli! We still have to get to our first class." Mi Young said, dragging him down the hall to their classroom.

"English, right?" She asked, nudging him.

"Yeah. Wait. Remember, we have to keep a low profile." He reminded her.

"Waeyo? Just because he told me to do something doesn't mean I have to listen." She frowned, glaring at him.

"Mi Young, please. Don't make it difficult for me. I work for the guy. Don't make my job hard."

She rolled her eyes. "I'll just hire you myself if he decides to fire you. That way he can stop keeping tabs on me."

"Are we seriously going to argue about this again? He's trying to be present in your life. Isn't it better late than never?"

"So? Just because he has some free time now, doesn't give him the right to waltz back into my life."
She crossed her arms and stared angrily at him. "So he can take his stupid free time and shove it up his —"

Jaemin covered before she could utter another word. "Just do it. He probably has his reasons for bringing you back home, but having you so close means there's a greater potential of threats to you. As long as you keep a low profile, you'll be safe."


"I'm not a dog, Jay. Just because he tells me to come doesn't mean I'll do it."

He eyed her, amused. "Well, you're here in Korea, aren't you? That's saying something."

"I...well...I haven't been back here since forever and it'll be nice to see if anything's changed."
She mumbled, looking away.

His expression softened and he smiled knowingly. "Admit it. You miss him. You were just waiting for an excuse to come home."

"So what if I miss him? That doesn't mean I'll forgive him." Mi Young replied darkly.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say." Jaemin teased, smiling as they came to a stop in front of their classroom. "Now remember —"

"Low profile.
I know, you don't have to keep reminding me." She interrupted, giving him an exasperated look.

He chuckled softly. "Well, let's go then." He reached around her to knock on the door. He paused before opening it slowly.

"Annyeonghaseyo, seonsaengnim." They bowed respectfully at the professor.

"Oh! You must be the transfer students from the U.S." The professor replied cheerily and turned to face his class. "Everyone! Let's welcome our two new transfer students, Park Jaemin-ssi and Hwang Stephanie-ssi."

Mi Young winced when the professor unintentionally butchered her name. She sighed softly, knowing that she'll have to get used to hearing Ste-pahn-nee soon. She jerked when Jaemin nudged her in the ribs. "What?" She mouthed.

"Your turn to introduce yourself." He whispered out of the corner of his mouth.

"Oh! Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Stephanie Hwang. Nice to meet you all." She smiled cooly, her calm façade slipping into place.

"Okay! Now your seats..." The professor scanned classroom, looking for potential seats. His eyes landed on a figure with his head on the table, fast asleep. "Ah, that little..."

He glanced around for an object to throw. Lifting one of the many colorful stress balls off his desk, he lobbed it in the student's direction. Mi Young watched as the stress ball soared through the air and hit his head. She stared as his head slowly lifted from the table and locked gazes with a pair of dark emotionless eyes. Her eyes widened for a second before narrowing briefly when she realized it was the jerk who bumped into her.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ji Yong raised his head slowly and locked eyes with the girl he knocked over just thirty minutes ago. He watched as her eyes widened in recognition and a slow smirk tugged his lips. "Ah... it's you." He drawled lazily.

The professor turned to look at Mi Young. "You know each other already? Good! You can take the seat next to him. Jaemin-ssi, you can sit at the desk next to Stephanie-ssi." He shooed them away while he turned to continue writing his lesson on the blackboard.

Jaemin nudged Stephanie towards the back of the classroom. She followed woodenly. She reached her desk and sat down, refusing to look at the jerk. She busied herself by taking diligent notes and constantly looking at the blackboard, trying not to give into her urge to turn around.

Ji Yong, on the other hand, was having fun. For once, English didn't seem so boring. Now that he'd found something to entertain himself with, time seemed to pass so much faster. He found it highly amusing that the new girl seemed to squirm every time he stared at her. She seemed an unlikely contrast to the shy, awkward girl he bumped into earlier. Her total 180 degree change was startling. And he was intrigued.

There was just something familiar about her that he couldn't quite put his finger on and that bothered him. He despised the privileged and their whiny and selfish attitudes. There was absolutely no way he would let this doe-eyed, posh-looking, label- slip of girl, get under his skin. But there was definitely nothing stopping him from getting under hers. The thought of a challenge brought a wicked smirk onto his boyishly handsome face.

A wad of paper soared through the air and whacked him in the forehead. Startled, he shook himself out of his thoughts and turned his attention to the new girl. He almost laughed at the look of indignant anger on her face, but managed to disguise it in a cough.

Her expression morphed into a look of utter contempt and annoyance. "Yah! What is your problem?!" She whispered loudly.

"Problem? Me? No, I don't have a problem." Ji Yong tucked his hands behind his head and tilted his chair onto its hind legs. He grinned mockingly while he rocked back and forth. "Wae? Do you have a problem?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. Please keep your eyes to yourself.
I am not an exhibit for you to look at and I do not appreciate the creepy staring.Thank you very much." She retorted coldly.

"Well, God created such a magnificent angel, it's a shame if I don't return the favor by admiring your beauty." He stopped rocking the chair and gave her a long, intense look of appreciation. "What perfection..." He mused, locking eyes with her.

Mi Young's mouth dropped open in disgust and she swore she could hear Jaemin's muffled laughter to her left. Gritting her teeth, she shot him a look of feigned curiosity. "Is that the line you use to pick up girls?" She scoffed. "I sure hope nobody falls for crap like that."

Ji Yong shrugged arrogantly."It was worth a try." He gave her a sidelong glance. "I'm sure you get this all the time."

"What? No...what? Why would I?" She stuttered.

"Because you're beautiful." He whispered, his eyes darkening for a split second before they cleared. "Got you, didn't I?"

Mi Young's look of astounded shock changed to one of indignant anger. "Yah! Aish, chincha!"

"Admit it. You like me."

"MWO?!"
She yelled.

"Stephanie, do you have something to share with the class?" The professor called out suddenly, his eyebrow raised.

"No, seonsaengnim. I'm sorry for interrupting. Please continue." Mi Young smiled politely, nodding her head apologetically.

Once the professor turned his back to the class, she sent a withering glare in Ji Yong's direction. "Jugulleyo?" She hissed at him.

"Heh. I'm already dead. Am I in heaven? Because I see an angel looking right at me." His eyes twinkled with amusement and a boyish smile lit his face.

"Yah! Hajima!"

"No." He leaned forward in his seat and beckoned for her to come closer. She eyed him warily, but inched forward slowly. "You're gorgeous when you're angry." He whispered.

Mi Young jerked back abruptly and pushed him. "Ah, chincha!" She huffed. "You —" The bell rang, cutting off whatever swear words she was about to unleash on him.

Ji Yong laughed and got up. "Well, see you next class. I'll be looking forward to it. Later, angel!" And with that, he disappeared out the door.

She stomped her foot, frustrated. "Aish!" But after a split second, her expression became fierce. "He wants to play, huh? Hm... just wait, you stupid jerk. You'll regret messing with me."

Jaemin sighed heavily. "So much for keeping a low profile."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Cut!" Kim PD barked. "Okay, that was excellent! Good job." He nodded at Ji Yong and Tiffany.

They bobbed their head respectfully. "Kamsamnida!"

Kim PD glanced at his watch before clapping his hands. "It's getting late. So, that's a wrap for today. The scheduled press conference will be next Friday at the Imperial Palace Hotel at noon. For those who are attending, please be on time. The official script reading will be held the following Wednesday and filming will begin that Friday, unless otherwise announced. Filming schedules, with locations and specified dates and times, will be faxed to your managers by the end of today. I expect each and every one of you to come on set prepared. No excuses. That's all for today. Thank you."

They all bowed and thanked each other for their hard work. Once outside, the idol actors stood awkwardly, not knowing what else to say. Tiffany nudged Taecyeon and tipped her head slightly in Ji Yong's direction.

He nodded. "Wanna get something to eat?"

Ji Yong and TOP eyed each other, then nodded briefly. "We know a place. Wanna give it a try?" Ji Yong asked, tilting his head in the direction of his car.

"Sure! Gaja!" Tiffany replied eagerly. "I'm so hungry! Lead away~" She smiled brightly.

TOP smiled slightly, infected by her contagious happiness and began walking towards the car. The four of them talking loudly and laughing, clearly more comfortable with each other as opposed to earlier in the day. As they moved to get in the car, their rambunctious chatter and infectious laughter filled the air and was only muffled when the door closed. When everyone was sitting comfortably, Ji Yong started the car and drove away.

No one saw or heard the shuttering of a camera as it clicked away, snapping photo after photo of the infamous quartet.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So, this is really long. I did it as an apology for taking so long to update~ Mianhe, for leaving you guys hanging. It's so fun, these cliffhangers and you'll be seeing a lot more of these in the future~ >:D Anyway, so how do you like the glimpse of their characters and Nineteen Minutes, the drama? Do you like it? Hate it? Is it bad?

As I said earlier in the A/N at the top of the chapter, I'm really really sorry if the script reading part is a tad confusing. I tried to make it as clear as possible. But it was hard as it was a script reading, which meant merely reading the lines as their characters and that made it kind of hard to distinguish between the acting world of Nineteen Minutes and the script reading world. I hope it makes sense though. If not, please do let me know so that I can go back and edit it.

P.S. There is more jifany in this chapter~ [yeah, i know. Finally! :D] I hope you like~ Tell me what you think, please !

P.P.S. Can anyone guess what Jaemin's role in Mi Young's life is? -hint hint- What is his relationship with Mi Young's dad? Virtual cookies to anyone who can correctly guess his role & a bonus virtual cake for anyone who can guess Mi Young's dad's occupation. What are TOP & Ji Yong's role/occupations? Take a stab at it~ I'm just very curious as to what you guys think~ >:D

This will be crucial later on in the drama. Just saying~ >:D

Anyway, enjoy ! See you in chapter 6 ! ^^