Chapter 8.

Please Stay With Me.

Please Stay With Me | Chapter 8

Because of our big basketball and soccer game, school ended an hour earlier, at 2pm. Straight after school I headed home to help prepare for the departure party. When I got home, I realised that almost everything was prepared. The foods and drinks were on the table in the living room, there were balloons and all these party streamers hanging on the roof. It's like as if our departure is something worth celebrating, when clearly, it is not.
 
All I needed to do was have a shower, get dressed and all that. I went upstairs to my room and found a white tube dress lying on top of my bed. I gasped and my eyes widened at how pretty it was. It was a silky material dress and by the looks of it, I could tell it's one of those tight dresses that clearly shows your figure. There's a black bow on the left side of the dress, where your s are.
 
I love bows.
 
I stopped admiring the dress and quickly went to my ward drobe and took our my under garments, then went to the bathroom with the dress. After drying myself, I slipped into the dress and it fitted me perfectly. I guess my Mum still knew my size well.
 
When I went back into my room, I noticed my Mum walking up and down in my room, obviously impatiently waiting for me. She pulled me into the seat in front of my make up table and took out the hair curler, and started curling the ends of my hair.
 
After my hair was finished, she wanted to apply make up but I stopped her. She sighed and just left the room. I let out a sigh of relief and stood up checking my reflection off the mirror, the dress is really pretty. Through the mirror, I noticed a pair of white heels lying beside the end of my bed.
 
I turned around and walked up to it. Without hesitating, I slipped both my feet into it. I checked the time on the clock that was hanging on the wall, it was five past 5pm. Suddenly, I started to hear noises coming from downstairs, so I'm assuming the guests are starting to arrive one by one.
 
I took a deep breath and slowly went downstairs.
 
I went to the living room to see Jessica and her parents there, they were always the first guests to arrive at any party we held. Jessica and I went to the kitchen and started talking.
 
"What's this party for?" she asked curiously.
 
I still didn't tell Jessica anything yet, I wasn't brave enough to do so. I didn't want her to know that I'm leaving and most of all, I didn't want her to know I'm getting married soon to someone who I still haven't met or seen yet. I don't know if my Mum is going to announce it later during the party, but I might as well tell Jessica.
 
"Departure party," I said softly.
 
"W—What?!" she shouted in English. "You're leaving?"
 
"Mum forced me to, I have no choice..."
 
"B—"
 
Before Jessica could finish her sentence, she was cut off by someone else calling my name. I sighed knowing who the voice belonged to, but I tried to keep calm.
 
"Jennifer."
 
I forced a smile and turned around to face him and immediately, my jaws dropped. I stared at him in disbelief. He looked more amazing in his black suit, black business top, black pants, and black leather shoes. He's so gorgeous, even in black.
 
"Um... hey," I said softly.
 
He started walking up to us, and I started to take a few steps back and stood behind Jessica. She stared at me like as if I'm a weirdo. She too, wasn't too happy to see him in front of us. Jessica still doesn't know that I confessed to Jaejoong last time, and I didn't tell her anything about Jaejoong liking me. This has got to be the most awkward situation ever.
 
Suddenly, he arrived.
 
"Jennifer!" he shouted across the kitchen.
 
I grinned happily as soon as I saw him standing there in his white suit. I started to walk up to him and linked our arms together, though I didn't really want to, but I had to.
 
"Donghae! You're late," I faked a grumpy face.
 
"Sorry princess," he pinched my nose.
 
We giggled at each other for a while, then turned to look at Jessica and Jaejoong. They stared at us like as if we're insane. We are, we're being driven insane. Maybe just me.
 
"What's this?" Jessica and Jaejoong asked at the same time.
 
"You guys... going out?" Jessica asked and jumped on the spot.
 
Donghae and I turned to look at each other and laughed, then we turned back to the other two and just simply nodded. Jessica clapped and congratulated us, while Jaejoong stood there dumbfounded. I wanted to walk up to him and tell him everything is a lie, but I couldn't.
 
I was stuck with Donghae for the whole night acting all lovey dovey in front of everyone. Every time I look around the living room, I'll see Jaejoong's pair of eyes on us. It hurts me to see him like that but at the same time, I feel happy that he cares, that he's jealous.
 
But I'm left wondering myself, is this the right thing to do?
 
I tried to ignore his gazes and went on with my act. Suddenly, the music stopped and the lights dimmed. Moments later, I see my Mum standing at the very front of the living room, with a microphone in front of her. I started to shiver.
 
"Thank you everyone for coming to this party. I would like to announce something important," she paused. "My daughters, Nicole and Jennifer, are moving to San Francisco with me tonight. Our plane is leaving at 1am, please enjoy the rest of the hours of this party," she said.
 
Everyone started applauding then the music and lights came back on again, and that's when I felt a rather cold hand against my wrist pulling me up. I watched as he pulled me outside of the house, and to the front yard.
 
He stopped his tracks and kept his back facing me, I cluelessly stared at him. I wanted to hug him from the back, I wanted to explain to him and tell him that I don't want to leave.
 
"Are you gonna explain?" he asked.
 
I didn't reply and kept quiet. A minute later, he seemed annoyed with my silence so he started to turn around and looked down into my eyes. I tried to keep our distance, minimum is one metre apart.
 
"ARE YOU?!" he raised his voice.
 
I panicked and my eyes widened, but I tried to stay calm. I looked away from his eyes, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to find the words to retort back at him if I look at them, they're strong enough to kill me.
 
"No," I simply replied.
 
He took a step forward and held my head in between his hands, and turned my head around so our eyes met. I pulled his hands down and glared at him.
 
"I'm not letting you leave me again," he simply said.
 
"Stop trying."
 
"Why do you have to be like this? Why couldn't you wait longer for me? Why did you choose to move on? Why are you giving up so easily while I'm here waiting for you and trying to pull you back? Why can't you be as persistent as me?" he bombarded me with questions.
 
"You're wrong," I sighed.
 
His eyes widened and stared at me in disbelief. His pair of eyes was glistering under the moonlight, while my eyes were close to tearing. I won't let my voice betray me this time, I won't let him feel like I still want him in my life. I won't let him know how much I'm sacrificing, I can't let him know the reasons behind my actions.
 
"Did you forget all about the two weeks after I confessed to you? Did you forget your actions? You're the one that kept me waiting, and I'm sorry that I couldn't wait any longer. You're the one that pushed me away from you, you refused to talk to me yet, you're here blaming me when it's your fault we're like this now," I said angrily.
 
He became speechless and continued looking at me, trying to tell whether I'm acting or not.
 
"It's not my fault Jaejoong, it's yours..." I whispered.
 
Suddenly, both of his hands started holding onto both my wrists. He bent a little lower so our eyes became leveled with each other. We merely stared at each other for a few more seconds, I looked into each of his eyes, they were shining, and I wanted to cry.
 
"I know you still have feelings for me. Why are you doing this?" he asked.
 
I shook his hands off of my wrist and calmly took a step back.
 
"You're wrong. I'm over you."
 
He straightened himself up and his whole face's expression turned back to normal. It went back to emotionless and I couldn't tell whether he was upset or angry. Did he choose to not care a single bit anymore?
 
"Stop lying to yourself," he said softly.
 
Actually, I wasn't lying to myself at all. I knew for sure that I still had feelings for him, I knew for sure that I didn't move on or anything. He was in my heart all along, and that's not going to change for the time being.
 
His pair of eyes started to shine more and before I realised, I noticed tears were threatening to fall. Seeing a tear slid down from his left eye, made my heart hurt. It hurt so much. I wanted to wipe it away for him, but instead, a tear fell from my eye. Luckily Jaejoong was too busy wiping his tear, so he didn't see me wiping it.
 
"Donghae is the one I love, we're moving to San Francisco together," I said calmly.
 
I quickly turned around because I didn't want to see his expression to my words. I was ready to leave, but then I felt something hard against my back and a pair of arms around my waist. I jumped a little. At that moment, I wanted the time to pause, I wanted to be in his arms a little longer. But reality didn't allow us to be together.
 
"Did you forget about our hug in the main hall earlier today? I thought you gave me another chance..." he whispered into my ear.
 
My tears continued to fall but I looked up to the sky to stop them. I ignored whatever he said and unwrapped his arms. I started walking up to the front porch and before I entered the house, Donghae came walking out. He noticed the tears in my eyes and didn't bother to ask anymore, I guess he saw Jaejoong standing in the front yard. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and took me inside the house.
 
"PLEASE STAY WITH ME!" Jaejoong shouted.
 
If he said it earlier, we wouldn't have to go through all these hardships together. If only he didn't reject me when I confessed to him, I can imagine how happy we could be. I ignored Jaejoong's words and forced my legs to continue walking into the house.
 
Donghae's whole body hovered over me and his arms were around me, we dodged all the guests and tried to hid my crying and ugly face from them. We went upstairs to my room and I dropped to the ground. I started crying while screaming, but thankfully the music was louder than my irritating voice.
 
"AHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed in between sobs.
 
I looked down to the tiles on the floor, and watched as a little puddle started to form with my tears. My heart was aching and it felt like it was going to stop beating, it felt heavy and pressured. I couldn't breathe properly, my asthma was coming to me again.
 
I inhaled and exhaled deeply, Donghae noticed this and went rushing to my desk to look for my asthma puffer. I took a few puffs and finally calmed down. Suddenly, Donghae bent down and wrapped his arms around me from behind. I slowly leaned back, and rested my head against his hard chest. I closed my eyes and the tears continued to slide.
 
"Is this the right thing to do?" I asked him.
 
-
 
The party was ending, and I stood by the front door and watch as each of my friends leave. We shared a friendly hug. I checked the time on my watch, it was 11:17pm. One and half more hour till my plane will be leaving. The thought just really hurts. As I kept saying goodbye to my friends, I heard someone whispered something.
 
"Are you gonna send her off at the airport?" I realised it was Jessica.
 
I was left wondering who she was asking. I was too scared to turn around to look, but for some reason, I was just hoping she wasn't asking him. I was waiting for a reply, I was waiting to hear their voice.
 
"Yes."
 
Why is that, the person who I least expect, is always the one? Why must he say reply with a positive answer? I don't want him to be at the airport, it'll just be harder for the two of us. I don't want to say goodbye to him, because saying goodbye is one of the hardest things to do.