The Proposal

Nineteen Minutes

The room was silent but for the sounds of papers rustling as fingers thumbed through the pages of what looked like a manuscript. The production team and writers sat anxiously, squirming in the presence of two of the most powerful people in the entertainment industry.

The PD swallowed before asking nervously, "So what do you think? Is it possible?"

The rustling sounds of paper stopped as the manuscripts were placed firmly on the table. A chair squeaked as one of the men leaned forward, eyes staring straight at him. "You are very ambitious, Woo Jin. I like that." Yang Hyun Suk replied calmly.

Woo Jin waited for the rejection to come and sighed softly.

"This has potential." Came a solemn voice. Woo Jin's head swiveled to the previously silent man sitting idly next to YG.

"I'm assuming since Yang-goon and I are both here, you are thinking of a collaboration in this...project of yours, correct?" Lee Soo Man said, flipping the manuscript closed.

"That is correct, sir." Woo Jin replied, glancing up at LSM.

"Hm... and why should I take such a big risk to invest in this project?"

Here it was. The question his team had been waiting for. Woo Jin straightened in his seat and leaned forward. "I am aware that I am proposing this idea to two of the biggest entertainment companies in the industry. Both of your companies have been responsible for creating a multitude of extremely gifted people. This is a major risk. A 50/50 chance of success or failure is not what you want to hear. I know that. But my gut is telling me not to give up. This has potential to become a huge hit. All I'm asking for is a chance to prove it. Please."

"How do you plan on dealing with the fans?" LSM asked, his gaze sharpening with a sudden fierceness that unnerved Woo Jin.

"A collaboration has always been what the fans wanted, ever since 2007 when they were guests for two programs. Their interactions sparked a new fandom and they've been longing for a chance to see them work together since then. I am confident that news of this will bring happiness to the fans that have been waiting silently for this opportunity. However, I am also aware of the repercussions this collaboration may bring in terms of anti's. I hope that this project will be a step towards allowing fans to see things objectively and give them a chance to simply enjoy the work their artists are producing." Woo Jin replied slowly, eyes scanning both faces for any sign of expression.

"Who do you have in mind?" YG asked after a silent conversation passed between him and LSM.

Woo Jin was so caught off guard by the silent approval, he stuttered. "Ah, eh. Deh?!"

YG smiled. "Kim-goon, who do you have in mind for this project of yours?" He gestured to the stack of manuscripts in front of them.

He cleared his throat nervously. "Well, I have some people in mind, but I would certainly like your opinion."

"And they are..." LSM prompted dryly.

"Big Bang and SNSD."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: well, here's the first chapter. I am aware this is a boring chapter. But I needed to set up the story. Yes, Kim Woo Jin is an OC I created for the sake of this story. He will play a minor part in this story.

BTW, just a warning. If things go smoothly, I am expecting that this will be a long, slow paced story. I'm not particularly good at writing short stories at a max of 10 chapters. So in order to flesh out the characters and my story, yes, this has potential to be a really long story. If long and slow pace is not your cup of tea, you can hit the back button right now.

Short chapters seem to be what I am writing and posting now. But that's because this is the initial set up. Chapters will be longer from the next chapter onwards [I hope].

As I said previously, it's been a long time since I wrote a story on here, so I'm like really rusty. Please read & review. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM is always welcome. If you flame me, I will use it to roast marshmallows and they will be deleted.

This A/N is too long. Yikes. So anyway, thank you for reading & the next chapter will be posted soon. ^^