I Am Fired

Family trouble

Jaejoong POV

 

*BEEP*BEEP*BEEP*

The alarm clock rang, it was only seven in the morning. I wanted to lie a bit longer in bed but I needed to make breakfast. I turned around to find a peaceful sleeping Yunho next to me. I shook him a bit to wake him up.

 

‘’mmmm…’’ he mumbled

 

‘’ time to wake up.’’ I said to him. He put his arms around me and mumbled:

 

‘’ just let me sleep some more.’’

 

‘’ I wish we could.’’ I said and patted his back. ‘’ go wake the kids.’’

 

‘’ good morning.’’ Yunho said sarcastic.

 

 He gave me a kiss on my cheek and left the room.

I also stepped out of bed. I changed into a jeans and simple green top. I brushed my hair, and went to the kitchen. I was the first to be downstairs that is not a rare thing. I am usually the first one downstairs, but today the silent of the loneliness frustrated me. I hoped someone would come down soon.

I started to boil rice and made the side dishes.

 

‘’good morning.’’ a yawning Junsu came in. ‘’ is breakfast ready?’’

 

‘’ not yet.’’ I answered, ‘’almost.’’

 

--- --- --- --- ---

 

I placed the rice and side dishes on the table. Junsu immediately attacked the food.

Yunho and the little Changmin came down the stairs.

 

‘’are you hungry?’’ I asked

 

‘’ food!!!’’ Changmin got a bright smile and ran to the table grabbed the table with both hands and jumped up and down to see the food on the table.

I laughed Changmin and food are inseparable. Yunho lifted Changmin up to let him see the food. I sat down on a chair. Yunho gave Changmin to me I placed him in my lap and started to feed him.

 

‘’ is there anything special on school today.’’ I asked Junsu.

 

‘’ no just the usual.’’

 

Yunho also took place at the table.

 

‘’ today, they are going to announce which employees are going to be fired.’’ Yunho said.

 

‘’ do you think you’ll be alright.’’ I asked him worried.

 

‘’ yeah I think so, at least I hope.’’

 

‘’ why are they firing people?’’ Junsu asked.

 

‘’ spending cuts.’’ Yunho simply answered.

 

‘’ ohw…’’ Junsu sighed. ‘’ you won’t get fired will you? How else would we get money?’’

 

‘’ no I won’t get fired.’’ Yunho said, ‘’ and if I will your mom can take a job.’’

 

‘’ will that bring enough?’’ Junsu asked.

 

‘’ I must be enough.’’ I said.

 

‘’ don’t worry about money okay, worry about getting on time on school.’’ I said and pointed at the clock. It already was 8 o’clock.

 

‘’ I need to hurry.’’ Junsu said.

 

‘’ wait.’’ Yunho yelled. Junsu looked back.

 

‘’ what?’’

 

‘’ I can bring you.’’ Yunho said, ‘’ I also need to drop off Changmin so I can take you with me.’’

 

‘’ really?’’ Junsu asked. 

 

‘’ then you three need to go. Now!’’ I stated.

 

Junsu grabbed his and Changmin’s bag.

 

‘’ we need to go!’’ he said.

 

Yunho gave me a kiss and lifted Changmin of my lap. He took Changmin's hand and let him to the front door.

 

‘’ see you this evening.’’ Yunho said. Changmin quickly waved.

 

‘’ bye!’’ Junsu yelled and also left the house.

 

---- ---- ----

 

‘’ so, now I am alone.’’ I thought out loud. ‘’then what am I going to do?’’

 

I looked to the table with was full of dishes. I guess I should do the dished then. I gathered all the dishes washed them and put them back in the cabinets. I cleaned the table and the sink. Now I’m at it I might as well clean the whole house, it’s not like I have something else to do. I vacuumed whole ground floor. Then I went to Junsu room, what a gigantic mess. I picked some clothing of the ground sniffed it.

 

‘’ blèuh, where has this been.’’ It smelled terrible.

 

I picked up all the laundry, put in into the washing machine. Now I can vacuum his room. I went on to Changmin’s room, which also was a big mess. All kind of toys were spread across the room. I placed all the toys in a big chest that was in the corner of the room, and also vacuumed his room. Next was dusting off the whole house, end the final touch was mopping. After all of that I went to lie on the couch. Cleaning is such exhausting work.

It didn’t take long before I felt asleep.

 

--- --- ---

 

*ring ring ring – ring ring ring *

 

The phone rang.

I picked it up.

 

‘’hello?’’

 

‘’ hi, Jaejoong.’’

 

‘’Yoochun, I haven’t heard from you for a while.’’

 

‘’ yeah, I know. But I wanted to come over tomorrow.’’

 

‘’does Changmin miss me already?’’ he asked.

 

‘’yeah, he asks for you every day.’’ I answered

 

‘’good, then he would be happy to see me don’t you think?’’

 

‘’ I think he would love to.’’

 

‘’then tomorrow is okay?’’

 

‘’yes, see you tomorrow.’’

 

‘’yeah, bye.’’

 

‘’bye.’’

 

I put the phone down. That was a short conversation.

Changmin really likes his uncle, maybe I should make something nice for tomorrow?

I went back to the kitchen to make a cake for tomorrow.

 

Yunho POV

‘’ see you this evening.’’ I said. Changmin quickly waved.

 

‘’ bye!’’ Junsu yelled and followed me and Changmin to the car.

 

I put Changmin in the backseat.

I saw that Junsu was already sitting in the front.

I stepped in the driving seat off the car and drove off.

 

--- --- ---

 

We arrived at Junsu School.

 

‘’thank you for bringing me he said, I guess I should take the bus back?’’

 

‘’yeah, unless you want to wait until half past 5.’’ I said.

 

‘’no thank you.’’ he said. He stepped out of the car.

 

‘’ Junsu wait! You also need to pick up Changmin.’’ I said.

 

‘’Is that really necessary?’’ Junsu asked.

 

‘’yes that is really necessary. I said ’’ You know we only have one car and that Yoochun normally

 

Picks them up but we haven’t heard from him for a while, so now you need to go.’’

 

‘’okay, okay, I will.’’

 

‘’ bye dad see you tonight.’’

 

Junsu closed the door and ran off to school.

I drove off.

 

--- --- ---

 

We arrived at Changmin’s school. I picked him up from the back seat. He softly put his hands around my neck and leaned against my shoulder. I walked into the school. When I entered his class the teacher looked at me. She smiled.

 

‘’ ah there’s Changmin.’’

 

‘’Miss.’’ said Changmin and hold his arms out.

 

The teacher walked over to me and took Changmin from me.

 

‘’ his brother is going to pick him up after school.’’ I said, ‘’ I have an important day at work. so I am too late to pick him up.’’ I explained.

 

‘’ alright’’ said the teacher.

 

‘’ then I will be going.’’ I said, ‘’ see you this afternoon Changmin.’’

I ruffled his hair, smiled, waved and left. I saw Changmin cutely waving back.

 

‘’bye, appa.’’

 

I walked back to the car, and went to work.

 

Junsu POV

I yawned and looked at the clock, only two minutes left. I think I fell asleep for a moment. Sometimes no most of the times times class is do boring. Just when I dozed off again the bell rang. I slowly rose from my seat still a bit drowsy from my little nap. I picked up my bag.

 

‘’ hey Junsu!’’

 

‘’ wha..t?’’ I looked up.

 

‘’gosh, guy you look bad. What happened?’’ my best friend asked.

 

‘’ I still need to wake up from class.’’ I said yawning.

 

‘’I see, good luck.’’ He said and ran out of class.

 

Guess I am not interesting when I am half asleep, I thought. I walked to the bicycle storage.

 

‘’ huh, where is my bicycle? ‘’ I walked around ones more.

 

‘’Oh, wait dad brought me I am supposed to pick up Changmin.’’

 

I looked at my mobile.

 

‘’aaah! I missed the first bus, and the second bus leaves in two minutes. I quickly started running.

 

--- --- ---

 

‘’I… ma..de… it.’’ I huffed.

 

I stepped on the bus and took place by the window.  I patiently waited till I arrived at Changmin’s school. When I got out off the bus I already saw Changmin waiting for me at school. He looked upset because I was late. I walked to him.

 

‘’ Changmin!’’ I called.

 

‘’Junsu!’’ said a happily smiling Changmin.

 

‘’I am sorry that I am late is missed the bus. ‘’ I said to Changmin.

 

‘’ I’m fine.’’ Changmin smiled, but I could see that he was actually really worried and if I had come a bit later he would have cried.

 

‘’ come on let’s go home.’’ I said to Changmin. I took his hand and let him to the next bus stop.

 

I looked on my mobile again; I would still take 15 min before the next bust is here. I signed.

 

‘’ what is it?’’ Changmin asked.

 

‘’ nothing we just need to wait a while.’’ I said smiling to him.

 

We sat down on the bench next to the bus stop.

I heard a familiar tune.

 

‘’ ice scream man!!!’’ yelled Changmin.

 

‘’ of course, I knew that is familiar.’’ I said ‘’ do you want an ice cream?’’

 

‘’ can I have one?’’ Changmin asked cutely.

 

‘’ of course.’’

 

I helped Changmin of the bench. Just when I released him he ran off to the ice cream man.

 

‘’ice cream!!’’ Changmin squealed happily.

 

I now also arrived at the ice cream stand.

The man behind the the stand asked:

 

‘’ can I help you?’’

 

‘’ yes.’’ I said I lifted Changmin off the ground so he could see which kind of ice cream’s there were.

 

‘’which one would you like?’’ I asked Changmin.

 

‘’ that one.’’ Changmin pointed to a strawberry ice cream.

 

‘’ok, then two strawberry ice creams.’’ I said.

 

‘’ that is then 3000 won.’’ The man behind the stand said.

(I don’t live in Korea but they do so I just converted it.)

 

I dug my wallet out of my bag and paid for the ice creams. I gave one to Changmin and one for myself.

I thanked the man and walked with Changmin back to the bus stop, to wait until the bus came.

We said there in silent until we finished or ice creams.after we finished or ice cream’s, it only took a few minutes for the bus to arrive. We got on the bus, to or way home.

 

Jaejoong POV

‘’ ah, finally finished.’’ I wiped my forehead and looked at the cake I made. It looked great. 

( cake )

I loved making cakes, it takes your mind of things and it is fun.

I had a little batter left.

 

‘’ I will save that until Changmin comes home he loves to eat the batter.’’ I thought out loud.

 

What time is it? 4 o’clock already they can be home any minute now.

I quickly cleaned up the kitchen. When I finished that I laid down on the couch.

 

‘’even though I am just a housewife it is still just as tiring as a job.’’

 

I heard the front door opening.

 

‘’ I guess no rest for today.’’ I sighed.

 

‘’ mom! We are home.’’ Called Junsu.

 

‘’ welcome home.’’ I said. ‘’ did you have a good day at school?’’

 

‘’ yeah it was ok.’’ Junsu said.

‘’ I drew a beautiful picture.’’ Said Changmin.

 

‘’ that’s good.’’ I said.’’ Can I see it?’’

 

‘’no, it is still at school.’’ Said Changmin. He looked a bit sad.

 

‘’ then take it home when you can ok?’’

 

‘’ I will do that.’’ Changmin said and smiled a brightly.

 

Junsu walked to the kitchen, Changmin followed him.

Junsu threw his bag on chair in the dinner room, which was connected to the kitchen. Changmin followed his example.

 

‘’ Junsu! Clean you bag! Otherwise you will have bad influence on Changmin.’’ I said.

 

Junsu looked back and saw Changmin’s back lay over his bag. He laughed. I think I already gave a bad example.’’ He mumbled.

 

 He picked up his bag again and brought it upstairs.

 

‘’ cakey!!’’  Called Changmin while pointing at the cake I had made for tomorrow.

 

‘’ yes cakey.’’ I said, ‘’ I still have some batter left do you want it?’’

 

‘’ can I?’’ he asked me.

 

‘’ of course.’’ I said and handed him the bowl with the batter.

 

He immediately started to scrape the bowl with the spoon what was standing in the bowl.

 

‘’ does it taste good?’’ I asked Changmin.

 

He swallowed and said: ‘’ it’s delicious.’’

 

‘’ glad to hear that.’’

 

‘’ why did you make a cake?’’ Changmin asked, ‘’ can I eat it? I am hungry.’’

 

‘’ you are always hungry.’’ I ruffled his hair., ‘’ the cake is for tomorrow. Yoochun is coming.’’

 

‘’ Yoochun is coming?!’’

 

‘’ yes, he called today and said he would come tomorrow.’’

 

Changmin smiled brightly. He looked so cute, with his little mismatched eyes.

 

--- --- ---

 

I heard the front door opening. That must be Yunho I thought.  I placed the spatula which I was cooking with down, and walked to the front door. Yunho came walking in with a large box in his hands.

 

‘’ what’s in that box?’’ I asked.

 

He looked at me. His was face was filled with sadness.

 

‘’ what is it I?’’ I asked.

 

‘’ I think you need to sit down first.’’ He said to me.

 

‘’ tell me what happen!’’ I demanded worried.

 

‘’ sit.’’ He said coldly.

 

I sat down on the couch. Yunho place the box on the table. I saw all kind of stuff in it: papers, pens, pencils and books.

 

‘’ that in the box, aren’t equipment that you need for work.’’

 

‘’ yes, they are.’’ His voice sounded so sad.

 

So he took his stuff home that probably means he doesn’t need it anymore at work. But this is all his stuff. Why would he take everything home? Then it hit me. I looked at Yunho in shock. He was now sitting next to me on the couch. His head facing his feet.

 

‘’ you’re not fired, are you?’’ I asked him.

 

I still needed to ask him even though I was already pretty sure he was. I couldn’t find any other reason for him to take all his stuff home. Yunho kept quiet.

 

‘’ tell me! You are not fired!’’ I yelled at him.

 

He still didn’t look up. How are we going to pay the bills? We already hadn’t much money. He lost his job, so now we have no income at all. The kids won’t be able to go to school anymore. Yunho looked up at me his eyes looked watery.

 

‘’ I am fired.’’ He said.

 

Even though I already knew he would say that. It still shocked me.  His words made my worst nightmare come truth.

 

‘’ what are we going to do?’’ I asked him.

 

‘’ I don’t know.’’ He said. ‘’ guess I need to find a new job.’’

 

‘’ what about the kids?’’ I asked. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. ‘’ even if you get a new job, will it pay enough to maintain our whole family?’’ I asked.

 

‘’ I don’t know.’’ Yunho said. ‘’ maybe you also need to get a job.’’

 

‘’ maybe.’’ I said. I felt the first tear falling down my cheek, my skin.

 

Yunho moved closer to me and wrapped one arm around me.

 

‘’ it is going to be alright.’’ He said.

 

Yunho wiped the tears from my eyes.

 

‘’ it’s not alright!’’ Junsu yelled. ‘’ we have no money at all!’’

 

‘’ Junsu!’’ I said surprised. ‘’ how long have you been standing there?’

 

‘’ long enough.’’ He said.

 

‘’ you don’t have to worry.’’ Yunho said.

 

‘’ what not worry! What are we going to eat then?’’ he yelled.

 

‘’ speaking off food.’’ I said. ‘’ I just finished dinner. ‘’

 

I stood up walked to the kitchen. I didn’t want to discuss this matter with junsu he shouldn’t be involved with this. He is to young.

 

‘’Are we just going to eat!’’ Junsu said astonished.

 

‘’ we will discuss this later Junsu.’’ I said. ‘’ we are going to eat now.’’

 

‘’ but we…….’’

 

‘’ I said we’ll discuss this later!’’ I screamed to Junsu.

 

Junsu fell quiet and took place at the table. So did Yunho.

 

‘’ Changmin!’’ I called upstairs.

 

‘’ yes mom!’’ I heard for upstairs.

 

‘’ dinner is ready.’’

 

‘’ fooooood!!!’’

 

He came running down the stairs.  Took place at the table.

 

‘’ mom? Can you sit down? I want to eat. I am hungry.’’ Changmin said.

 

I forced a smile at my face.

 

‘’ of course, I am coming.’’ I said.

 

The rest of dinner there wasn’t even one word spoken. There hung a gloomy atmosphere at the table. Which Only Changmin didn’t seem to notice, because he seemed to enjoy the food as much as he usually does.

Even after dinner the atmosphere stayed. Junsu who normally would disappear to his room stayed downstairs just to keep an eye on me and Yunho. He wanted to know what was going on. I couldn’t blame him. But I wanted to discuss this with Yunho in private, so the whole evening was spend in silence. Until everybody went to sleep.


the chapter is a bit late.

at least it is in my time zone. to be exactly it is here 1 hour and 42 minutes to late. but i posted as told. and if i am lucky you life in an other time zone and it is still 7 April. what means i was on time. XD

but yeah i am going to read some other fanfictions and go to sleep. or else i will be an panda tomorrow. TT_TT