New Here

X-Boy(FRIEND)s

Rumbling. Everything’s gone crazy.

“We’ve gotta get outta here!”

“But we can’t just leave him!”

“There’s only one way.”

“………..”
--------------------------------------------------------------


--------------------------------------------------------------

Months ago..

. . . . .

XAVIER SCHOOL FOR GIFTED YOUNGSTERS.  
 

You hardly can believe what you’ve just read. You’ve been invited to enroll in a school of gifted people—in this case, mutants. The school’s an International school, where mutants all over the world gathered and trained to use their powers for good, and provide conventional educations for humanity’s benefit.

It’s your first day here. The school mansion’s huge and crowded. You suddenly remembered the first time you discovered your mutation. It was few weeks ago, before the school invitation letter came. And here you are. Amazed by the school, and yourself.

Suddenly, a guy wearing glasses bumped you. This guy looked really familiar.

“Uh, sorry.. I didn’t see you, I’m in a hurry..”

“It’s ok..  but, isn’t the class still begin in an hour?”

“Well I… … uh wait, are you new here? I’ve never seen you around..”

You nodded. “Yea, I’m new.”

“Oh, my name’s Minwoo,”  he said with a cheerful smile.

You freezed. “…M-Minwoo?”

“Yup.. And your name?”

“Oh, I.. my name’s ----.”

“Ah, nice to meet you.. .(he smiled even wider, and you smiled too as a reply) .. ouh! (he lifted his right hand, remembered something) uh ..sorry, I’m really in a hurry… catch you later!” He waved and ran, disappeared in the whole crowds.

 You shook your head. No way. No way he’s that guy, Minwoo. Minwoo of Boyfriend. No way a celebrity like him’s a mutant. Maybe… just another Minwoo.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

LOBBY, GROUND FLOOR.

 

It’s pretty hard to find your classroom in such gigantic mansion, with people swarming everywhere. You were wondering around, peeking on few door, until someone, who—again—looked pretty familiar, spoke to you.

“Excuse me, are you ---- ----?”

“Oh yes, that’s me.”

He shook your hand, “I’m Shim Hyunseong, The hall monitor for the week. And I’ve been told that a new student will come today. Let me you around.”

“W-wait, what did you say your name was?”

“Huh? ..oh it’s Shim Hyunseong. But you can call me Hyunseong.” He said it friendly.

Hyunseong. That can’t be…. Am I dreaming? It’s my first day at a mutant school, and I just met …

“….. ----? Excuse me? Shall we go now?”

“Huh?… oh sorry, … .yea, sure. Thanks.”

Your thoughts wandered as you walk with him. So, these guys are indeed…. mutants??

Hyunseong guided you, and showed you the whole mansion. He didn’t exactly show you all rooms, mostly he show you the paths, corridors, elevators, stairs, and doors. This one leads to the game room, this one leads to the canteen, this one leads to the clinic, etc. But because of the giganticness of the Mansion, the tour took a pretty long time.

 

  

*Looks like this, but It's crowded*

 

Well, it’s a good thing that you came here an hour before class. You could be late because of the huge mansion tour.

“And here is your classroom. Room 107. The class will begin in about.. (checks his watch).. 15 minutes.”

“Thanks a lot,” you said.

He just smiled, nodded and left.

--------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

CLASS ROOM 107, GROUND FLOOR.

 

*just like this, but with teenagers everywhere, a bit crowded and noisy.. It's a classroom, what do you expect? laugh*

 

The room’s not big, but a bit cozy. Pretty noisy, just like human’s ordinary classrooms. Few teenagers noticed you and some of them smiled at you. You smiled at them back nicely, as you search for an empty seat. Your eyes caught one at the corner, and you decided to sit there.

A guy in black, who’s sitting beside you stopped reading his book, realizing your appearance. You looked at him and shocked at first. You recognized him very well, but you could do nothing but just smile at him.

 

He smiled at you back, “Hi.. new here?”

“Yeah..” you still couldn’t believe yourself, he spoke to you..

“I’m Youngmin.”

“I’m ----. … … Well, aren’t you… (Youngmin raises his eyebrows) .. aren’t you… That Youngmin of Boyfriend?“

He sighed and smiled, “.. Yeah,”

“But that can’t be.. you’re really a.. m…mutant?”

He chuckled, “Of course I am, I won’t be here if I’m not.”

“…...Oh, well, I just met Minwoo and Hyunseong out there… are they…also..”

“Yup. Mutants.”

“Whoa…. a-and your twin brother?”

 

“Of course Kwangmin’s a mutant too.. We’re identical twins, we’re  supposed to be the same, hahah… But we don’t share same class here.”

“Ow, wow...”

“All of us Boyfriend, are mutants. Donghyun-hyung and Jeongmin-hyung are too.

“Whaaaa..?”

“Where did you say you came from?”

“I didn’t.”

“Well, ok tell me then.”

I’m from <--------->. And you’re a Korean right?”

“Uh-uh.”

 “Well, your English’ pretty good.”

“Thanks to the English teachers here, hahah… It’s an international school, so English is a must. (you nodded agreely) But sometimes I still messing my grammars…”

“Yea, you just did..”

“I just did? (you nod and chuckle).. hahahaha..” he laughed at himself.

“Don’t worry, sometimes I mess mine too..”

Youngmin grinned, and then continued, “So ----… when did you first discover your abilities?”

“Uh…. nearly a month ago. You?”

“Since I was six.”

 “What?!”

“Yea, I remembered, that’s when I first burned my lunch into dusts. That was a bit shocking. And since, I found out that I can create fire and control it. ….. But actually, I knew I was a mutant far before that.”

“How come..?

"My parents are mutants too.”

You raised your eyebrows, "Whoa..."

“Yup. In fact, they met each other here in the school, hahah..“

“How cute… oh, and your brother Kwangmin, he does fire? like you? ”

He shook his head. “Nope, he’s different.”

“Let me guess, electricity?”

He giggled, “Because of his Pikachu stuffs? (you giggle too as you nod).. Nope. He’s my opposite. Ice.”

"Ow..."

Youngmin seemed like he enjoys talking. He shared stories a lot with you, expressively. He's an extroverted and outgoing person, just like you.

“Hahaha, I remembered those times when I was a kid, I was crying and start burning things, and Kwangmin replaced me for my photo sessions.”

"You were.. crying??"

"Hey.... a-as a kid you know..." he exclaimed as his face turned pink.

You looked straight at the blushing Youngmin, and few seconds later, both of you ended up laughing.

But you suddenly realized, “W-wa-wait. Youngmin, (He raises his eyebrows again.) ... people knows that you’re a…uh…. a star (Aw crap, I just said that??! How awkward...) …. So, aren’t people supposed to know that… you’re... different?”

“Of course not, no one knows , just our family. Surely we can’t let the crowds know. Besides, I and Kwangmin was able to control our powers since we first discovered it, so it would be no problem.”

“But how can you manage to keep such big secret? (Youngmin just smiles mysteriously) ... … a-and…… don’t tell me nobody knows Boyfriend are all mutants.”

Youngmin chuckled, “Don't worry, I won’t tell you.”

“You guys are incredible! It’s impossible to keep secrets like that from everybody who hang with you guys a lot! And.. and… those fangirls of yours! They tend to keep stalking you guys!”

“Yea, but we could handle it so far. (said it proudly). Well, the hardest one is when we’re in reality shows; like M Pick, W Academy.. . That was really fun and touching, but… God, we have to stay ‘humanly’ for weeks… Keeping ourselves behave carefully without ‘accidents’ like.. burning tents or drying the whole restroom water, hahah..”

You two chatted a lot until a woman came in. It’s the teacher. Everybody returned to their seats.

Youngmin whispered, “You’re pretty fun to chat with, ----..”

“Welcome to the Mutant High,” he whispered with a wink.

--------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

CANTEEN, GROUND FLOOR.

 

It’s lunch time. You’re now holding your lunch and drink. It’s really crowded,  and it’s pretty hard to find an empty seat and Youngmin (Since he’s the only person you got along well with).

Your eyes wandered around and suddenly  caught a table with only one person eating. You decided to sit there. When you got closer, you realized that the person looked exactly like Youngmin but with different hairstyle.

“Excuse me…… can I sit here?”

Looked pretty surprised, “Huh? .. Oh sure..”

“Thanks… “ you sat, and you closed your eyes, praying for the food.

He stared at you. You then open your eyes, he looks away.

You started eating, and the-extroverted-you tried to make a conversation with him, “Er, by the way … you’re Youngmin’s twin brother, aren’t you?”

He just looked at you for a second and then nodded. Suddenly things became pretty awkward. Unlike his brother, he didn’t seem willing to talk much.

“Uhh..…  I’m a newcomer here…

He lifted his head, smiled at you, and then said, “Hmm,  I’m Kwangmin."

“I’m ----…."

He smiled wider, and then continued eating. Making the whole atmosphere felt more awkward.

"….uh... Your brother’s  my classmate…(he just looks at you, nods, and then continues on his lunch. Dang, things’re becoming more and more awkward…) … So… you’re really that Kwangmin of Boyfriend..”

He raised his eyebrows, excited a bit, “Yea, that’s right, hahah..”

 “Uh… I still can’t believe that you guys are mutants, and nobody knows it…”

He giggled, “Yea, it’s pretty hard to us, but we can handle it so far.. Youngmin told you everything?”

“Not everything, I guess.. There’s a lot I’d like to hear about you guys.. hahah…”

Kwangmin smiled widely. Oh thank God! Things’re slowly but sure, becoming warmer..

You continued, “Youngmin said you have ice powers..”

He drank his soda and raised his eyebrows as a ‘yes’.

He then said, “I first discovered my power when I was six years old...... umm…uh..” He seemed like preventing himself talking too much.

You smiled, “It’s okay, I’d like to hear your stories.”

Relieved, he smiled, “It was a regular day after school, when I was so thirsty, and I found my bottle frozen along with the whole water in it. I then bought a plastic bottled water, but few seconds later it’s frozen also.”

As you do your lunch, you kept listening to him well. You’re indeed a good listener, making him enjoy sharing his stories more. You then realized that Kwangmin’s an introverted and innocent person, but when he finds a good friend to chat, he can be a bit more expressive than his brother. He seemed like he’s feeling comfort, talking to you. The whole lunch time wasn’t awkward anymore.

“Uh, I just thought, how did you guys get here without being noticed?” you asked all of a sudden.

“The school gave a teleport device for each of us.. The school provides them to public figures, so they can still study here, without being noticed or followed. Don’t you know that?”

You shook your head. There’s still much you have to know.

“Say, Kwangmin.. (Kwangmin raises his eyebrows).. I heard… you do like Pikachu..”

Surprised, he shook his head quickly, “No no no no, I already quitted it.”

“…You did?”

“Yeah.”

“…Really?”

“N.. Yeah.”

“…Are you sure?”

“……….…. Not really…. (he looks shamed) ..I just want to be mature.. Like what Youngmin told me…”

You tried to cheer him up, “Well... I think being mature is... not about stop liking something, but.. it is about how you make your own decisions, how you face problems in life… (He looks straight at you, things suddenly becoming awkward again)….. W-well, at least that’s what I heard.”

He smiled, “Hehe, thanks.. … uh, well.. anyway…(he looks around, making sure nobody’s noticing) It’s been a long time since I’ve done this..”

He lifted his hand, creating a solid ice figure of Pikachu.

 

*mianhae.. it's should be icy transparent..*

 

Kwangmin then hold it’s body, and began moving it like a puppet, “Ppyong~~… Pika pika! Pikachu! Hahahaha…..”

You giggled at his Pikachu, and his innocent personality.

“B-but don’t tell anybody, please…” he whispered.

You laughed as you nodded, and then Kwangmin smiled and said,

 “Welcome to the Mutant High.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------