Uh... What?!

X-Boy(FRIEND)s

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

CLASS ROOM 107, GROUND FLOOR.

 

“Exam?! But I just got here this morning!!” you complained.

“Calm down…  It’s no one’s fault that you came here at the middle of the school year..” Youngmin said.

“B-b-but.. it’s not fair….”

“Hahah, don’t worry.. it’s next week, right? You still have time to study. Most of them are conventional human educations, right? Besides, Calculus and Mutatiology are piece of pie.”

 

You arched one eyebrow. It’s pretty surprising that someone like Youngmin knows American phrase like, that ‘piece a pie’. (*easy)

“Geez.… surely for you, not me….Well, it’s fine for Calculus, At least I’ve learned a bit at my ordinary school (though I’m pretty bad at Math.. T,T), but.. M-mutationology??? I’ve never even heard that such word ever existed!”

Youngmin laughed,  "It’s Mutatiology. What a new mutant.”

“What is it, exactly? …. Look, I haven’t even attended it’s classes yet. ”

 

“It’s just a science about mutations, and mutants. How the mutation occurs, types of mutants, many things about mutant race. It’s easy, trust me.” Youngmin explained, as he packed his bag.

“…Geez, whatever… I’m dead.”

Youngmin stood up, “Hey come on, you’re too much. I’ll help you, ok?”

“Huh..? Really?? (Youngmin nods) Oh, and.. Calculus too?”

“Huh?”

“Please…”

“Geez.….. Okay.”

“SERIOUSLY???”

He stretched his lips—annoyed, “….Yeaa..”

“Whoooohooooo…! yeah!! Thanks a lot, Youngminnie!!”

He just nodded and left the classroom.

But then he stopped, widened his eyes, “Wait, .. Did she just call me Youngminnie?”

--------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

BASKETBALL COURT, OUTSIDE.

 

 

You decided to stay at the student dormitory tonight. Your new friends, the twins have left already. But you didn't feel like going to the dorm yet, and you still want to hang around the mansion. Now you’re sitting alone at a bench next to an apple tree near the basketball field. Though the exam’s still next week and Youngmin promised to help you study, the thoughts about the exam still bothering you.

“Oh it’s you…! Hiiii…!”

Surprised, you looked up and saw the guy you first met this morning, but without glasses. With headphones hung on his neck. His left hand’s holding a worn out basketball, and his right hand waved at you cheerfully.

“Geez Minwoo, you surprised me. Where are your glasses??”

“Huh? … … … Oh I don’t wear glasses, they belong to Donghyun-hyung you know. I returned them to him this morning.”

“Ow.. so that’s why you were in a hurry.. (he nods) … so, you’re not going home?”

“Nope, I’m staying at the dorm tonight. You too?”

You nodded and then he sat beside you.

“What’s your name again?”

Whoa, thrilled you a bit that he forgot your name.

“It’s ----.”

“----. ----, ----, ----.” He repeated it few times.

“It’s not fair, (you jokingly push his arm) I remembered your name and you forgot mine!”

He chuckled, “Hehehe sorry… but now I remember it clearly, it’s ----!”

“After I told you for the second time,” you jokingly frowned.

“Heheheh… uh by the way… which country were you come from?”

“<--------->”

“Ow… I’m from Korea.” He said.

You nodded.

.................................................

“So you are really that Minwoo.”

“Huh? … Not ‘that’ Minwoo. ‘This’ Minwoo.”

You chuckled, “Seriously, I mean.. you’re that Minwoo… That Minwoo of Boyfriend.”

He widened his eyes and nodded quickly, “Uh-uh… You’re a fan??”

“What? (What a confident little guy!) No no, I mean… I like you guys, but…”

He sighed, “That’s ok… sorry, I.. It’s just.. It’s pretty exciting when people here mention Boyfriend to me.”

“What? How come?”

“Yea.. in this school, the rules says everybody must be considered as the same..”

“…even singers, dancers, actors.. public figures…(he nods).. Well that’s very good I think…”

“Yea, so we can be more focus at the school, with no occupation things interfering, or fans interrupting. (you nod) I enjoyed it really. But… sometimes I missed them.” Minwoo said.

“Who?”

“The fans.”

You raised your eyebrows. So that’s why he tend to give fanservices the most—according to what you heard on K-Pop News..

“.. like Youngmin said, ‘Fans are sometimes annoying, but you’ll gonna miss them when they’re not around’.” He continued.

“Youngmin said that?” you asked, Minwoo nodded.

“Ow… wa-wa-wait. It’s weird.”

“Minwoo’s like, “huh?”

“So nobody here ever asks for your autographs, wants to take photos with you..?”

Minwoo nodded, “Yea, I’m not even sure they know Boyfriend..”

“That doesn’t make sense.”

“That does make sense. It’s an international school, remember? I’m sure people have their own idols from their countries.”

Actually you still wanted to argue him, since you know that the world is currently having ‘K-Pop Fever’, and to remind him that even the non-Korean-you know him and Boyfriend, but you decided to stop the whole tiring discussion with him.

……….……….……….……….

“…Oh yeah,” He suddenly became happy and full-spirited again, “Let’s play Basketball with me! I was about to play alone, but I saw you here, so.. come on!”

“Why are so sure, that I can play basketball?”

“Ah come on, It’s easy, i’ll teach you if you want.”

You looked straight at him. Actually you wanted to, but the thoughts of exam ruined your head again, erasing your spirit. “Nah, sorry.. I’m currently not in the mood, Minwoo…” you answered.

“Huh? Why?”

Exam… Exam… that annoying thoughts again, swarming all over your head. And it’s too annoying to talk about it also, so you decided not to say a word.

Realizing that he won’t get an answer, “….Ah fine then……. (he stands)… how boring…! Nothing I can do!” He started walking around.

“……………………”

He walked here and there.

“……………..”

He ran here and there.

“(sigh.)…………………… Okay.. (annoyed, you spoke, he stopped and mumbled, ’huh?’)  why don’t you just… uh.. dance or something? (he widened his eyes)… at least you can cheer me up, you know. You’re Boyfriend’s main dancer, aren’t you?

He grinned, as he blushed.

“Come on, consider it’s a request from a…(you gave him ‘I beg you’ expression) .. big fan. Please..?”

He chuckled, as he took his Ipod out of his pocket.

He put his headphones on.

“Wait…” he said, as he watched his Ipod for a moment.

He then unplugged the headphone, played a hip hop song loudly, and started dancing.

 

 

Crap, his moves were so perfect and powerful. He made those complicated movements looked so easy. And honestly, it’s pretty frishy-freshy for your eyes, watching an expert dancer boy, dancing.

“Whoooa… (You clapped your hands, as he stopped) You’re so good at it. How long have you been practicing it?”

You prepared yourself to be surprised, receiving cool answers like, “only two days” or “few hours”. But he answered,

“Just now.”

“Huh?”

You still couldn’t believe what you’ve just heard. He said ‘just now?’

“Yeah..” he continued.

“………”

He then understood why you’re shocked, “Hmm, because that’s what I do..”

“Huh? …”

“Donghyun-hyung called it… …uh… Perfect Muscular Mimic…”

“… … …?” It took few seconds before you really ‘catch’ what he meant, “Oh! So that’s your ability..!”

He nodded, and you realized that you forgot to ask him that.

“So that’s why you always dance perfectly, (he grins) and even, I heard that you used to imitate others’ dances. (he chuckles) You can … mimic everything?”

He sighed and sat again beside you, “Not everything, actually. …. .. Well, yes, I can mimic every muscular movements, as long as I remember the model. But I can’t mimic those non-muscular or metaphysics stuffs. That’s why it’s called Muscle Mimic. Surely I can’t just cast fireworks or ice cubes like the twins, or growing plants everywhere like Hyunseong-hyung does. ”

As he said it, he waved his hand, and suddenly a branch attached with fresh-looking apples fell down right on his hand.

Minwoo surprised, “Whoa…..  That’s weird, hahah. (offers you the apples) Want one?”

You shook your head,“ Nah…… …. Wait? Hyunseong grows plants?”

As he bit the apple, he answered,“Yeah, something like that, he can suddenly grow a tree in the classroom, he can control plants like.. (showing you the apple branch and giggles) making them tossing fruits, hahaha…”

“Whoa…  uh..“ You realized, that Minwoo sweated a lot, “You… sweat a lot…”

He wiped his sweaty head with his hand, “Well yeah, hahah… “

“………….”

“……………..”

“Hey Minwoo, there you are..!”

You and Minwoo looked up at the source of the voice.

But strangely, you saw no one there.