Recipe #12

Sugar, Romance, and a dash of Luck

 

So-Hee’s phone rang in the morning, waking her up from her slumber. She groggily answered it, “Hello?”

“Hey So-Hee!” Taemin’s cheerful voice came from the other line.

“Oh…Hi Taemin.” So-Hee replied. She really wasn’t in the mood to talk with him…

“Sorry, did I wake you?” Taemin sensed tiredness in So-Hee’s voice. “No, no. What’s up?” So-Hee sat up and swung her legs at the edge of the bed.

“I was wondering if you wanted to meet up later. I have something for you.” Taemin said, looking at his song sheet in the process.

There was a long pause that Taemin thought the girl had fallen asleep again. “So-Hee?”

Finally, the girl answers, “Yeah sure. How about meeting me at Sung Dong Park?” Taemin nods quickly. “Okay! Noona, I’ll see you soon.” With that, he hangs up happily.

So-Hee flips her phone off, her expression devilish and crude. “I’ll show you what happens when you mess with Kim So-Hee…”

 

Taemin was waiting for So-Hee at the park, clutching the song sheet close to him. He was feeling pretty nervous. What if he messes up right in the middle of the song? That would be so embarrassing… Taemin shakes the bad thoughts away. He’s sure So-Hee would like the song. Minho said so himself!

Minho… Taemin wonders how he’s doing. Did he finish the cake already?

Taemin was called out of his thoughts by So-Hee’s voice.

“Taemin-sshi~”

He looks up and smiles brightly. “So-Hee!”

“Sorry I’m a little late.” She apologized. “No worries.” Taemin reassures.

“So what is it?” So-Hee asked glancing at the paper Taemin has in his hands.

“I-I wrote you a song!” Taemin shows him the paper with the lyrics on top. So-Hee slowly takes the paper, her eyes serious as she scans through the words. “You did eh…”

Riiiiip!

Taemin’s eyes slowly widen as he stares at the paper of which So-Hee had ripped in half. She doesn’t stop, and continues to shred the paper into many pieces, before throwing them in Taemin’s face.

“I don’t want your ty song.”

Taemin continued staring in shock and confusion. “Why don’t you just sing it to your precious little chef?” So-Hee mocked. “I bet you didn’t even make that Love Pink Brownie… You had HIM do it. I’m not blind Taemin, how could you play me like that?”

Ten arrows to the chest.

“I was trying to be nice to you, but I can only do so much. You are the worst person I have ever met, no wonder no one likes you.”

Twenty arrows to the chest.

“To think you were cheating behind my back with some…Guy! You’re the worst Taemin…And a .”

Boom.

Taemin blinks back the tears. “So-Hee…”

“Enough. I’m done here. Don’t you ever speak to me again...”With that, she adjusts her purse and storms away, leaving Taemin in the dust.

 

Minho’s face was almost caked with flour. He had dark eye-bags because of his lack of sleep. But he finally did it! He made the perfect cake to represent him and Taemin’s bond.

Right on time, Minho hears the front door open. He takes the cake which was on the plate and brings it out to Taemin who was still standing at the doorway.

“Taemin! I did it! I finished the cake. Take a look.” He moves the cake closer to Taemin so he could examine it.

Taemin felt dead. Completely dead. But he managed to slowly move his eyes to look at the cake.

The cake was three-layered. The bottom layer being crumbly, the second looked like a cake, and the top looked like a mousse. On top of the mousse, there was the word 2MIN and underneath was Taemin & Minho. Snowflakes were decorated around the edges to give it a Christmas-y look.

It would have been wonderful…If Taemin wasn’t so pissed off.

“What do you think?” Minho asked, trying to read the other’s expression.

Taemin slowly moved his hand up…

And pushed the cake out of Minho’s hand.

It landed on the floor in a mess. The layers were separated and the mousse was splattered all over the floor.

Minho looked at it in shock. He looked back at Taemin, “Taemin-“

“You ruined everything…”

Minho was taken aback at this. “W-What?”

“I was so close to finally getting a girlfriend….And you ruined everything.” Taemin said hands clenched tightly beside him. “I hate you Minho…”

There was a long silence before Minho said in a small voice,

“I’m sorry…”

Taemin watched the older male bend down and try to put the cake pieces back on the plate. It just made him angrier.

 “JUST GET OUT OF MY LIFE!” Taemin yelled loudly before turning on his heel and sprint out the door into the cold, harsh weather.

He soon arrived home and slammed the door behind him when he entered. His legs became weak, resulting in him sliding down to his and hug his knees close, hiding his face in them.

Taemin sobbed.

He sobbed hard, and long.

Screams were mixed in every now and then, and his body shook violently.

When he finally calmed down, it was night time. The house felt suffocating to stay in, so Taemin decided to go outside.

But where could he go? He can’t go to Minho’s place…

Taemin decided to go to the hospital to see his mother. Once he arrived, his mother greeted him warmly.

“Taeminnie…What are you doing here at such an hour?” She cooed, ushering her son to come closer.

Taemin obeyed and took a hold of his mother’s hands. “I just wanted to see you…” His voice was still broken and hurt.

“What’s wrong?” His mother asked eyebrows scrunched together in concern.

For some reason, Taemin felt like crying again. “I did a horrible thing umma…” He blubbered. “Oh Taemin…” Her mother cooed and pulled her son close, letting him weep in her arms. “Care to tell me what happened?” She asked, once Taemin had stopped.

“N-Neh…I…Minho…” Taemin stammered, rubbing his swollen red eyes.

Even though it was difficult, Taemin managed to tell his mother all that had happened. She hugged him again after he had finished explaining. “Taeminnie… Don’t blame yourself. It wasn’t entirely your fault afterall. The girl was just cruel and she doesn’t deserve someone as sweet as you.”

“B-But umma… I was so harsh to Minho. I-I didn’t mean to do it really I-“

“Hush child.” His mother cooed, rubbing his hair soothingly. “You can still go apologize. I’m sure Minho was just trying to help.”

Taemin nods quickly, guilt boiling inside him.

“Why don’t you go see him tomorrow? I’m sure he’ll understand…” His mother said, smiling softly.

Taemin nods again. “Thanks umma… I love you so much.” He gives his mother one final hug before departing.

 

The next morning, Taemin enters into the pastry house to find it completely vacant.

The chairs, tables, wallpaper, everything. Was gone.

Taemin walked into the kitchen. Nothing.

JUST GET OUT OF MY LIFE!

“Oh no…What have I done?”

 



 

I did tell you guys to brace yourself for this chapter

Am I the only one who cared about the cake? Yeah I guess so.

DUN DUN DUUUUNNN The pastry house is completely empty! Will Taemin be able to find Minho and save their relationship? Find out in the next chapter! ….Yeah I at narration. Okay PEACE!