Recipe #5

Sugar, Romance, and a dash of Luck

 

A few days later…

 

Taemin walked down the crowded hallway, trying not to get squished or knocked around.

“Sorry-Excuse me-Sorry.” He said quietly as he pushed through. People glanced at him, murmuring to their neighbors.

Taemin sighed quietly to himself. Even after a week people were still talking about him. All this attention was starting to get on his nerves.

During lunch, Taemin finds a seat by himself in the cafeteria, taking out a plain sandwich he made for himself that morning.

Gloomily eating it, trying to not make contact with anyone else.

“Taemin-sshi?”

Taemin jerked his head up at the mention of his name. He turns his head and comes face to face with Su-Hyung.

“Omo! Su-Hyung, hello.” Taemin gives a small smile.

In the past week, Su-Hyung and he has gotten closer. They talked often and became friendlier with each other.

“Mind if I sit here?” Su-Hyung asked, glancing at the empty seats around Taemin.

He nods quickly, moving aside so she has room to sit.

Su-Hyung puts her tray of food on the table and sits down next to him. “So how’s Taemin doing today?” She asks with a small smile.

Taemin smiles back. “Just the usual… What about noona?”

Su-Hyung shrugs in answer. “Same. By the way…” Her smile fades slightly. “How’s your mom doing?”

Taemin swallows the pieces of his sandwich that he had eaten. “She’s fine. Getting better I think.” He smiles to himself.

Su-Hyung smiles in relief, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear before digging into her lunch.

Taemin continues staring at her dreamily. “Maybe I should confess…” He thinks to himself.

After all, why not? Su-Hyung was a wonderful girl and was the only one who treated Taemin normally.

“I’ll ask her after school.” Taemin nods at the idea and goes back to eating his sandwich.

 

“Su-Hyung, wait!”

Su-Hyung turned around in confusion, smiling slightly when she saw Taemin running towards her, waving wildly to get her attention.

She stops and waits for him to catch up before asking, “What’s up?”

“Um… I was wondering if… You know…” Taemin rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

Su-Hyung waits patiently for his request.

“If you’ll go out with me?” Taemin made eye contact with Su-Hyung, his expression pleading.

Su-Hyung’s smile slowly fades. “Oh… Uhm.” She stutters, looking around.

Taemin shuts his eyes tightly. “Ah, you idiot! Of course she won’t agree.

Su-Hyung was about to reject him when she remembered his situation. “His mother is in the hospital… It would be cruel to leave him like this.

She looks up at Taemin and smiles. “Sure.”

Taemin opens his eyes in shock. “Omo, really?”

Su-Hyung nods half-confidently. A bright smile spreads across Taemin’s face.

“I’m so glad! I’ll make you happy, promise.” He nods confidently.

Su-Hyung’s smile falters slightly but she nods, giving a small wave before walking out of the school building.

Taemin spazzes to himself happily. “YES! YES, YES YES!!!

 

Minho was greeted by the sound of footsteps running into the house, followed by a familiar voice. “Minho-ah! Guess what?!”

Taemin runs into the kitchen in a huff, tired from the sprinting. He stopped when he saw that Minho was making something.

Minho had yogurt and sugar already mixed in a large bowl, along with another bowl with cream he had hand-whipped. In the last bowl, he was mixing together hot water with gelatin, stirring quickly.

He then proceeded to pour the hot water with gelatin into the yogurt bowl, stirring vigorously. The bowl was shaking quite a bit, making it harder for Minho to mix straight.

“Taemin, could you hold the bowl for me?” He asked, not looking up from his work.

Taemin looks up in surprise. “O-Okay.” He grasps the bowl with both hands, trying to hold it as still as possible.

Minho glances at Taemin and smiles. “Thanks.”

Taemin nods, concentrating hard on his task.

Once all the water was added into the yogurt, Minho took the bowl of whipped cream and added it too, mixing thoroughly.

Taemin was impressed at Minho’s strength, admiring his strong hands that gripped the whisk and the other on the side of the bowl.

“Can you get some cups from the counter over there?” Minho nodded to the counter across from them.

Taemin glanced at the counter and nodded. He rushed to the counter and took the 4 glass cups into his arms, bringing them carefully over to Minho.

Minho takes a ladle, pouring the yogurt into the cups. He takes some whip cream from a can and pours a little onto one of the cups. Taking a mint leaf and orange slice, he garnishes it around the whipped cream.

“Done.” Minho said, smiling at his work. Taemin stared in awe, finding it hard to keep his saliva in his mouth.

Minho glances at Taemin and chuckles. He pushes the cup of yogurt towards him.

“Yogurt Mousse. Have a taste.” He offers Taemin a small spoon.

Taemin gladly takes it, dipping the spoon inside the yogurt before bringing it to his mouth.

Vanilla yogurt.

Soft and fluffy whipped cream.

The texture was smooth and light, sending Taemin’s head to the clouds.

He was brought back by Minho’s voice. “How is it?”

Taemin smiles brightly at him. “Delicious, as always.”

Minho smiles in relief. “So what did you need to talk about?”

Taemin suddenly remembers. “Oh right! I have great news Minho.”

Minho rests his arms on the counter, listening in interest. “What is it?”

“Su-Hyung agreed to go on a date with me!” Taemin almost wanted to do a happy dance again.

“Really? That was fast.” Minho laughs softly to himself.

That wipes the smile off Taemin’s face. “Is it?”

“Well… You met only… Last week?” Minho tilts his head, trying to recall the exact date.

Taemin covers his mouth in shock. “Omo! That is fast! What should I do? Will she think it’s weird?” His brain was firing questions one after the other.

“Calm down Taemin.” Minho said. He pauses, thinking about something before looking up again. “If you want, I can help you.” He offers.

Taemin stares at him in shock. “Really? You can help me?”

Minho shrugs. “I can try. You know, give you advice and stuff.” Taemin clasps his hands together, his smile taking up half his face this time.

“But…” Minho cuts in. “You have to help me with something in exchange.”

Taemin stops smiling, feeling nervous about his request. “W-What Is it?”

Minho glances around. “You have to help taste the sweets I make.”

Taemin relaxes immediately. “I already do that.” He scoffs.

Minho smiles playfully. “So we have a deal?” Taemin nods in determination. Minho holds out his pinky to Taemin. “Pinky-swear.”

Taemin stared back, smiling to himself before linking pinkies with Minho.

“I promise.”

 



 

WHY AM I NOT SATISFIED WITH THIS CHAPTER?!

OH RIGHT, MAYBE CAUSE IT’S SHORT, LAME, AND I DID THIS WHEN I AM SICK AND IN BED.

BUT I DON’T CAARE ANYMORE~ I hope you liked! Laughing at the people who think 2min isn’t going to happen because of Su-Hyung

THIS IS 2MIN GUYS. TRUST ME IT’LL BE FINE, OKAY I NEED TO SLEEP CAUSE OF MY HEADACHES, PEACE!