Chapter 17

Clutching Sand

 

Jiyong was ready to kill someone himself right about now. The way the girls walked around like hookers with these attempting-to-be-cool guys hanging off them like spaghetti noodles on a wall. Everything about it was trashy, and he watched them disappear into the forrest-like area next to the park. It was like a house mixed with mofia guns. Not to mention that if he got himself in any trouble at all,he was basically alone as there was no police officer on duty tonight because of the memorial going on all the way across town. 
 
An arm slung around his shoulder as a foul stench of overly used colonge invaded his nostrils with the owner in his personal space. "Jiyongie! So glad you could make it!" It was like Siwon was welcoming Jiyong to a party, one of the ones that would embarass him. Who knows, maybe it was that way.
 
Jiyong tensed up under Siwon's grasp,feeling nautious, and just claustrophobic, not to mention the aching in his leg from infected wounds, but that was besides the point. Siwon was probably one of the only people who could make a person feel that way by just being near them, not to mention what happens when the junior talks, or moves; if he so much as looks at Jiyong. It was just a lose-lose situation, but right now, that was the least of his worries because now. Siwon was leading him somewhere. At the edge of the park, where there was that huge cluster of trees that goes who knows how far around, that was suddenly coming closer and closer in his view.
 
"W-Where are we-" 
 
"To the fight site,duh. Ah,innocent little Jiyongie, you make me laugh, even if you are a peice of ." 
 
Jiyong rolled his eyes, trying to pull himself out of the lock he was in,getting pulled closer that made him grumble, wanting nothing more than to choke Siwon utnil the crimson liquid flowed onto the streets of Seoul, but really, what could he do? The one person he hated the most was taking somewhere and everyone knows that there was no living person who survived saying "no" to Choi Siwon. 
 
A voice came from behind them, just as they were about to cross into the forresty threshold,stopping all meaning of time and matter. 
 
"Get, your hands, off him." It was hissed, and upset with a touch of murderous tendencies. Jiyong shivered visibly, and it made Siwon laugh at him as he pulled him closer to make it clear that he had denied the order. Seunghyun was glaring now, harder than most people could, and he didn't even look like he was trying yet. Jiyong's breath hitched, as always, Seunghyun looked absoloutely great and already had Jiyong wanting to run over and kiss his chewed lips. His hair was down, falling against his neck with a green hat on that held his white bandana over his left eye. There were rips in his old jeans, contrasting with the unscathed black gloves that clothed his fingers. 
 
Siwon smirked,pulling at Jiyong's hair. "Now,now. He's our prize, remember?"
 
Seunghyun gave a smirk as he matched Siwon's playful game. "Until one of us wins, yes, but that means you can't touch him otherwise,remember?"
 
Jiyong couldn't take being treated like this. It made his chest feel like he had swallowed glass that was trying to resurface. Anger bubbled inside of him until it exploded in his veins, sending him towards Seunghyun to yell just how he felt at him. "You made me a prize? How dare you even get me involved in your stupidity! You can't just go around playing like this! Who the hell do you think you are?" 
 
Siwon grunted as he was pushed back by Jiyong,and he was thinking about punching the brunette in the back of the head for his sudden move, but the way he was yelling at Seunghyun somehow made it better. The look that he gave Jiyong made him smile because maybe, it had worked. Jiyong was the ultimate distraction after all.
 
"I didn't offer it. He was the one who made the rules!" 
 
Jiyong closed the distance so he was only a few feet away now, rolling his eyes as he turned around to make it even more exaggerated. Fire shot up his leg, but he didn't have any focus on anything except the being in front of him because he had been waiting to get some feelings out. There were things left unsaid when Seunghyun stormed off before. 
 
Why did this feel so good? It felt good to get his revenge on Seunghyun, but it shouldn't. It really shouldn't because Seunghyun didn't do anything. 
 
"Don't bull with me!"
 
"Why don't you take your own advice? I already did!" Now he yelled. Seunghyun yelled it at Jiyong, hurt and angry, but most of all, just wanting to get through to him. There was only so much anyone could take, and where Seunghyun had a long tolerance bubble, eventually even that pops. Siwon was laughing at how the two acted,getting both of their looks to darken dramatically. Jiyong glared at the ground instead of Siwon's face, his fear too great to even try, while Seunghyun thought about how he was going to put the fear of God into that seventeen year old.
 
Jiyong stomped one of his feet, turning around to try and keep from physically attacking the older. Maybe this is why he should just get a girlfriend and stick with that. Footsteps approached, but he didn't turn around. Instead, he stared at the now vacant spot that Siwon used to inhabit,debating on whether he wanted to leave now or not. Even if Siwon sent some guy after him and brought him back, maybe he could be spared a little more life in his body, and since Siwon had retreated to the little "before the fight party" maybe he could go unnoticed for a while.
 
Something was gripping at his side now,fingers weaving in the weak material of his light blue sweater enough that they were touching his side, making him whip around and try to pull away. A hand grabbed Jiyong's,intertwining the weak fingers with calloused ones the way a lover should. The way Seunghyun should.
 
"Let go of me." Was that even a demand? His voice had gotten lost somewhere in the mix of anger and desperation. How lonely did you have to be to want someone this bad in only a month's time, lose him, and then pray for him back again but suddenly not be able to accept him, and still want him?
 
"No, because we need to talk. What are we, Jagiya?" Seunghyun took his hand away from the boy's jacket, bringing it up so he could make Jiyong face him. It was obvious from the black around his eyes he hadn't slept,and he had to assume that the ladder had indeed been crying too. "I can't even talk to you without you exploding on me. So are we enemies now?"
 
"No!" He yelled, angry, annoyed. Honestly, he had no idea what he was really. "No." It was a whisper now, something that was almost uncatchable, unlike what he was about to say. "I can't hate you," there was a pause and a very audible sigh of relief from Seunghyun before Jiyong continued,"But I can't let you keep doing this."
 
There was that so familiar eyebrow raise,darkening eyes. Seunghyun knew what he meant, but he was trying to pretend he didnt. So instead, he kissed him. It'd been to long since he had last felt those lips under his own, since he felt that warm body collapsing into his chest just as it was now. It wasn't a ual kiss, anything but, really. It was one of those, it's been too long, kisses. Just like their first kiss, Seunghyun was pushed back, and Jiyong was red faced, but this time teary eyed too.
 
"Stop it damnit! Can't you just stop? This isn't going to work hyung, and you know it won't. You're so reckless, and you don't think. Not only did you decide to make me a ing object to be played with, but you decide to jump into some stupid fight that can ruin me! Did you not think of that? Seunghyun-sshi, I'm really not doing this." 
 
There was a growling noise, and Seunghyun bit his lip, holding back a remark. His left hand was still linked with Jiyong's, the other that had been discarded at his side now reached up and grabbed his waist. "Look at me and tell me that you don't care for me. That everything I'm doing is one sided. If you say that, I'll leave you alone, for good."
 
Now Jiyong was laughing that ugly,choking noise he made when he was desperate, like always. "I can't say that though. You,you.."
 
Seunghyun's eyes widened, curious if he would be able to grip onto that one peice of hope that Jiyong might have had because he really didn't know what to say to Seunghyun. Everything Seunghyun had done up until now, minus one or two, were perfect. It was more than anyone else had, or even thought of. For the first time in a while, someone caught Jiyong as he fell into black, ugly misery, but it was too much. No on could be this perfect, this right. Nothing lasts like that! Jiyong didn't know what he wanted anymore. On one hand, he wanted to give in to the beautiful creature and just have him kiss his wounds and tell him it'll be okay, but on the other, he couldn't let himself be that weak. The second Seunghyun knew how much of Jiyong he had, it was all over.
 
Jiyong sighed,letting everything drop again, hugging Seunghyun tightly with his hands on the older's shoulders and his face tucked into his neck. "I want you,okay? I really, really do, but this I can't do. Everything is just-no. No, I'm not doing it." 
 
Seunghyun responded instantaneously with his arms wrapping around Jiyong to pull him closer as if it was possible. "Why not?" When he saw the hesitation in Jiyong's red stained eyes, he added,"You've gotten this far, please keep going." 
 
So Jiyong swallowed his pride, and nodded. After all, what else could it hurt? Seunghyun would've found out eventually anyway with the way he read into Jiyong's poor soul all the time. He could see into his eyes like open doors, leading him to the one place he kept from even himself. "I don't have people who care for me like this. I don't have people who know all these secrets. I don't give people ammo to shoot back at me. I don't do it. You have too many secrets that could just, be the death of me. I can't put myself at such a risk."
 
Now this made Seunghyun bitter. He could feel his insides burning with a feeling he couldn't use any word in the dictionary to describe. If he tried, maybe it felt like he was digesting fire mixed with a pouisonous gas that rotted his flesh, and expanded the fire. "So it's because you don't trust me? You think I'm going to throw everything back into your face?"
 
Jiyong made to pull away, but Seunghyun kept him there,tightly, like there was no greater bond than the one they shared. Jiyong could almost believe that. It was just a centimeter out of reach. "Yes."
 
Seunghyun nodded his head,closing his eyes to block out the world. All he wanted was to enjoy this moment for a few seconds longer because in a few minutes, the fight was going to start, and he knew it. From the beginning he knew what would happen, and he still does. "Well, you never really gave me a chance to prove myself to you. So it's kind of an unfair trail, Jiyong, but fine. So what are we?"
 
"Nothing."
 
Seunghyun had already lost, and he knew it. "Can I change that?"
 
Quiet. Very, very quiet. It was so quiet, the older felt like he had a knife in him, and it was twisting in sick pleasure to gourge out every peice of tissue that was connected. But there was a tiny, whispered noise..
 
 
 
<--Check the message bar~