Lets get along

The road trip back to your heart. [Hiatus]

 

Hi! A double update! ^.^

Forgive me again if you find this chapters too draggy! I think I have described a little too much... *bows*

Do stay and read! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

POV from Jaejoong

I was disgusted by his stuck up attitude at first… then I was horrified by his terrible up-bringing and manners… but I was not expecting him to be anywhere close to the revolting person he really is. He… he is simply repulsive! The worse kind of self-conceited douchebag I have EVER met!

Hooker? That contemptuous bastard just spat a bloody blasphemy at me! Do I take it lying down? Should I? Why should I? Because he is more senior? NO! Not enough for an excuse! This is ostentatious display of bullying!! HE IS THE PURE DEFINITION OF A SCREWED UP PERSONALITY!!

“… …” I did not respond either. I was silent to his rude, unabashed and offensive behavior earlier on, because someone can bump into anyone else accidentally and not apologise… I understand… since that is common for proud and autocratic people like him. HOWEVER, to insult someone despite knowing very well that it is an insult… is unforgivable!!

He did better not dare tell me that a hooker is his definition of a doctor! I wasn’t born yesterday! And by the looks of it! He would still see me as a no matter what I wear! … So there is really no need for me to reflect on my dress code! It’s not as though my top is transparent!! I even picked the most intact pair of jeans!! That white coat just wraps everything up anyways! What the heck is wrong with him?!

“Where can I change into scrubs like yours?” I almost threw up blood as I spoke. You have no idea how much effort it took me in order to suppress the defiance from welling up and drowning him! “I guess I am pretty inappropriately dressed then…” my voice was trembling as I spoke. NOT out of fear!

“Yes. Very inappropriately dressed indeed. You can change during lunch, not now. Follow me.” He hesitated for a long while before speaking and turning away from me. Then before I could open my golden mouth, he is already scooting away from my side. WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS THIS?! AHHHH!! THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS!! I CAN’T CONTAIN MYSELF ANYMORE!!!

I even abused my poor self-esteem just to keep my temper in check! I have made myself such a useless and fearful little kitten in front of him! But NOT ANYMORE!! “JUNG YUNHO SSHI!! YOU!! DIDN’T YOUR MOTHER EVER TEACH YOU THE WORD RESPECT!!” To the heck with whatever!!! I am SO going all out this time!!

He spun around from where he was standing, slouched in front of a nurse. His face is simply… mortified. Yes… I think that’s the word to use. His stupid… filthy… corrupted mouth is hanging so wide open that I secretly hope that a housefly will wander in and choke him to death. I am also secretly fantasizing how I can punch those jaws til they can’t close by themselves.

“YES YOU!! ISN’T YOUR NAME JUNG YUNHO?” I shouted again as he pointed a finger to himself. I think there really isn’t anyone around, besides him that deserves a scolding anyways. I blew it… my chances for redemption.

The truth is… I have heard horror stories about how he would torment his juniors… how he would pick on them so mercilessly. In fact, I was a little afraid of him… since he sounded like a very capable person that can crush me like an ant with his great deeds… I initially assumed that he is one proud , but with a reason… now, it seems I am mistaken! He is nothing… just a foul mouth with nothing to boast of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Kim sshi!” Yunho pranced over to Jaejoong menacingly as he hissed at Jaejoong using surname to address the younger man.

Jaejoong kept his ground and met Yunho’s advances head on; his gorgeous big raven coloured eyes never left Yunho’s own darkened ones. Then, as if engaged in a silent fight to the death, both man fought for dominance by attempting to stare the opponent down, face inching closer with every breath they took. “I am going to enjoy crushing you.” Yunho hissed at Jaejoong as he kept his eyes on the beautiful person in front of him.

Yunho intended to tell Jaejoong to get lost at first, to tell the younger man that he never wants to see him ever again. However, the younger man’s guts had somehow stimulated the domineering and vicious side of Yunho to emerge, and he had suddenly felt the painful need to own the beautiful person in front of him. The tension between them had turned ual for Yunho in a flash. Jaejoong’s face was so close to his that he even considered stealing a kiss.

Jaejoong stared back and closed in his lips on Yunho’s ear before saying, “Bring it on.”  This action even made Yunho shudder, but odd enough, it was due to an indescribable pleasure instead of fury. He could smell the younger man’s sweet scent, the natural scent of soap from his morning shower. Jaejoong did not even put on any cologne, yet he smelt so addictive to Yunho.

The pheromone emitted from them, particularly Yunho, is suffocating even for the people around them. The look like they are ready to make out on the spot. And though Jaejoong is the least interested in Yunho… at the moment, Yunho seems to be fairly attracted to him, but mostly for ual reason… at the moment.

“Get out of my face.” Jaejoong whispered to Yunho again, after a long moment of being engaged in a staring contest. He is uncomfortable with how Yunho’s eyes are actually wandering down his bared nape and neck, even though the older man’s face is right in front of his. Jaejoong could sense that Yunho is actually “mind-stripping” him, thus, feeling the urgent need to change into something with more coverage.

“You first.” Yunho whispered back. Their childish bickering officially starts with this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days later…

“Really? Ohmygod!” Junsu laughed loudly in the already noisy café as he engage in a conversation with Changmin. They were talking about how Changmin’s mother loved the sari her son had brought home even though he didn’t mean for her to source it out from amongst his belongings.

“Next week too?! I can’t wait! … He told me… what to do?” Junsu continued as they switched the topic back to work. Changmin will start work at the same time as Junsu, but he will be situated at a different hospital from Jaejoong and Junsu. Changmin actually a very homely person, picking the hospital in walking distance from his house, so he can head home for his three meals every day.

Aside from their own workplace, both Junsu and Changmin are very concerned about Jaejoong’s “work condition” as well. Yunho had purposely “volunteered” to cover the duties of all the doctors on leave. This means that Jaejoong will have to follow him around as he does that. And because of Yunho’s self-torturing tactic, Jaejoong has to suffer with him. The young doctor has not had his head rested on a pillow for more than three hours a day since the day their war started.

However, no matter what happens, Jaejoong will insist that he is enjoying his time there to the fullest and learning many news things. Worried by Jaejoong’s denial, Junsu and Changmin even made special trips down to cater his meals to him, but he hardly ever have enough time to swallow before Yunho would come in and drag him out to the operating theatres.

Yunho is, of course, used to this type of hectic lifestyle, since he has been through it many times, especially during “peak seasons.” He wants to see how long Jaejoong can last, and is determined to wait for Jaejoong to collapse and surrender, but Jaejoong is too stubborn. No matter how people around the crazy duo urge them to rest, they would refuse.

“Minnie. Hang on! Joongie is calling!” Junsu was busy too diverting and transferring the calls on his phone to notice that Yoochun had arrived. The man did not make his presence known, but instead, stood behind the younger man while he continues chattering.

“Oh! Hyung. How are you today?! Slept well last night?” Junsu still had his phone stuck to his ear as Yoochun hover above him, admiring the person in front of him. “Hyung!! Joongie!! Listen to us! You need to rest!” the three friends are on phone conference now, and both the younger peers are busy persuading Jaejoong to make up with Yunho.

“Joongie ah!! Minnie is right for once!” Junsu almost shouted as he tried to get his opinion across, competing with the volume of noisy crowd around him, too absorbed in the conversation to notice that his voice is starting to get a little loud. Though ear splitting for Yoochun, he had lowered his head down and positioned it slightly above Junsu’s left shoulder as the other holds the phone to his right ear.

“Joongie! I am going to tell on you to noona if you still insist on being so stubborn!” Junsu threatened the other person on the other side of the line. Junsu addresses Mdm Kwon as noona since she insists that Changmin and Junsu call her that instead of ahjumma.

“Only naughty boys tell on other people, Junsu sshi.” Yoochun whispered into Junsu’s free ear, startling the younger man so much that he almost fell off his chair, flinging his phone away in the process.

POV from Yoochun

I arrived on time… and found the little angel already there, with a myriad of expressions. The café we arranged to meet at is more crowded than I have expected… and I found him all snuggled up in one isolated corner, laughing and chatting on the phone.

My “first impression” of him, I have to say, is that I think he really knows nothing about what a date is. He does look like how he had been while we were in India… except more prim and proper…

Let me elaborate on his dress code then… He is wearing this yellow t-shirt with a pair of plain skinny jeans and sneaker? … Too casual! He did not even bother to add anything into his hair… though he did cut it. His hair is still messy and he is constantly pulling his fingers through it as he laughs. I love that laughter of his though… I never got sick of it even though I heard it for a whole month. I love how he would always laugh so heartily… so genuinely.

I approached him, and noticed that he had even thrown on this big pair of glasses with a thick black frame to his outfit. The spectacles are trendy… so I don’t worry about his terrible lack in fashion sense… but it is still TOO big for his face, for my liking. He has to constantly push it up with his free hand… and it just continues to slide down the beautiful contours of his face.

The thing I love about his face… his eyes… they too, are shielded by the spectacles. In a nut shell… I am disappointed by how shabbily he is dressed. Why?

Look at me… I am all dressed up for a romantic date. I even had my suit jacket on! I DID tell him that this is a DATE right? Then why look like he is about to go on some friendly outing? I don’t think I got the idea across to him successfully…

I don’t know why I just stood behind him the whole time I am here, instead of trying to get his attention. I guess I just didn’t want to interrupt his hearty conversation with whoever is on the line… His mood can go from very high to very low… VERY FAST. I can tell what he is feeling from just his expressions. He would even motion his hands as he speaks… almost hitting me a few times.

Then I heard him threatening the friend called Jaejoong… saying that he will tell the man’s sister something… if he doesn’t do something… I don’t know… he is just too adorable for me to handle. Who uses an elder sister to threaten someone?! That is just TOO elementary school!

I finally spoke up, and his reaction is even more dramatic. He swung his face right into mine and stared at me from a half inch distance before jumping off his chair. He almost fell as a result, had I not caught a whole of his arm… but he did accidentally fling his phone right into the “embrace” of a cup of hot coffee sitting at the next table. Oops… I think his phone was craving for a Jacuzzi treatment… He didn’t notice where he had flung his phone though… should I tell him?

“You are…” he looked at me for a brief moment and narrowed his eyes a little… as if trying to remember where he saw me before. Hmmm… how old is he exactly? Deteriorating memory at such a young age? “AHHH!! YOOCHUNNIE HYUNG!! I was still wondering why you looked so familiar!” I was right… he didn’t remember… maybe it’s the way I am dressed.

I was about to make a remark when he came up to me and grabbed a whole of my arm, blushing cutely, “Hyung! When did you come? I didn’t notice you…” his voice trailed off apologetically. That’s good. At least he feels sorry for not noticing my presence even though I had been standing behind him for a good five minutes.

There is another thing that he doesn’t know about dating. He needs to pay attention to the door or entrance when he is waiting for someone. Not sit with his back facing it. I almost couldn’t find him, since he is so nice and small… fitting in nicely with the crowd. Only that ridiculous yellow colour stood out. Am I dating a little boy or an adult?

I wonder what he has in his closet besides the type he has on his back… I was still looking forward to being blown away by his appearance today… not that his face itself is not good enough… but he could do a better job right? His friends did mention that he is likely to buy a set of clothes off the mannequin when he is told to dress up nicely… what am I expecting? At least he looks decent.

I shall not complain anymore… I don’t want to sound like a picky boyfriend… wait… does he even see me as a boyfriend? “Hyung… what is it you want to tell me?” I am right… he thinks I am just catching up with old times.

I was about to answer again when he spoke again, busy searching around him for something. “Hyung! I can’t find my phone…” he said softly while digging into his pockets and looking beneath the chair… wearing a super cute frown on his face. His is SO full of surprises! I have NEVER been so humored on my first date! This is almost ridiculous…

Then, I was ABOUT to speak again… and tell him that his phone is still enjoying itself, soaking in the hot bathe, when he spoke up again. “I was holding it…” He simply loves to interrupt me…

“Sir… I believe this is your phone?” A lady approached us cautiously and held out his phone, wrapped up with paper towels. “You threw it into her coffee…” I said finally as he bowed to the lady in apology and tried to switch it on again. “Ehhhhh… this is bad…” he is talking to himself again as he took off that irritating slipping pair of spectacles, and put it beside him.

“Hyung! … Can I borrow your phone?” he asked me sheepishly… and even though I do not wish for him to ignore me again, I still took mine out and passed it to him.

“Oh! Joongie ah! Sorry! I got cut off!” he spoke as though he is rapping after the receiving end answered. “Eh? My phone took a dunk so I am using Yoo… no no. I’m calling from a stranger’s phone.” Fortunately, I was vigilant enough to cut him off before he reveals that he is with me.

“Ah… no no no no! I’m fine! I just bumped into someone by accident. Eh… hyung! I have to go! I will call you again when I get my phone fixed.” He hung up shortly and diverted his full attention to me. I exist… finally!

“Thank you hyung! … Eh… what did you say you want to meet me for again?” he looked at me curiously as he handed the phone back to me. He looks much less geeky without those glasses. Those big brown eyes gazing at me innocently indicates that I have finally gotten the attention of the little angel! He sure gets distracted really easily…

“You hungry? I know this really good restaurant…” I asked him awkwardly. It’s been too long since I actually brought someone out on a proper date… and to think that all this things had happened even before our day started. The only words I can think of for a question are related to food… since we are in a café after all. “Oh… eh… ummm.” He looked at me shyly and shifted around uncomfortably in his seat. So adorable!

“Hyung… I don’t have much on me… can we go somewhere cheaper?” How cute! I AM paying… what is he talking about? It’s not like I would make him pay on our date right? I know he is just a rookie… so he wouldn’t have much money on him, but I want to spoil him!

“It’s okay Junsu sshi… I will be paying.” Why am I even calling him Junsu sshi… sheesh. I should start coming up with nicknames for him soon. Little angel?

“No no no no! I am not hungry! We can talk here!” He rested his arms on the table and looked at me again. “We are on a date… you know that right?” I asked him skeptically and he nodded his head vigorously… “I know Hyung! You have something to tell me right? And I have something to tell you too!” He smiled at me innocently.

“Hyung! Remember when I told you I want a transfer?” I nodded my head as I looked through the pathetic menu. He chose to meet here… and I am not impressed by what they serve. “I got a transfer!! My boss allowed my transfer!!” That’s good to hear.

“But your father doesn’t want you to transfer out right?” I asked him and he looked at me for a long moment before nodding his head awkwardly. I am changing hospital as well… but he does not need to know yet. I will tell him when we are officially an item. Most importantly… I am not here to talk about things from work. I want to know more about him! Though it’s not as if I didn’t know anything about him… I just want a feel of being on a date!

“Junsu… have you thought about what I said at the airport?” I assume him did… or he wouldn’t have agreed to come on a date with me right? He nodded his head slightly and said, “I like you a lot too.” He is looking at me with this damn straight face. FOR REAL? I didn’t know he is so open to a relationship?! I was mistaken again.

“I didn’t expect to meet you in India, but you have become my third best best best friend now, so I want our friendship to last too!” Is this what he had thought about? “But Joongie doesn’t like you yet… so you have to work harder! He is actually a very friendly person.” What? Friendship? I believe I was pretty straight forward… how did he end up linking my words there!?

“I kissed you… doesn’t that ring a bell?” Don’t tell me I fell head over heels in love with someone so clueless… “I kiss Joongie too… and sometimes he will kiss Minnie also. But Minnie hates it! So don’t kiss Minnie if you meet him again okay?” I AM in love with a love-idiot!

“I don’t want to be just friends babe. I want to be your lover. Your boyfriend.” And I was looking forward to a smooth date like any other couple. How exactly is his brain wired? Aish…

“Ehhh Hyung! You must be getting old! That’s an outdated trick already!” he laughed happily and even clapped his hands together. Oh my god… do I look like I am trying to be funny? How often does he get lied to anyways? Such a silly skepticism! I don’t believe this!

“I am serious about you. I am confessing.” I sounded a little harsh though. I believe he has many people confessing to him as well… but I will be the first one to get the idea through to him! “No. You don’t like me.” he said with a confused expression and a pout. “I do! A lot.” I retorted. “You are… you like me? Friends… no?” he asked stupidly and I nodded my head. I am gay and determined! I don’t care if he is straight or not.

“I can’t!!! Appa will kill me if he finds out I am seeing someone!” he said after hesitating for a long time.

“… … is your appa seeing me… or are you?” I did never let my partner’s parents or grandparents get in my way. “Okay… how about you tell me how you feel about me…” to think I wasted so much of my courage confessing at the airport. Why am I confessing again… this is killing me! I even thought that he really feels the same way for me…

He nodded his uncertainly and said, “Hyung… what do you want to do on a date? If it’s fun then I will go with you.” He smiled after a long moment of stoning. It is good to see that he is actually thinking about something else besides his books. Geeky angel.

“I promise you the best time of your life.” He has no idea.

TBC

Please do comment and subscribe! *bows*