Chapter 10

Clutching Sand

Warning: Triggers. 

Jiyong sighed against the older man, his arms wrapped territorially around the strengthened waist. This was a beautiful moment. There was nothing he could want more right now, but he feared still. He glanced up at Seunghyun,the shift making the black haired man move his arms from Jiyong's back to his face as he studied the features. "Hyung, why did you do that? E-Everything will get worse.."
 
Seunghyun whiped a thumb across Jiyong's right cheek. His eyes were pits of protectivity and security. The blackish orbs seemed to go on forever, like nothing else could possibly matter except the moment that was in front of him. Right then,right now. "No, it won't. Do you want me to get on one knee, or something? I promise you I will!" 
 
Jiyong immediately began to giggle at the silly tactics,his cheeks tinting a light shade as he nuzzled his head against Seunghyun's hands. The way Seunghyun spoke frantic with his face all desperate was great. Jiyong liked the awkward part of the boy so much. It was just as amazing as the strong and confident side of him. And Seunghyun's hands were incredibly warm too,strangely soothing and soft for the amount of work put into them. "But I have him in three of my classes. When I first get to school, right before lunch, and right before I go home!"
 
Seunghyun raised an eyebrow,one hand sliding down to take Jiyong's, though he ended up just taking the younger boys fingers and gently playing with them. "Are you sure he doesn't have a crush on you or something? I'd assume-" Seunghyun seemed ready to keep speaking even past the hilarious look the younger was glaring his way.
 
"There is no way Siwon likes me, unless he likes making me miserable." Jiyong pouted,looking away in a pout. Siwon did like making Jiyong miserable in every way possible. There was no power on earth that could make him believe Siwon liked him in the simplest form,ever. No way, no how, that. Even if there was that stupid "if they hit you, they like you" rule, it did not occur here.This wasn't just playing around; this was tor-ture.
 
Seunghyun sighed lightly,shrugging his shoulders as he checked the time on his phone. There was about two minutes before lunch was over. "Well don't worry,okay? Just ignore him." He said,walking over to grab the backpacks that had been abandoned because of the sudden fight. With the little time left he presumed it would be a good idea to get them now and not later. Seunghyun picked up his phone,texting fast on the touch screen device as he handed the white bag to Jiyong.
 
Jiyong took his backpack with a muttered thank you before slipping it on and giving Seunghyun a judging look. "Aigo, if I do that then he'll get just head lock me or something until I talk and-"
 
The brown-blonde's eyes widened suddenly,and then came that face. Seunghyun had memorized it by how many times Jiyong had done it within the last few  minutes. The one where his face looked absoloutely horrified. The one he had one when Siwon was around, or even spoken of for that matter. The one that meant he was going to start crying again. Immediately Seunghhyun began to panic, unsure of how to deal with the situation.
 
"Yah,yah,yah! Don't start crying again! I promise you, he isn't going to touch you! Trust me,okay? Jagiya please don't cry!" Seunghyun's brain didn't register what he had said until it was too late. Now his face was bright red and he could feel the sweat on his forhead. Why did he just say that? Why did he just call Jiyong that name? Most importantly, was there any way someone could appear out of nowhere and punch him in the face repeatedly? "Uhh sorry, I didn't mean too say that." He muttered awkwardly,scratching his head as he looked at the boy who was smiling shyly.
 
"But, I-I liked it.." Jiyong maudered,pulling up his blue sleeve to bit gently on the end of it. Seunghyun about died right there. Jiyong could tell by the frozen look that was etched into the diamond shaped face. The younger boy turned his head to the side,feeling embarassed as he bit harder onto him sleeve.
 
Brrrring. 
 
Seunghyun looked up at the school,frowning that he had to leave the boy, who was being he cutest thing he'd ever seen in his eighteen years of life. There was a sigh as Seunghyun trudged on his backpack,and when he turned to Jiyong, who was blushing lightly too. He had to smile. Well, he more of beamed a huge grin  that looked like it was painful. "Well,it's time to go to class,Ja-gi-ya." Seunghyun emphasized,making Jiyong ruffle his head as now he was really embarassed, but the soft smile on the embarassed cutie's face was well worth saying a discomforting word. 
 
Seunghyun looked at Jiyong,motioning for him to walk, which he did, followed on the left side by Seunghyun as they headed to class. The older swung his hand out,gripping Jiyong's the way a parent held onto their child's. Their fingers weren't interlocked like lovers,just held like silly friends and nothing more. It felt safer to Jiyong. Even he didn't know why, but it did. He felt incredibly safe, until they got to his classroom. Could he just take Seunghyun, put him in his pocket, and ing run? He looked up at the older boy who was smiling. 
 
"I'll see you at the shop,okay? Trust me Jagiya." Seunghyun murmured,pulling the boy in a very tight embrace. It was precious, and safe, and Jiyong wanted to just bring his hyung inside the class with him. But no matter how many times Seunghyun told him to believe in him, Jiyong actually didn't. in fact, he purposely avoided the feelings line because he didn't trust him. Jiyong was basically waiting to get his heart broken. Well actually no,what he was waiting for was Seunghyun to find a pretty girl or something that was better then Jiyong and run off to leave him alone. That's what he was waiting for.
 
Jiyong entered the classroom and took his seat. Fifth period was never that bad as it usually ended rather quickly. All they ever did was notes, a video with questions, or worksheets. Jiyong used to be able to finish before the class was halfway done, but for the last few months, the ones Siwon had been around for, he used most of this period spacing off into nothing. All that ever crossed his mind was what punishment he might have in store for the next time Siwon sees him. It was enough to make him have to bury his face in his sweater sleeves,even past the mucose stains in order to keep from his eyes bleeding from all the crying he had done. Why was he such a cryer? He'd always been one to cry easily. It was stupid,and it made him angry. It was another thing he wanted to change about himself. Another ugly peice of him.
 
Sixth period was a mass of nerves and death feeling. Jiyong was almost positive he had seen the Grim Reaper in Siwon's eyes when they locked on him. Siwon dropped his stuff louder than normal,making Jiyong jump backwards as if he could hop through the wall and disappear instead of falling to his death from the second story of the school. The junior sat down in his chair and ripped out a peice of paper,scribbling words on it before turning around and shoving it at Jiyong's chest with force, but not enough as if he was actually trying to hurt him,another shock to Jiyong. When he grabbed the note, he didn't read it. Instead he placed it on the desk on the side closest to the wall,partially under his backpack. At school would be a very bad place to go back to his dark life even though he had done it times before.
 
Siwon didn't look at him the rest of the period, nor did he say anything, or try something that would have anything to do with Jiyong. It was probably as terrifying as lying in a closet as you waited for the killer to find you in the room. That feeling when you know it'll happen, it doesn't, but you keep lying in wait anyway because the kill is still looking.
 
Jiyong was incredulous when the bell rang that period. Nothing had happened yet. Siwon packed up his stuff and left as fast as he could throw a punch, but he stopped in the doorframe,his eyes set directly on Jiyong. It froze him to the core, to the point where he wanted to sink into himself and die. When Siwon left, he took a deep breath,trying to refill his mind with something that was not the murderer that just exited. He tried to think of Seunghyun. It brought him a warmness that started in his chest and flooded his entire body system. Warm and secured,but way to breif. Because he knew what the note said before he read it to an extent. It was a threat of some kind, and probably one that would send Jiyong spiraling into a fit of depression and anger to that special who made him feel things he didn't want to feel. 
 
I'll ing kill your boyfriend you're a ing ssaboida still ill finish this.
 
Jiyong crumbled the note and threw it into his backpack as he exited the room, everyone else currently evacuated.  I'll see you at the shop,okay? Would he? Would Jiyong really make it that far? Not only was he in even worse danger than before, but the only person who'd ever showed real affection for him was too.
 
The halls were quiet,sketchy. But Jiyong still went to a corner, looked around both directions, and ripped his skin. The blade was always in his pocket for whenever he needed it. If people were around, he could mosy off to a quieter place and dig the blade into the milky skin of his arm. Wait, that was a lie. Was there even any free space left on Jiyong's arm that was still the white-tan tone he had? There was over thirty large cuts on his left arm, and he felt himself reopening old wounds as the blade went jagged across them,deep and bloody. It tickled like it always did at first. The feeling of warmth and control swept Jiyong's mind, it went blank. All that mattered was the blade at that moment. What was life? What the was being okay? The tender liquid flowed out like gentle strings on needles. It wasn't bad enough to bleed through his jacket, just enough to stain the skin because he wasn't stupid enough to do that in school and not have a way to stop the bleeding.
 
Jiyong drew the blade back and forth five more times before he was "okay." Before he slammed the blade back in his pocket,pulled down his sleeve,and ran towards the front gate where his mom was likely waiting for him. When he got out there, he greeted her warmly and kissed her cheek. She beamed at him in return. 
 
"How was your day?" Soo Yun asked, pulling out into the street with delicate precision. His mother had always been a very good driver,especially if her children were in the car. The lives of her children were above anything else, just like their happiness.
 
"It was awesome. We're supposed to do some cool lab thing next Monday.." Jiyong rambled off about random things that were in no way true, but knew his mother would believe. It wasn't like either of his parents ever went to the school meetings for anything so he never had to worry about it. It always worked out perfectly. Jiyong hadn't been lying when he said no one ever knew he lied, but that might have been because even he didn't know when he was lying.