Everything has its first time

The road trip back to your heart. [Hiatus]

Hi! An update! ^.^

Do stay and read! *claps hands together*

Introducing Yunho

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the hotel

Dinner was sponsored by Yoochun as well, though Junsu had insisted on paying.

The three friends are to depart in the afternoon the next day, so they had to rush about shopping for necessity and dry clean all of their clothes. They were so tight for time that they had not even take a bathe before dinner.

“Yoochun sshi. What are your plans for the rest of the trip?” Junsu asked curiously as he took off his shirt and started the water running for the bathtub. Yoochun on the other hand, is flipping through his map on the other side of the door, deciding where to head off to next, after the three is gone. “I have no idea…” he said slowly while trying to figure out the bizarre railway system.

“GYAAH!!” A loud wail coming from inside the toilet had startled Yoochun, causing him to drop whatever he is holding to check it out. Junsu had accidentally tipped the whole bottle of liquid soap into the bathtub and did not mean to scream so loudly.

POV from Yoochun

Dinner is made up of nothing else but what they introduced to us as “curry”… and all sorts of it. The ones with soggy vegetables… bad choice for an appetitiser! Then there are also the ones with tough and humongous chunks of meat in them… bad for people with dentures! I chose the one without anything… accompanied with a paper thin something… made from dough… I think. It didn’t felt like I was eating paper…

The three kiddish doctors were staring at their food as if it was some fascinating item… especially that little angel… his eyes were sparkling while he was taking his first bite! So freaking adorable! It’s been a long time since I had a proper meal, with a proper human being, who had time for me… and I am enjoying it!

We only made our way back to the hotel pretty late, and I had decided to be the gentle man and urge him to take his bathe first… acting as though he is some lady. Anyhow, he looks so filthy that I didn’t want to be as cruel as to make him stay in those rags any longer than he should. I chose instead to take the time to plan my next move.

The railway system here looks nothing like the ones back home… maybe a little… but not as comprehensive. The map looked much more complicated than the body’s network of veins and arteries, which I can already memorise… but I am confident that I can find my way around. I am usually very good with directions!

Then I was in the middle of deciphering the symbols and colours when I heard a loud cry coming from the toilet, followed by a loud splash. I was so sure that he had fallen… and I don’t even know what made me so sure. Without hesitating, I dashed to the door, pushed it open and ran right in… just to meet a… I don’t know what to say…

Instead of finding him on the floor or in the tub… and jumping start first aid activities, I found him bent over the bathtub with his head inside the tub… backside facing me. I almost died on the spot. OH MY GOD! I didn’t just see anything!! I didn’t!!

I swear I see people every so often… during resuscitations, operations, procedures and even when they bathe… NEVER have I felt so shy!! His hands seem to be swimming around in the tub for something and he had not heard me coming in. He even “gyrated” his small y hip when shifting position… No no no! Forget that I said y!

He just remained so concentrated on his search for that “underwater treasures”, oblivious to my existence… giving me enough time to peel my eyes off him and bolt out of the toilet. Shutting the door softly behind me, I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to will the memory away, telling myself over and over that I never heard or saw anything… unsuccessfully.

OMO!! His looked so cute!! A duck !! I never thought I would be saying this about a stranger… but he is really REALLY such a turn on! … Since the moment I met him. He is just my type! I have always accepted both females and males… and dated both genders… but I have stopped dating since the day I stepped into this profession.

No doubt there were nurses swooning all over me… I seem to have lost all the interest to start a relationship. I have been single and happy for a long time now… and this person here just reignited the urge to seek out my other half…

“EHHH!!!” What is it this time? Whatever it is, I’m NOT charging in without knocking anymore! In fact, I chose not to do anything… I just rooted my onto the bed and pretend to be figuring out the map.

“Ummm… Yoochun sshi… ummm… can I ask something of you?” I caught a small head sticking out of the toilet while I “look” elsewhere. Just a glance at his sweet looking face again got me reminiscing… no… not reminiscing! It’s remembering… his . Damn! “Ah yes.” I think I sounded a little flustered right there.

“I forgot to bring a change of clothes in… can you help me get it from my bag?” ah… and I was still wondering what had happened.

Zipping open his backpack, nothing but first aid items came bursting out from the overly bloated bag. Nothing but stuff he can’t wear! “Eh… Junsu sshi… there isn’t anything else in here.” I proceeded to check the other bag while he looked on hopefully. Doesn’t he ever keep track of the number of clothes he brought?

“AHH!” he exclaimed again suddenly, causing me to jump a little. “I must have miscalculated at the dry cleaners…” he was mumbling barely audibly. Did he just happily throw everything to wash? How many pieces of clothes did he bring for this month long trip anyways? I wonder how his brain really functions… it’s like he is very inept at carrying out daily tasks by himself… like a little boy.

“Yoochun sshi… can you borrow an extra from my friends next door?” he only stuck out his head shyly… not even exposing his upper body. He does not need to do that… I have seen everything already. Uh hmm! Excuse me…

“Ah yes… Jaejoong sshi?” he nodded his head and peeked at me guiltily… he probably feels bad about making a stranger run an errand for him…

I immediately left the room and approached the neighboring room, just to be greeted by a very surprised and amused looking duo. The taller dude was half after a shower… and I almost misunderstood their relationship until they started flipping out at each other for not having a spare set of attire.

The icy looking one even volunteered his own shirt… but he couldn’t do without any pants. Then the very tall kid had shoved me a package sheepishly, saying that he had bought it on the way back from dinner just now. I didn’t understand why he was acting so secretive when handing me the package… but now I do.

My first impression of him was all positive until I opened up the package and sneak a peek at the content. My second first impression was… why the hell did he buy such a thing for? And how the hell do you wear this? The thing clearly shouted “I am female”… with a shocking pink effect. “Here… Your tall friend offered you this…” I was about to hand it over when I changed my mind.

“On second thought… I will lend you one of my shirts… I think he is simply fated to wear my clothes today… no escape. Call it a series of unfortunate events for him. “No need Yoochun sshi!” “I will wear that!” a skinny hand shot out from behind the door and grabbed the package from me.

After a short while, he had exited the toilet in that ridiculous looking thing draped over him… in a very out-of-the-world manner, almost causing me an epistaxis. “Yoochun sshi! I’m sorry for taking up so much of your time!” he bowed apologetically… while the top hang dangerously low, revealing his chest… and the two cute little Uh hmm!

As if embarrassed by perfect example of a see through, he left my side immediately and dove into their bed, pulling the thick blanket all the way up to his face. I almost died again! HOW CAN SUCH AN ADORABLE PERSON EXIST?!?

“So embarrassing!! Stupid Minnie!” He was whispering softly to himself, while I continued staring at the “blanketed bump” on the bed… imagining what I would be doing to him if he were more than an acquaintance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changmin noticed a sari on the mannequin and felt that it was the most exotic, beautiful and y costume he had ever seen, so he had grabbed it from the flea market on the way back to the hotel. He intended to let his future wife wear that on their wedding day… or something like that.

Junsu, the unfortunate one, ended up wearing it for the night while waiting for the laundry to be delivered back to them. He had done a bad job with wrapping the veil and ended up becoming a fairly big temptation to Yoochun. However, he still vehemently refuses to accept Yoochun’s offer as he still feels shy troubling the older man.

Yoochun had to douse himself with cold water in order to calm his raging testosterones. After he was done with his bathe, he had decided to lighten the tense atmosphere between them, since the shy Junsu would not leave the blanket.

“Junsu sshi… what made you guys think about coming here for volunteering?” Yoochun ended up sounding like he was conducting an interview.

“We are under a volunteer group… and this is our last destination. Three of us wanted to try something different…” his voice trailed before he raised it again, “HEY! What about you? Do you like to try different things?” Junsu had suddenly came up with an idea to invite Yoochun along.

“I do… you are different, and I like that.” Yoochun mumbled the sentence after the “I do”, so Junsu hadn’t heard him. In truth, he has truly no idea what he wants to do with himself while in India. The thought of just chilling around in the different hotels sounded lame to him, but he hadn’t made any prior planning.

“You can come along with us!! I promise it will be the FUN-NESS trip in your entire life!!” Junsu had leapt out his bed and clambered over to his bag, forgetting all about his ness. Yoochun had to turn away, and politely pretend that he is not aware of it.

“See!! Here are the pictures we took!” Junsu got up from beside his bag and raced over to his roommate with a camera, smiling excitedly and shoving the device into the man’s hands. “This was after Minnie was done with…” “mid-wiving…” Yoochun couldn’t help but flinch at the picture of Changmin drying off under the sun, covered in blood.

“And this is Joongie after he ran into an elephant.” It became apparent to Yoochun that Junsu possesses bad photography skills with his barely visible shot of Jaejoong’s bruised face. “And this one! Oh! I lost a bet with Minnie and had to jump into a river that had a dead cow floating in it!” Junsu laughed while explaining how he ended up half in a visibly contaminated river.

Yoochun on the other hand, is more disturbed than amused. He was disturbed by the close distance between them at the moment, and also the repeated exposure to Junsu’s bare skin. The contact he had with Junsu just continued to remain as as he is uncomfortable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back home…

“Parameters?” Yunho grabbed the file from the cowering junior doctor beside him and scrutinized the scribbling on it. “What have you done for these episodes of tachycardia?” he shoved the file into the doctor’s face and issued the guy his infamous questioning look.

The younger man was shivering so badly that he had dropped the file, swallowed the bolus that is threatening to escape back up his throat and maundered, which Yunho can never tolerate. He could never understand why people have to stutter or produce inarticulate grunts, and he definitely has a penchant to put people down when they provide him with what he defines as “unintelligent” answers.

“S-sir?” the terrified doctor stopped his “rumbling” upon realising that Yunho is already a few meters away, not even bothering to pay attention to everything he had just said.

“You were talking to me?” Yunho quipped rudely at the man and continued to scrabble down his orders into the case notes. The man was so terrified that he had started tearing up, and he just continued standing in the same spot while Yunho makes his ward rounds. This had annoyed Yunho even further.

“Get a friend or anyone to replace you. Remember! I don’t need someone who doesn’t understand my questions.” Yunho said coolly while smiling at the younger man. And as if that was not enough to humiliate the other, he had turned to the group of giggling nurses and said, “There will be a new house officer coming later, do take care of him or her.” With that said, Yunho turned his back towards the poor man and waved him off.

Every nurse would blush at the sight of Yunho, in fact, every female hospital staff would, but ONLY when his flirt mode is on. When he gets nasty, he can be very good at it. Yunho has a love-hate relationship with his superiors as well, and they never successfully made him promise not to bully anyone anymore, “out of impulse”.

He is the most efficient and decorated doctor at his hospital after all, but he is also the best at treating his colleagues atrociously.

POV from Yunho

Appa just made my mood really bad today… irritating me with talks the stupid award. I hate it when he does that early in the morning, he totally ruined my day for me.

When he does that, everyone suffers. I know I will have the urge to kick some asses whenever I am in a foul mood… and even the slightest error can incur my wrath. I admit that I am a perfectionist… but there ARE occasions whereby I actually let the mistake slide… but not today! I am in too “fired up” from this morning to keep my temper in check… no… it’s not my temper… it’s my other side. The nasty side of me is emerging again… let loose by me.

This house officer beside me has been here for more than three months… and I have actually tolerated his irritating habit of muttering to himself ALL THIS TIME! That’s a new record!! … Since those on top wants me to at least pretend to be nice.

I don’t like to hold my opinions in… so calling me to play nice with him for three months is something like getting me to hold my pee in when my bladder is already bursting. Very uncomfortable for me… and too bad for him! Since I can’t hold it in anymore! He should count himself lucky… I didn’t actually act too violently this time. I wish him the best of luck in whatever he does in other department…

Also, here is an advice for him. Don’t talk to yourself when you really intend to start a conversation. I know I am only… already 34, but I don’t want my hearing to deteriorate prematurely because of the need to strain my ears just for them. I do remember warning all the rookies about my selective hearing… I only listen to loud, confident people, who know what they are talking about.

Plus, I simply CAN’T work with someone who explains to me the whole reason behind the tachycardia as though I don’t already know, without even answering the question I asked him. THIS IS the ultimate piss factor. He not only doesn’t listen, he speaks as though he has something shoved up his … or is there?

“Tsk!” a loud sulk drew me back from my thoughts. Looking up from my file, I saw this female in front of me… a middle aged lady, all dolled up and acting pretty. I apparently bumped into her while keeping my face in my notes. Wait! Why am I even describing this random person?! She herself is busy attacking her mobile phone too. SHE was the one who didn’t see me coming! SHE is at fault as well! I made a swift decision to ignore her instead of apologizing.

I know… I know. I am usually a gentleman… but today is just not my day. And that’s just too bad for her. “Young man! You could at least look apologetic right?” her loud voice echoed around the quiet hallway. Attracting the attention of a few passers-by… embarrassing me. I was about to let that slide when she blew it.

“Youngsters are so rude nowadays…tsk! What’s with this hospital? Such unbecoming arrogance!” she babbled on and on, then flung her overly curly limp noodles over her shoulder and strutted off in those loud annoying heels. I can feel the demon within me creeping out with every step she took. And I did what I would regret for a long LONG time.

“Old hag! No phone is allowed in the premises!” I shouted after her. In truth… no one ever said that phones were not allowed… I just wanted a reason to call her an old hag. She needs to know how to tone down with age!

“WHAT did you just call me?!” She came charging towards me sooner than I expected… hissing at me. Her reaction was really big… it’s as though old hag is on top of her most hated words list... a fatal word.

“Old hag… meaning an unpleasant, ugly old woman… a witch.” I reiterated the meaning to her as though she doesn’t already know.

She had wiped the satisfied smirk off my face by flinging her handbag at me. Did she really think she can hit me? I am at least a head taller than her… bigger in build as well. She didn’t stand a chance… I mean her attack that is… that didn’t stand a chance! However, I don’t hit girls, ladies, woman or grandmothers… any type of woman to be exact.

“Tsk!” I spat at her and was turning to leave when she whipped out her phone and started dialing a number desperately… making dumb exasperated sounds. “Yeoboseyo! It’s me! There is this guy called…” She rushed forward and grabbed the name tag hanging on my chest before announcing my name furiously. “Yeoboseyo! It’s Jung Yunho! I want to see you regarding him! NOW!” the witch screeched into the phone.

Did she just complain to my superiors? I get that pretty often… but it doesn’t matter. I don’t give a about customer service anyways… much less a “non-client”. No one will do anything about me anyway. I spoke too soon… I did never expect her to be my future “mother-in-law”.

TBC

Please do comment and subscribe! *bows*