Necklace.

A Night Without A Million Raindrops

After five periods having done and lying to teachers about Kwangmin, he finally returned. He walked through the door with a big smile and plopped his binders onto my table. I looked up from my paper and stared at him. 

'That's about time.' I muttered. I went back to write some review about that experiment that I just did. It has cost me a lot of tears. Stupid onion. 

Kwangmin chuckled and leant onto his arms and bent his head a little down. 'Don't be mad. I'm sorry that I'm a little late.' he apologized. 

I sighed and looked up at him with an irritated look. 'You know, teachers are suspecting us, buddy.' I warned him. Kwangmin nodded and smacked his lips. 'I know, I know,' he turned him around and looked at the black board. 'But I can make eveyrthing alright. Just ask Jinyoung to write a paper for me and, done!' he said while he pointed with his finger in the air, like he was putting a dot behind his sentence. 

I lifted an eyebrow at him and took my books from my table since the bell had rang. 'Why are you soo happy about?' I asked him. Kwangmin shrugged his shoulders and bent his head sideways. 'Am I?' he asked me with a dumb smile. 

I rolled with my eyes and walked past him. 'Anyways, you got a lot to catch up. Here is your homeworkpapers.' I said while I flapped the papers from my between my book and handed it over to Kwangmin. He looked confused at the papers and then looked back at me. 

'I don't get these tasks.' he pouted. I rolled with my eyes again and pinched his cheek. 'Then why did you ditch the first periods?' I teased. Kwangmin sighed and put an arm around my shoulder while we walked out of our class. 'Fine,' he muttered.

I smiled victoriously and looked through the hallways. 'But why did you actually ditch that?' I asked him, curiously. Kwangmin laughed and pinched my cheek. 

'Nothing, Jinyoung had something in his house but he couldn't get it from his attic so I got to help him.' he explained. I nodded and opened my locker when we had reached mine. 

Kwangmin leant onto the locker next to mine and put his head against it. 'So, after school, a date?' he asked me. I was too busily packing my stuff and had only heard half of his sentence. 

'Yeah, sure.' I muttered. But then something hit me. 'W-ait, what?' I asked him back. Kwangmin stood up and rubbed his neck. 'What?' he asked back. 

I frowned my forehead and looked at him. 'You said something.' I pointed out. Kwangmin nodded and thought about it. 'Yeah, I asked you if we had an appointment after school.' he smiled. 

I frowned my forehead as that word "appointment" didn't come into my memories. 'No, you didn't say appointment.' I protested. Kwangmin nodded heavily and  chuckled. 'No, I really did.' 

'But-'

'Let's go eating! I'm hungry!' Kwangmin exclaimed, trying to change subject. He slammed my locker close and put an arm around my shoulder and pushed me into direction to the canteen, or that is what I thought. 

I looked confused as I stood in front of a board, saying teachers lounge. I raised an eyebrow and looked back at Kwangmin. 'What are we doing here?' I asked him. Kwangmin smiled and pushed me to the teachers lounge. I protested and tried to escape but due his strenght, I didn't have any match. 

And then, I stood in a lounge with a lot of teachers. 'Why don't we eat with noona and JInyoung?' he asked me. I widened my eyes as I saw them already between the teachers, sitting in a couch, closely next to them. 

'I-I don't think it's a good idea.' I tried, while scrabbling back. Kwangmin laughed and pushed me more, making me stumble forwards, disturbing the two being lovey-dovey. They glared at me like sculptures. 

I gulped and took a snort and slapped Kwangmin on his arm. He flinched and looked at me shocked while his mouth spoke the words "Auwtch" silently. 'That really hurt.' he pouted. 

I looked at my arm and didn't know that I had hit him so hardly but what do you want, he had made me very frustrated today. I sighed and shook my head. Yoona stood up and clasped her hands. 'Why don't you sit with us?' she asked me cheerful. 

We both nodded and I sat down silently while I could feel his glare being focused on me. I ignored his glare and looked at Kwangmin with a glare of "I'm so going to kill you when I get out of here". Kwangmin chuckled and put a sandwhich in his mouth and looked at me innocently. 

I slit my eyes but only in the perspective that Kwangmin could see and then finally gave it up and opened my backpack. I bent down and took out my lunchbox. 

'Hey,' Yoona suddenly said. I look up from my pose and stared at her. 

She stood up and bent down to me. She looked at my neck and grabbed with her fingers onto my necklace that I forgot that I was wearing it today. 

'It's beautiful.' she gasped while she gaped at it with a mouth open. I lifted my eyebrow and smiled. 

'Thanks,' I awkwardly said while she backed behind and I sat up right. I grabbed the necklace that Jinyoung had given me into my hands and even Kwangmin was wowed by its appearance. 

'Where did you get that? It looks so expensive.' he responded. I smiled and looked down while I peeked glances at Jinyoung from under my eyelashes. He smiled and looked at me surprised like he wasn't expecting me to wear his necklace. 

'Tell me, where did you get that necklace? I surely need one like that too.' Yoona insisted excited. I smiled weakly and grabbed the necklace tighter. 

'I... got it from a friend.' I responded. Kwangmin lifted an eyebrow and looked at me in disbelief. 'Just a friend?' he asked. 

I nodded and this time a little more secure of it. Kwangmin laughed and didn't ask any more question. He proceeded to eat and Yoona too while they spoke about another subject.

Jinyoung and I were the only ones who stayed silent and looked at each other withg a smile.

 

(...)

 

'Kwangmin, what takes you so long?' I asked myself while I stood near a bench in the park that we had told each other to meet up after school. I looked at the beautiful scenery and couldn't hold me in to throw a rock into the ocean. I hear it plop into the ocean and stared at it for a time before I turned myself and leant onto the rails.

The wind was blowing in my hair and I enjoyed every moment that passed. I couldn't help but to smile and held onto my necklace that Jinyoung gave me. Everyone told me that it looked very beautiful and even Yoona was wowed. I chuckled against myself while I stared through the park. 'Maybe are relationship is stronger than we thought.' I muttered with a relieved sigh. That feeling that you could just overcome everything, that feeling-...

'____~ah!' Kwangmin said next to my ear. I jumped up and slided a few inches from him away. Due my daydreaming, I hadn't noticed Kwangmin approach me earlier. I slapped his arm and pouted.

'Never scare me like that!' I warned him. Kwangmin stuck out his tongue and laughed. 'Scaredy-cat!' he teased.

I pouted again and grabbed his arm. 'So, what are we going to do?' I asked him curiously. Kwangmin shrugged his shoulders and walked with me along the park.

'Do you like hotdogs?' he asked me casually. I smiled and nodded. 'Since when are you so into American food?' I asked him while raising an eyebrow.

Kwangmin laughed and pinched my cheek. 'Aigooo! Don't ask me so much questions! Anyways, Youngmin was the first one who had tried it and later on, pushed me to taste it and who would knew I would like it.' he told me.

I smiled and stood still when we had reached an hot dog stander. The man behind it looked at us smiling and was already holding a tube of mustard. 'So, young people, what brings you here?' he asked us.

Kwangmin laughed and blinked with his eyes twice. The man laughed and proceeded his job as if he knew what we were going to order. I looked confused at Kwangmin and the man but decided to let it go since it was already a frustrated day for me.

The man turned him around and gave us hotdogs. I accepted it with a smile but then the man conjured a flower from out of his long sleeve. It was a red rose.

'For you my lady, requested by a special person.' he smiled while handing me the rose. I frowned my forehead in confusion and looked at Kwangmin while I accepted the rose. Kwangmin just shrugged his shoulders and smiled brightly.

'T-thank you.' I said awkwardly and totally confused. We turned us around and went through the park with our hot dogs. 'Well, that was weird.' I told Kwangmin.

He just shrugged and smiled. 'You like roses, don't you?' he asked me. I nodded and looked at him suspicious. 'Yeah but accepting it from a stranger is kind of... awkward.' I admitted while holding a long pause at the end of my sentence.

Kwangmin smiled and just shook his head. We proceeded our walks until I had realized that my hotdog was way too fast intomy stomach. I didn't realize that I was so hungry and the funny part is, I'm still craving for more food.

Kwangmin had noticed that and brought me to a restaurant. It was almost half past seven, the sun was slowly going down, making a orange glow across the sky. I supported my chin with my fist while I stared out of the window. Kwangmin had reserved this table to my surprise but I was too awed with the scenery that I didn't ask further anymore.

We ordered food and Kwangmin was looking at me the whole time and I would about that the whole time. He always answered me with a shrug or a bright smile which I somehow found it a little creepy.

We had our dinner and I was actually the first one to finish the dish, although we had ordered the same dish. I was surprised with myself and wordered why I was eating so much. Probably my periods coming soon.

It was night already, the street was only lightened with some lights while I was still sitting in the restaurant with Kwangmin, waiting for our dessert. The candle in the middle of our table got lightened up by a young waiter who had served us the whole night. The glow of the fire made a special blush across Kwangmin and I wasn't sure if it was actually the candle who did that or Kwangmin who was really blushing. 

'______~ah.' Kwangmin muttered, trying to get my attention. I was once again daydreaming but soon snapped out of it by his muttering tone. It had some sort of sweet and soothing sound under it and made me instantly calm and warm.

I looked at him and smiled. 'This is really a very nice dinner. It was really a good thing of you to reserve this table or else I would have starved.' I joked with a over dramatic tone. Kwangmin smiled and showed his cute baby fangs. His eyes twinkled and reflected the light from the candle.

'There has been something I wanted to tell you for a long time. I couldn't bring myself to say it or we were always disturbed but tonight, nothing can go wrong, I feel it.' Kwangmin smiled.

I looked at him surprised and stayed silent.

'We have been best friends for so many years and... what I am going to say is something very important. It can crush our friendship or make our bond very awkward but I want you to promise me, what I am going to say, if you reject it that we will still remain friends and go on like nothing had happened.' he told me.

I nodded and gave him my word. 'Alright, I promise.' I said with a honest heart.

Kwangmin smiled and looked into my eyes. 'I have a crush on you since middle school and I wonder if you would like to date me?' he carefully asked.

I widened my eyes and my jaw dropped a little. I was astonished, no surprised that he had a crush on me but also sad because my heart already belonged to someone else than him. 

'I...I...don't know what to say..' I stuttered. 'This is really,...'

Kwangmin smiled and held my hands when they were laying on the table. 'Didn't you see this coming? All those clues you got today, that rose, that teddybear,...' he went on.

'Was that all your idea?' I asked him. Kwangmin nodded and smiled brightly. 'I just want my confession to be perfect.' he told me.

I smiled and was amazed at how sweet he was. I have never noticed that in him. I thought that he would be more cheerful and playful, but I guess I was wrong.

I still didn't know what to say. My best friend just confessed to me but I have fallen in love with his childhoodfriend. How can I ever explain th-...

'You can think about it.' Kwangmin smiled like he could read my mind.

I looked at him relieved and smiled. 'Thank you.' I said while squeezing his hands.

Kwangmin shook his head and smiled. He bent in and kissed my cheek that made my face feel burning.

'Dessert is here.' he whispered. I looked up and smiled at the waiter who served us the dessert. It was chocolate cheese cake, served with homemade whipped cream and fresh plucked strawberries from their garden. It was very pretty and the taste was delightful.

Soon we went home and after Kwangmins confessions, there wasn't one moment awkwardness between us. Kwangmin had planned this very well and prevented those awkward moments. I feel bad for loving Jinyoung instead of this boy who had always loved me and guess what, no .

 

'So did you know what the teddybear told that man after he had dug his hole?' Kwangmin asked me chuckling, trying to hold his laughter. I laughed and shook his head. 

'He said, where is my hole now?' Kwangmin joked with made us both broke into laughter. I have realized that we have reached my home and it was time to say goodbye.

Kwangmin bent in to kiss my cheek but stopped midway while he stared at my door. I looked at him confused and followed his gaze.

'Is it normal that your door is open at this hour?' he asked me. I frowned my forehead and turned at the door. I pushed it open and with a crack my door slid wide open. Kwangmin held onto my arm and pulled me slowly behind him.

'Be careful.' he told me. I nodded as I bit my lip. What happened, why is my house open?

Kwangmin slowly walked into my house with me behind him. When we stood in the hallway, I yelled for my mom, to see if she was home. There was no answer back. I became worried and clenched me onto Kwangmin who walked into my house. It was dark and to my surprise, we didn't bump into furnitures on our way to the switch button for light.

When we finally had reached the light button, Kwangmin turned it on, revealing my empty house and with empty, I really meant empty empty. There was nothing, no furniture, no television, nothing.

I gasped as Kwangmin looked shocked around the house. 'Are you being robbed?' he asked me shocked.

I turned myself around in panick and yelled for my mom. There was still no answer again. I ran up the stairs, hopefully to see my mom, lying on the floor sleeping from the alcohol, but when I had reached her room, it was empty also.

I walked over to my room and pushed my door open. Kwangmin went to stand behind me while I looked at my room in disbelief. There was nothing. Really nothing until a yellow paper caught my eyes.

It was stuck onto the wall with some tape where my closet used to be. I walked over it and pulled it off from the wall. With one eyesight, I knew that this note was written by my mom.

 

 

Mehehe, please look forward to the next chapter ^^

Thanks for commenting and subscribing, thank you, mind continueing supporting? :D

Bye bye! ^^