Chapter 12.

Please Stay With Me.

Please Stay With Me | Chapter 12

"Who are you?"
 
From my heart skipping a beat, to my heart stopped beating completely. I was like a little kid lost in the forest, I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know whether I was just hearing things, although I wish I was. Those three words came from him, Kim Jaejoong, the man I least expected.
 
"Is there a chance that... maybe we've met before?" he asked cluelessly.
 
He started walking back and stood before me. I took a deep breath and looked into both of his eyes, they were so innocent, so pure. He looked down at me and softly smiled. I kept quiet, I didn't know what to say. Is Jaejoong purposely saying all this stuff to piss me off? Because he's got me upset rather than angry.
 
What's happening? Did Jaejoong forget me? Or did something else happen...
 
"Um—" he cut me off.
 
"I don't think I've seen you before..." he whispered.
 
One short sentence coming from him already had a huge impact on me. Whether it's positive or negative, I'll never forget it. What he's saying is really tearing me apart. I don't want to believe all this. Why is Jaejoong acting like as if he doesn't know me?
 
When clearly, we fell in love with each other. I feel deep, deep in love with him. I'll never forget the days two years ago, and if Jaejoong really meant what he said that night, he wouldn't forget me too. What am I saying, he's clearly trying to play a game with me. I'll play along.
 
"Of course you haven't, I don't even know you."
 
"Oh," he said, surprised. "But why do I get this unexplainable feeling whenever I see you, which is only two times..."
 
I hissed and stared at him unbelievebly, he's kidding. Is he saying all that because I'm playing along, and acting like as if I don't know who he is? Is he purposely doing all this to break my heart for revenge, because I left him? You want to know why, Jaejoong? Maybe it's because...
 
"...and I never get this feeling around my girlfriend."
 
I laughed.
 
"How am I supposed to know wh—"
 
I stopped in the middle of my sentence when I noticed what just came out of his mouth. It took me a few seconds to realise what he actually said. Girlfriend? Are you serious? You're really going to far, I can't take this anymore.
 
But what if.. he's really serious.
 
"Are you sure we haven't met before? I think—"
 
"JAEJOONGGGG!"
 
Someone shouted and stopped him in the middle of his sentence. Both of us turned to the direction from where we thought we heard that voice coming from. We watched as she started running up to us, I didn't want to believe my eyes. The closer she got, the more I knew I had to face reality. I looked at him, he had a bright smile plastered onto his face. A smile even I myself, haven't seen before.
 
She linked her arms with his, and I just stared at how lovey dovey they were. I took a step back, I don't know these two anymore. I looked at her, I don't want to believe it. She stopped giggling at him and turned to me, her eyes widened as well. She turned to look up at Jaejoong, then at me, then down to the ground, and back up at me.
 
"Jennifer..." she said softly.
 
"Babe, you know her?" Jaejoong raised an eyebrow.
 
I heart ached. It felt like as if it was being poked by a thousand needles at the same time, I really didn't like what I was seeing, what I was hearing. I was meant to be the one being called babe by Jaejoong, definitely not this girl!
 
I'm going insane, I don't know what I'm saying. She was his lover to begin with.
 
-
 
With my grocery bags in my hand, I started walking home slowly. My feet continued taking me as I kept my eyes low to the ground, I didn't want to believe what just happened. My heart was aching, and my eyes was itching. I wanted to cry, but the tears wouldn't come out. I know I'll feel better after I cry, but I guess my body just wanted me to suffer more.
 
I came by a small park with a small playground for kids. I walked over to the swings and gently placed my bags on top of the barks, and sat down. I held onto the chain, and just looked down to my shoes. I kicked the barks out of anger and that's when, the tears finally came.
 
I wiped the trial of tears on my right cheek with the back of my hand, but only more tears came rolling. I rested my elbows onto my thighs and buried my face into the palms of my hands. I made a huge mistake this time, I shouldn't have left Jaejoong and everyone. Everything is not the same anymore.
 
I can't talk to Jessica like how we used to talk, I can't look at Jaejoong the same way anymore, he doesn't even remember me, I can't have Donghae by my side anymore. I miss all the coincidents I've had with him.
 
Every single time when I'm down or upset, Donghae was always there for me to lend me a shoulder to cry on. Now, he won't do the same anymore since he's got Jessica. He'll only lend his shoulder to her, his arms will only hug her, not me anymore. I wanted someone to annoy me, I wanted someone to give me hope like he did.
 
Surprisingly, I miss the attention Donghae gave me. I guess it's too late to be regretting now.
 
"W—Why did things... h—had to end this way?" I muttered in between my sobs.
 
After my crying session finished, and after my tears dried up and stopped falling, I picked up my bags and started walking home. I slowly unlocked and opened the door, and walked towards the kitchen to put all the bags up on the bench. I took everything out and put them in the areas where they go.
 
I checked the time on my watch, it was 8:16am. I took out the frying pans and decided to work on breakfast, I'm going to make fried rice.
 
While I was frying and mixing all the ingredients in the pan, I suddenly felt something poking me on both sides of my waist, and I jumped. I dropped the spoon I was using to mix the rice, but luckily the frying pan didn't fall. I turned around and frowned at him.
 
"I guess I didn't scare you..." he said. "Ha-ha-ha."
 
I couldn't frown at him for more than a minute. His fake laughs made me laugh along with him.
 
"Go wash up, breakfast will be ready soon," I told him.
 
Kikwang nodded and slowly went back upstairs. I continued working on breakfast. After it was cooked, I took out two plates and filled it with fried rice. I placed it onto the bench in the kitchen, I didn't feel like eating in the dining room.
 
After we finished eating, Kikwang offered to help me with the dishes. While we were scrubbing and rinsing, we started talking about what we should do later on that afternoon. Should we stay at home, go shopping or...
 
"Let's go to someone's house!" he suggested.
 
I raised an eyebrow looking at him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know anyone in Korea except Donghae and Jessica, who he met just the day before. But when I think about, his idea wasn't that bad. I nodded and smiled.
 
"Let's go to Donghae's house then, I think Jessica will be there too," I said softly.
 
"Call them!"
 
Kikwang followed me into the living room. I sat on the edge of the couches by the home phone, and started dialing Donghae's number. It was ringing, but no one accepted the call. I raised an eyebrow and tried calling him again. Finally, he answered his phone.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Donghae! It's Jennifer. What are you doing later?" I asked him.
 
"Oh hey, Jennifer. I'm gonna go to a party with Jessica," he replied.
 
"Really? Can Kikwang and myself join you two?" I looked at Kikwang. "Who's party are you going to, anyway?" I added.
 
"Um, Jaejoong's party."
 
The sudden mention of his name kept me speechless. Even Kikwang noticed something was wrong with me, he looked at me with his concerned expression. I shook it off and forced a smile at him, it was then I realise Donghae was shouting over the phone, calling my name.
 
"Jennifer? Jennifer?!"
 
"I—I'm here..." I stuttered.
 
"So are you two still gonna join us...?" he asked softly.
 
"Yes."
 
The word came out of my mouth by itself. I didn't want to go, but I guess it's just a lie to deceive myself. Since my reply came out without knowing myself, I guess that's the answer that I wanted. I wanted to see Jaejoong, even though I saw him in the morning. When I think about, I realised that I've never been to Jaejoong's house before. Not even before I left to San Francisco.
 
I ended the phone call with Donghae and told Kikwang to quickly go upstairs and get changed. Donghae said he'll come over to pick us up in an hour or so, after he gets Jessica. I too, went upstairs to pick out a dress to wear to Jaejoong's party.
 
Funny. How can I forget such an important date? It was February the 4th, it was Jaejoong's birthday. I must be too occupied by the thoughts of Jaejoong not recognising me, that I completely forgotten it was his birthday. I almost forgot, we need to get him a present. I guess Donghae could stop by the shops for a while on the way there.
 
I checked through my luggage to see which dress I've brought to Korea with me. I didn't know what to wear. I smiled as I spotted the only dress in my luggage, maybe I was destined to wear it in front of him once again. I softly took it out and held it before my face. I wonder if I'll still fit into it. The white dress I wore on the last night at Korea before I left.
 
I don't know why I brought it with me back to Korea, but I guess it was the right decision.
 
-
 
We arrived in front of Jaejoong's one storey house with the present we bought him. We got out of Donghae's car and walked up to the front door, where there was balloons tied on to. Jessica rung the bell and I took a deep breath while gripping tightly against my purse, my heart was pounding.
 
Seconds later, the door opened and my heart sank to the very bottom. She smiled at Donghae and Jessica. When our eyes met, I noticed her smile kinda dropped. I still kept my smile plastered onto my face, even though I was frowning inside, I was boiling with anger but I hid all my real emotions. I hate this girl.
 
"Come on in," she said.
 
I walked inside with Kikwang at the same time. I looked around the room and there was guests already, a lot of guests.
 
Jaejoong's house isn't big, nor small. As I browsed around, I noticed through the windows that he had a swimming pool in his backyard, with people swimming in it. I softly smiled. The five of us walked over towards the living room, and I spotted Jaejoong. He saw us too, and started walking up to us smiling.
 
He wrapped his arms around her waist and caught my eyes, I tried not to show my painful reaction. From the corner of my eyes, I noticed Donghae and Jessica looking at me. I faked a smile and took a step towards the two.
 
"Happy birthday," I said as I handed him the present.
 
"Thank you."
 
'Wow Jaejoong, you really want to kill me, don't you?' I thought.
 
[FLASHBACK]
 
"Jennifer..." she said softly.
 
"Babe, you know her?" Jaejoong raised an eyebrow.
 
"I haven't seen you in a while, almost four years maybe," I said calmly. "How have you been, Taeyeon?"
 
"Great, you?"
 
"Better than ever," I frowned a little.
[END OF FLASHBACK]
 
Jaejoong is mine, Taeyeon.