To Accept or Reject

Nineteen Minutes

"I'm assuming you want TOP to be a part of this." YG replied knowingly.

"Yes, he was great in Iris and has much potential." Woo Jin replied.

"Oh, so you are looking for members with experience. If you want Yoona or Yuri, it may be difficult since they have their drama schedules to think about." LSM remarked, his tone tinged with regret.

"Ah, actually... I had someone else in mind." Woo Jin said, the manuscript.

"Jessica is currently resting and Soo Young is preparing for the filming of her own drama. I'm not entirely sure their schedules will match that of the production."

"I was actually thinking of casting G-Dragon and Tiffany as my leads." Woo Jin replied sheepishly.

"Oh. May I ask why?" YG asked, curiosity flooding his voice.

"I have watched all of Big Bang's music videos that contain a storyline and his acting caught my eyes. He has a certain charm that draws the viewer in. He is able to immerse himself in the role given in the MV's. What surprised me was his character portrayal in his solo, She's Gone MV where he played a killer. It was fascinating to watch. He definitely has talent."

"I understand and I can certainly agree with your assessment of G-Dragon's abilities. But I'm wondering why you are so set on casting Tiffany?" LSM remarked, confusion in his eyes.

"Ah, well. A while ago, I saw her on that program. Their Horror Factory one. It was one of the episodes in which Lee Bum Soo sunbaenim guest starred. He had SNSD act out some scenes and gave feedback. Tiffany's acting caught my attention. Her expressions and emotions were on point and although she made a mistake in her dialogue, she never faltered. Her potential may not be polished, but she already has the guts of a pro." He responded, eyes glancing towards the manuscripts.

"I see. How are you planning to do the casting call? Are you going to offer more roles before settling for an open casting call?" LSM asked.

"Yes, I have contacted Park Jin Young about casting one of his idols. But for the remaining supporting and minor roles, I will be announcing an open casting call. If TOP, G-Dragon and Tiffany accepts their roles, I will inform them of the date for the screen test and script reading."

LSM nodded in silent approval while YG's face suddenly adopted a solemn expression. "Woo Jin."

"Ah. Deh?"

"You're not doing this because of pressure, right?" He asked gently, concern marring his face.

Woo Jin opened his mouth to deny it, but no sound came out. He looked down at his hands and shook his head slowly, as if he was telling himself it wasn't true. It was only when he heard the click of a door closing that he raised his head. The room was empty except for the three of them.

He sighed. "No, it's not pressure. I—"

Both YG and LSM gave him a look of total disbelief. He shook his head again. "It's not pressure. Not really. It's... wanting to prove that I am my own person."

Their expressions softened. "We will handle the press. You focus on making this project of yours a success. We will support you."

Woo Jin smiled softly. "Thank you."

"It's what your father would've wanted." YG said, getting up.

"I will let you know if Tiffany accepts your offer." LSM replied, heading towards the door. "Ah, Woo Jin."

"Yeah?"

"I have faith in you." And with that, he was gone.

Woo Jin let out a heavy sigh. He wondered briefly if perhaps he was biting off more than he could chew
and his shoulder sagged.

"Woo Jin."

He looked up as he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Don't doubt yourself. Where is the amibition I saw in your eyes? Don't tell me you are giving up without trying." YG scolded sternly.

"Aniya. I'm not giving up." He straightened his back and stared back.

"Good. Don't let me down. I'm looking forward to working with you." He replied. " I hope to bring you good news. Good luck." Waving goodbye, he left Woo Jin in the room to muse over the magnitude of his impending project.

"I did it." Woo Jin whispered to himself. "I did it!" He looked down at the remaining manuscripts and sighed heavily. "And now comes the real battle."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MBC Studios:

"Show Show Show! Annyeong~" Tiffany, Taeyeon and Seohyun greeted, waving happily at the camera.

"Kamsamnida!" They bowed as one, thanking everyone for their hard work before heading inside the van parked outside the building.

"Aigoo. I'm so tired, I think I'll be asleep once I see my bed." Tiffany yawned, head resting on Taeyeon's shoulder.

"There, there. We'll be at the dorms soon, so you'll get to sleep all you want. Right, manager oppa?" Taeyeon said, patting Tiffany's head.

"Actually, no. We are stopping by sajangnim's office. He wishes to see Tiffany."

"Me?! Wae?! Am I in trouble?" Tiffany exclaimed, sitting up suddenly.

"He didn't say. I was only instructed to bring you there after the recording."

"Are we going too, oppa?" Seohyun asked quietly.

"No. Just Tiffany." Manager oppa replied reassuringly.

"I don't think it's something bad, Fany." Taeyeon said, trying to comfort Tiffany.

"I hope so..."

A half hour had passed before the van stopped in front of the SM building. "Wish me luck." Tiffany whispered.

"Fighting!" Taeyeon and Seohyun cheered.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The ride up the elevator was slow and dead silent. Her heels clicked loudly as she walked down the hall. She stopped slowly in front of LSM's office and knocked.

"Come in."

She opened the door and stepped inside. She bowed and greeted LSM politely. "Annyeonghaseyo, seonsaengnim."

LSM gestured towards the chairs in front of his desk. "Take a seat." Tiffany sat, hands folded in her lap.

"You can wait outside. I would like to speak with her privately." LSM said to her manager. The manager nodded respectfully and bowed before leaving the room.

"Do you know why I requested to see you?"

She shook her head slowly. "Am I in trouble?"

LSM chuckled. "Relax. You're not in trouble." He slid a stack of files towards her. "I received these from Kim Woo Jin PD. Earlier today, he requested a meeting with me and a fellow acquaintance about a possible collaboration. Why don't you take a look." He gestured towards the files in front of her.

Tiffany opened one of the files tentatively and dropped open as she realized she was holding a manuscript titled, Nineteen Minutes. She looked from the script in her hands and back to LSM, a look of utter confusion on her face.

"Kim PD has requested you to play the lead actress in his upcoming drama series."

"But, I don't have any experience in acting." She replied, still reeling from the shock.

"He sees your potential and recognizes that you may have talent in the field of acting and wishes to make his drama your acting debut. The lead role is yours, should you choose to accept his offer."

"I... I..." Tiffany didn't know what to say. Acting was something she had always wanted to try, but never had she thought she would be given an oppportunity without sufficient training.

"It's okay. You have until Monday to accept or decline his offer. Think about it before giving me your answer." LSM said reassuringly.

Tiffany got up slowly, absentmindedly putting the stack of manuscripts in her bag. "Araseo, seonsaengnim. I will let you know by Monday." She bowed and exited the office.

Her manager looked up when he heard the sound of a door opening and closing. "You okay?" He asked, seeing the look of utter disbelief on her face.

"I got casted in a drama." Tiffany murmured.

"Oh, congratulations!"

"Kamsamnida."

"Gaja. Let's get you home."

"Yeah..."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SNSD's Dorm:

Taeyeon looked up when she saw Tiffany walk into the living room. "So how was it?"

Tiffany looked at her silently, not sure how to describe her feelings. "Can we talk in private?"

Taeyeon nodded and let herself be led into Tiffany's room. "It couldn't have been that bad." Taeyeon said, sitting cross-legged on Fany's bed.

"It wasn't."

"Then what's wrong?"

"I got casted in an upcoming drama called Nineteen Minutes." Tiffany mumbled, reaching inside her bag and handing her the script.

"That's great! You've always wanted to try acting. Now you have the chance!" Taeyeon replied cheerily, fingers flipping through the manuscript.

"But what if I'm terrible? I have no experience whatsoever. I'm not trained in acting, not like Yoona." She plopped facedown next to Taeyeon.

"Well, you must have some talent since the PD casted you himself. He even went to convince sajangnim first. That's saying something."

"I guess..." Tiffany's voice sounded unenthused, even from under the pillow.

"Yah! This is a great opportunity to show a new side of you to fans. It was practically handed to you on a silver platter." Taeyeon whacked a pillow over her head. "What did sajangnim say?"

Tiffany rolled over. "He gave me until Monday to decide."

"Hm..." Taeyeon glanced at her. "Have you even read the script yet?"

"No..."

"Maybe you should. Read it and get to know what kind of role you'll be playing. Then decide whether or not you want to accept or reject the offer." Taeyeon patted Tiffany's hair and got up to leave. "Read it while I go tell the girls this good news."

The door clicked shut and Tiffany was left alone. She sighed and reached for the script and began reading. Not even halfway through the first page, she gasped and sat up. She reread the lines three times before reaching for her phone and dialed a number.

"Yeoboseyo. This is SM Entertainment, Kang Ri In speaking. How may I help you?"

"Ah. This is Tiffany from SNSD. I would like to speak with Lee Soo Man seonsaengnim please?"

"Is he expecting you?"

"Yes, he is."

"Please hold."

Tiffany flipped idly through the manuscript, not reading the words as she waited for the lame jingle music to stop.

"Yeoboseyo."

"Ah. Sajangnim. It's Tiffany."

"Deh, Tiffany. Have you decided?"

"Deh. I would like to accept the role."

"Good, good. I'll let Kim PD know that you have accepted. When Kim PD has decided on a date for the script reading and screen test, I will let you know."

"Kamsamnida, sajangnim. I will work hard."

"Good. That's what I want to hear. You can use this time to familiarize yourself with the script. Get a feel for your character. You are not expected to memorize your lines since Kim PD has yet to cast actors in all his roles. At least until the script reading. So take it easy."

"I will, sajangnim. Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

Tiffany let out a breath of relief and glanced at the script again. "In nineteen minutes, you can stop the world; or you can just jump off it. In nineteen minutes, you can fall in love. In nineteen minutes, you can have the whole world in your hands... and lose it altogether." She read softly to herself.

She smiled. She was loving the story already. Glancing at the clock, Tiffany gasped and hurriedly gathered the manuscripts, setting them on her desk before climbing into bed. Just before she closed her eyes, a thought came suddenly to her and she shrieked in horror, "Oh my God! I forgot to ask who was casted as the lead actor!"

Taeyeon laughed quietly from next door. "Fany ah. Have fun~ Fighting!"
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the same time @ Big Bang's Dorm:

Niga saranghaneun naneun sorry I'm a bad boy

"Yah! Ji Yong hyung! Is that your phone? Pick it up. I can't hear the television." Seungri whined, glaring in the direction of the sound.


Geurae charari tteona jal gayo you're a good girl

"Ji Yong! Your phone's ringing! Pick it up before our maknae decides to do something drastic to it." Taeyang called, hoping Ji Yong wasn't in his soundproof producing room.

"Aish. Just pick up for him." TOP said, waving a hand at the still ringing phone.

Baby don't leave me yeoboseyo." Taeyang replied, eyes darting around the living room, hoping Ji Yong heard all the noise and came out.

"Y
eoboseyo, Ji Yong?" A voice he respected flooded the earpiece.

"Ani, hyung. It's Young Bae."

"Ah, Young Bae.
Where is Ji Yong? I have something to discuss with him."

"He's probably in his room producing music or something. Let me get him." Taeyang replied, walking to Ji Yong's room and knocked loudly.

He pressed his ear against the door and listened. Hearing nothing, he shrugged and opened the door. "Ji Yong—" Taeyang called, stopping when he realized Ji Yong wasn't busy producing music or writing lyrics. Instead, he was greeted to the sight of his best friend sprawled on top of his bedsheets, fast asleep.

"Aish. Always working so hard. He should've told us he was tired." He tiptoed to the side of the bed and gently shook Ji Yong's shoulder. "Ji Yong! Ji Yong!" He whispered loudly. "Yah. Wake up. Hyung is on the phone and he wants to talk to you." Taeyang shook his shoulder, this time harder.

"Yah! Kwon Ji Yong! If you don't wake up, I'm gonna scribble all over your music sheets." Taeyang threatened.

Ji Yong groaned, but made no move to get up.

"I'm gonna give you three seconds. One—"

"Young Bae."

"Yeah, hyung." Taeyang replied.

"Put me on speaker and put the phone next to his ear."

"Ah, araseo." And he did as he was told.

"Ji Yong. If you don't wake up, I will give you two strikes. You have five seconds. One. Two. Three. Four. F
—"

Ji Yong groaned and sat up. "Hyung! Hyung! I'm awake. Please stop counting."

Taeyang gestured towards the door, signaling that he's leaving. Ji Yong nodded and waved him away. "I'm up, hyung. What's the emergency?"

"It's not an emergency. I'm calling to ask if you received the files from your manager? Did you have a chance to look through them?"


"Files? What— " Ji Yong looked around his room and spotted a stack of files on his desk. "Ah yeah. I see them. But I didn't get a chance to look at them. What are they for?" He asked, getting up to grab one off the pile and flipped it open.

"I was at a meeting earlier today with Kim PD about his upcoming drama. He came to me with an offer to cast you and TOP as the lead actors."

"
Mwo?! Me? Are you serious? Hyung, I am not an actor. I have no interest in acting, at least not right now. Besides, I don't have any experience." Ji Yong exclaimed, closing the manuscript loudly.

"I am aware of that. And yes, I am very serious. You have talent and Kim PD recognized it. This is a great opportunity to broaden your abilities."

"But what about our schedules? We're still promoting and we're already juggling between domestic promotions and Japanese promotions. How do I or TOP hyung even have time for this?"

"You don't have to worry about that. Production as well as filming dates have yet to be confirmed. Kim PD has only just begun preliminary cast calls as of today. He has yet to confirm any actors for his roles. Should you and TOP accept, a screen test as well as a script reading will be arranged and a date will be announced. By then, your promotions will have started to wind down."

"I see... Do I have to decide right now?"

"No. Why don't you read the script and see if you like it. I have to inform TOP of Kim PD's offer. Call me when you've decided." With that, YG hung up. Leaving Ji Yong to muse over everything.

"A drama, huh?" He murmured, the half crumpled manuscript in his hands. He sat there staring at the script for ten minutes before running his hand in his hair, frustrated. "Aish! I'll just skim through it."

In nineteen minutes, you can have the whole world in your hands...and lose it altogether. He paused and reread the line. Interest piqued, Ji Yong glanced at the clock and decided to call YG back. "Hyung, about the drama..."

"You accept."

"Deh. It sounds interesting. I'll use this opportunity to see if I like acting."

"Great. I'll let Kim PD know and when we work out a schedule, we will let you know."

"Okay. Ah, hyung..."

"What is it?"

"You never told me who Kim PD-nim casted as the lead actress."

YG smiled knowingly. "You'll find out soon enough. Besides, I haven't received word from Kim PD about a confirmation yet."

"I see. Okay then. Kamsamnida, hyung. For the opportunity."

"Don't thank me just yet. Just work hard and prove to me that you deserve this."

"Deh, hyung. Please look forward to seeing a new image. Annyeong, hyung."

"Annyeong." Click. YG smiled to himself. This will be an interesting year. His phone buzzed and he smiled. Scanning his contact list for Kim PD, he sent a text confirming Ji Yong's and TOP's acceptance and waited. Ten minutes later, a grin threatened to split his face in two. Kim PD had just sent a reply back confirming Tiffany's and JYP's mysterious talent's acceptance in the drama.

"Maybe Ji Yong will be able to learn something from this." YG speculated knowingly. "Ah, yes. What an interesting year this will be."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Aigoo yah. I think this is ridiculously long and I was very tempted to end it after Tiffany's reaction, but I decided that would make the next chapter choppy and reluctantly put GD's reaction so the story would flow better. I hope this chapter doesn't too much. The story will start to pick up perhaps next chapter as I have something planned [like maybe JiFany meeting ? >:D lols] so yeah.

Please read & review. Constructive criticism is welcome as always. If you flame me, I will use it to roast marshmallows and they will be deleted. :D

-goes off to write chapter 3- see you next chapter~ ^^