Hidden feelings

Noona, I love you

The boy inside the limosine sighed yet again as he looked at his watch.

Where is she? She's supposed to be here by now.

He looked up to the blue sky and enjoyed the calming atmosphere it gave off. He just wished his heart would do just the same. Feeling tired, he let his eyes flutter close.

 

"Hyunana! You'll never catch me!" the boy teased, running away from the girl.

"Seunggie~ Wait for me!" she huffed and crossed her arms. In her right hand, she was holding onto her teddy bear that she got as a present from her daddy.

 

The boy stopped and looked behind him. He grinned at her cute pout and went to her. Being a stubborn girl, she refused to look at him. She stomped her foot and jutted out her lip even more.

"Nana, mianhe. Come on. I want to show you something." he extended out his hand towards the pouting girl. But she still refused and shook her head furiously. He gestured her to take his hand but she still didn't take it and looked at the ground. Her cheeks were flushed with anger. Hyunseung couldn't help but feel the need to pinch those chubby cheeks but knew it would only anger her further.

Sighing, he dropped his hands to his sides and placed them in his pockets. He kicked a stone with his new sneakers and looked down. The cold afternoon air was blowing which gave a serene tinge to the atmosphere. He sighed exasperatedly and threw his hands in the air.

"Okay. I just wanted to show you my secret hideout. But, if you don't want to..." his voice trailed off as he turned around. Before he could take one step however, there was a slight tug on his shirt and he looked behind. There, stood a small girl who was hugging her teddy bear looking up at him timidly.

"C-can I see it?" her voice soft, almost a whisper. The boy let out a small chuckle and grabbed her petite hand.

"Sure you can, Nana!" and with that, the two set off to the so-called hideout.

 

Upon entering the forest behind her mansion, Hyuna looked around feeling scared and excited all at once. It was the first time she went in the forest. She never dared to go in there because she was scared of the monsters and ghosts. But, the boy tugging her along made her feel protected.

No monster is gonna eat me. I have Seunggie!

She giggled silently as they made their way to the hideout. Once they reached there, she retracted her hand back and her eyes were wide in amazement. There were a few planks and sticks holding up what seems to be a thick blanket. On the inside was a small mat with a few pillows and scattered toys including a certain pink dino plushie she gave him last year.

Her excited eyes turned back to the boy who was studying the ground. He awkwardly scratched his neck and looked at her anxiously.

"It's amazing!" she raised her arms up in astonishment.

A huge smile was plastered onto the boys' face.

 

They played there for hours and hours until it was nearly sunset.

"Hyunana, I think we should go. Your mommy and daddy are gonna get angry again." he told her. She pouted but nodded in understanding. He took hold of her hand as they came out of the hideout.

"Seunggie?" big brown orbs stared into his own.

"Neh?"

"We would always be best friends, right?" she pouted at him cutely.

"Yup. Always." he beamed at her.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Pinky promise!" she held out her pinky with a look of determination etched across her face.

"Pinky promise." he took her pinky in his and curled their pinky's around the other.

 

Secretly, he wished for more.

 

Hyunseung got up in a jolt. It was a dream. No, a memory. That's the only reason he managed to put up with becoming a servant in the first place. A mere commoner. Their worlds were different from the very start. Torn apart by different classes. The only reason was to be with her. To serve her.

He threaded his hand in his hair frustratingly. It was so hard sometimes. She changed so much since that day. That black day. The day he lost the girl he once knew. It led her towards a darker path and it pained him. He knew that the once cute, nice, lovable girl was still there, somewhere.

He sighed for the umpteen time and slammed the steering wheel. If only she knew how he felt towards her then maybe she'd stop all this.

He paused his thoughts and chuckled darkly.

I'm no one. A nobody. A mere servant. A fool. There's no way she'd feel that way.

But there was always that small voice, retorting back.

But maybe there's still the slightest bit of hope.

 

~

 

"Bye princess. Catch ya later?" he asked as he placed a small kiss on her cheek.

The girl giggled and promised him just that. He turned around and jogged towards his car. When he got there he waved frantically towards her. She did the same, amused by the man. He unlocked his Sports Audi and got it. The engine was ignited and he took off. The whole time, she was still waving and beaming.

Once the car was out of sight, she dropped her hand and sighed. It was not a happy sigh, it was a mix of relief and confusion.

Aish! Hara, what are you doing?

She took out her keys and fitted them into the keyhole, with one turn, the door was unlocked. Carefully, she pushed it open.

"Umma! I'm home!" she yelled as she took off her heels.

She stepped into the house but was greeted by silence. She sat her handbag and keys on the countertop.

 

"Umma? Khunnie?" she called out in a softer tone.

"Omo! Hara, Khunnie just went out. Where were you?" her umma came out wiping her hands on her pink apron.

"I was out with Seunghyun." she took off her scarf and hung it.

A flash of concern washed her mother's features and her eyes downcast.

"Hara..." she began.

"It's not like I don't approve of your relationship with him but you just came back to Korea. I expected you to settle down and get a steady job first before finding boyfriends." her voice laced with concern and slight disapprovement.

"I know, umma. But he's just someone from Khunnie's school. We're not even together." she replied softly. She knew very well how much her family was depending on her after her father's death two years ago. Her mother was doing her best to keep a roof over their heads and the only reason she got to study in America was because it was on full scholarship.

"But, I thought you were going out with him?" eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she looked at her daughter.

"We went out on a few dates but it's nothing official yet. I'm not sure I even like him that way." she confessed, pouring herself a glass of water. After her lunch at that godforsaken place, was practically begging for water.

Ugh! And he said 'the best'. More like the worst. Junhyung would pick a better place.

Her hand stopped just before the glass fell on her lips. Why was she thinking about him?

A sigh escaped as she looked at her daughter with the same disapproving look.

"Hara, I didn't expect for you to play around." her mother's voice brought her out of the thoughts on a certain bad boy.

"I'm not. I'm just as confused as you are." she replied honestly.

"Okay then. I trust you to handle your own problems. You're twenty-three now."

"Arrasseo, umma."

Giving her daughter an encouraging smile, she left her to her thoughts.

 

I hate when umma's right.

She grunted and gulping down the rest of the water before making her way to her bedroom.

 

~

 

Amber was casually bobbing her head to the music when a knock was heard on the door. She paused her iPod and said "Come in.".

The knob was turned and a head peeked inside. It was Donghae smiling at her.

"Oppa, what is it?" she asked pulling out an earbud. To make things clear, she only called her older brother 'oppa' the other guys could keep dreaming.

"Umma wants you to send cupcakes over to Junhyung's house. She baked extra and wanted to give some to Ahjumma." he smiled at her.

"Chincha? Neh, oppa." she got up and went over to the living room. There, her Mom was holding a box of fresh cupcakes.

"Amber, be a sweetheart and send this over to Kisun's house." Kisun being Junhyung's mom.

She nodded and took the box. She wore her sneakers and was about to leave but not before stealing one from the table.

She hummed absentmindedly as she walked down the street. Junhyung's house was a couple of streets away. As she passed the playground, a familiar sillouette caught her eye.

"What's he doing here?" she mumbled and approached the boy. He had his head hung low and was swinging on one of the swings.

"Yah! What're you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be at home, cuddled up to your blankie?" she lightly joked. It's not like she could've resisted anyway.

He looked up and sighed instead.

Okay, that was unexpected. She placed the box carefully on the ground as she sat on the swing.

"C'mon babe. What's bothering you now?" she nudged him.

"Nothing."

She gave him a look which obviously said, "Yeah and I'm the Queen of England!" Grunting, he decided to spill it.

"Nickhun and I were having our usual Tuesdays. You know we haven't been able too since that ice princess showed up?" not waiting for her answer, he continued.

"Then while I was on a roll, he asked me if I liked his sister! Can you believe that?!" waving his arms around.

"I mean, me like her? That's not the worst part, he told me that she's going out with Mr. Choi!"

"He is good-looking." she complemented.

"Whose side are you on?! And I don't even know why it's the worse part. I just inwardly cringe at the thought." he huffed, frustration taking over.

There was a moment of silence as Amber looked at the sky.

"If only you weren't so dense." she mumbled.

"Huh?"

"I said, don't think about it too much okay babe? By the way, these are for you. My mom made extra." she handed him the cupcake-filled box.

"Seriously? Tell ahjumma I said thanks." instantly brightening up at the sight of his favourite pastry.

"Yeah, yeah." they both got up and went their seperate ways.

 

Okay, so Miss Hara has been seeing Mr Choi. I'm surprised I didn't think about it sooner, with the way they made googley eyes at each other. Yuck!

Much like her cousin, she cringed at the thought.

 

Well, one step closer to finding out what the has planned then.

With that, she smirked and resumed her iPod.

 

 

A/N:

GUUUUIIIIIIISSSSEEEE!

I missed you and after an 8 month hiatus, I'm finally back!!!

tumblr_melqter1lX1rmdoj3o1_500.gif

^                              

| This is how I feel.

You guys probably are like:

tumblr_ma7kdwyryK1rrvo74o1_500.gif

tumblr_mmnhhnemJS1s7ghn4o10_500.gif

I know, I know, go ahead.

 

tumblr_mf7avonYh61rlp91uo1_500.gif

tumblr_m87gbmHmBM1qcfzujo1_500.gif

 

But!

Donghae's in here!

tumblr_mft528VYU91s1mgyyo1_500.gif

tumblr_mmnhhnemJS1s7ghn4o3_250.gif

 

I uhh...

tumblr_mmnhhnemJS1s7ghn4o4_500.gif

 

SORRY!!

 

image

 

JangSooMin