Chapter 13

Clutching Sand

Jiyong was shaking now. It was faint, and very little, but even he knew he was shaking. He could feel his hands vibrating against his legs as he kept them in the deep pockets, and there was that weird feling of the shoulders moving.It was safe for Jiyong to say that maybe this wasn't exactly a small problem, maybe it was an addiction for every time something bad came up. But was this exactly bad? Maybe it could be good because Seunghyun seemed genuinely interested in him. Maybe things could be okay? As long as Seunghyun doesn't know about his little "addiction" it could be.

Isn't it funny how it can take months to get clean, at least a year to be somewhat okay, but one day to fall into everything again? Now he was here, sitting in the employee break room as he waited for Seunghyun to come back,praying that he wouldn't take the risk of cutting open week old scars like he had been. Three weeks he was clean. One day it took to fall out of everything again because relapse was just so damn strong. And what would he do if hotter days came up? It's always weird if you even try to wear long sleeves,so when he wears his jacket,well whose gonna be weird?

Seunghyun had been gone for roughly ten minutes after another worker by a name he hadn't processed came and asked for help with another thing that he wasn't paying attention too. There was a smile, and a nod, and then he gave Jiyong a look and followed the other out of the room. Jiyong was going crazy already because hey, when you fall into the relapse, that wants you to catch up on what you missed. 

It took another minute before Seunghyun walked back in whiping his hands with a red cloth to whipe as the leftover oil that wouldn't full wash away yet. When he came back in he smile, and the smile made Jiyong smile back. "Sorry about that. Dong-Wook isn't known to have three hands." 

Jiyong chuckled at the lame attempt of a joke because somehow it was funny to him, the room seeming lighter at the arrival of the black haired male. "So that's who that was?" He asked, watching as Seunghyun crossed over to the seat next to his and spun it sideways so it was facing him. It occured to him that he wanted to hold his hand, but he refrained and kept them clasped together on the counter.

The latter nodded. "Yeah. He's been here a lot longer then I have, so it's weird that he asked me for help. I guess everyone's busy today. It makes me feel bad that I'm not a full time worker." 

Jiyong suddenly had a question. "How long have you been here? I don't think you've told me yet."

Seunghyun scratched his cheek, thinking back. "About three months now. Your dad only decided to hire me because he used to know my dad from years ago. They stopped being friends when we moved to Mokpo, but suddenly became friends when we came back I guess."

Jiyong nodded his head. So he'd been there two months before they met, and went to his school, but there was one thing Jiyong started thinking of. How did he ignore him for so long? And then he remembered the question he had right before his boyfriend was stolen by Dong-Wook. What did he mean? "Hyung, what did you mean when you said we knew eachother before, right before you left? Our dads were friends too?"

Seunghyun chuckled,"Oh yeah. About that, we did." 

Jiyong gave Seunghyun an impatient look, resulting in both of them to erupt in a small amount of giggles as he waited for the man to finally speak. "Apparently I was like nine, and I think you were six or something, but we'd go on "adventures" and make up weird things with stupid nicknames-"

Jiyong laughed as he interupted,"Did she tell you what the names were?" He actually jumped up and down a little bit when he asked the question. Things were coming back to him peice by peice as he opened himself to the old, but still familiar memories he had. There were a lot of nicknames back then, but if he remembered the one that him and Seunghyun had, maybe he could remember even more about eachother. After all, you never really forget people who are important to you. If he's this important now, he must've been just as important then.

Seunghyun's head dropped with a a grin so wide that Jiyong wanted to pinch him dimpled cheeks so bad. The older was laughing, and it looked like he was two seconds away from becoming firetruck red from blushing. He was already turning pink from the laughter and embarrassment as he thought of these old childhood memories that both of them had long forgotten. "Can I not answer that one?"

"Yah!" Jiyong laughed, shaking the boy's arm like a cranky toddler wanting candy from a store. "You know, so tell me!" 

Seunghyun put his hand to his face, laughing so hard that he might as well have been howling. "You're name was," there was a long sigh before he laughed and muttered the word,"Bong."

Jiyong stopped for a moment, and then he choked on his own laughter. "Doesn't that mean stick? Where did you come up with that?" He began poking at Seunghyun a few times as he was overcome with laughter. 

It was hard to understand him through his laughing, but Seunghyun seemed to understand alright even through his own laughter. Jiyong layed against the counter with his hands on his stomach as he tried to end the explosion of giggles falling from his body. Both of them were laughing to hard to say anything. Seunghyun d around until he found Jiyong's hand and held it within his own as they finally calmed down enough to speak.

"You were skinny back then too, or maybe it's because it sounds like Yong. I don't know, it was like nine years ago. At least mine made some sense." Seunghyun flicked Jiyong's forhead with his other hand, sending the younger back against the counter as he tried to block it.

"Yah! Don't flick me. What was yours then if it didn't make any sense?" 

Again Seunghyun laughed, pulling his hand back as he put them in his hands.It was clear that he was still unsure about this, but after a moment he chanted out, "You called me Tabi, explain where that came from!"

Jiyong laughed again because all of this was just too much. He began trying to search his mind for these ideas on where on earth that cam from. Where did that name come from? He looked at Seunghyun',suddenly making up an idea. "Maybe it's because you have cat lips. If  you wore stripes a lot, you'd have reminded me of a Tabi cat." And then there was a pause,and an evil smile as he continued," I might start calling you that. Tabi-sshi. Tabi hyung!" He said suddenly, hitting the other on the arm like he thought of the best thing in the world, even if it was a few years late.

Seunghyun double facepalmed,both his hands came up to slap against his face. It looked like he was going to cry from how hard he was laughing. "Fine then,Bong." They both erupted in fits of laughter and giggles until Seunghyun broke threw his thoughts again.

It was quiet a few more moments as Jiyong thought back to when he was still a small child,and then he jumped slightly,finding a hypothesis somewhere between everything. "I remember this now. Didn't my appa not want us to play anymore because he was afraid I would gay?"

Seunghyun nodded his head slowly,slightly frowning. "Yes. When the idea came to my appa, he decided we should move in order to keep the possibility from happening to me. So we went to Mokpo, and then came back again a few months ago where our dads "remet" eachother and tried to pretend we didn't know eachother, but Eomma thought they were stupid. So about two weeks ago when I told her  some things about you, she laughed and began telling me this stuff. We were some weird children. I actually remember some of this. Like, remember when you almost drowned once?" 

Jiyong thought about it,looking down and then back up. "Yeah, I did." He put his finger to his chin as he reminisced, trying very hard to remember, but it wasn't that hard because it was a tramatic experience. "I had a crazy fear of water for a while after that. And then you saved me,and," he paused to remember, "I kissed your cheek!" It came to him in a flash, and his face turned pink at the thought. He had gone too far into their little creek so Seunghyun pulled him out and held him as he cried so Jiyong kissed his cheek to thank him. Now he covered his face with his hands, laughing. "So you were so cool that I liked you back then too apparently. No wonder we weren't supposed to be friends back then."

Seunghyun gave a tiny laugh,giving Jiyong a kiss that ended too soon, both wanting to reconnect their lips and do it again. "Well maybe it's a sign. Isn't there some quote about this or something?" He shook his head,smirking as he thought of more memories. The image of the younger Jiyong was blurry, but there.

Suddenly Jiyong pipped up,pointing to something imaginary as he spoke. "Didn't me and you steal candy from some shop or something?" Seunghyun laughed loudly, making Jiyong have to pat his shoulder to get his attention so he could continue. "And our moms came back and made us apologize for each peice of candy we took too!" 

Seunghyun wrapped his other arm around Jiyong's back as he leaned his head on his shoulder because the laughter just got bigger and bigger. "We had to bow like twenty times each even though we only took a few peices because we had to apologize to everyone in the store repeatedly." 

Jiyong cracked up too,smiling wildly. "We also never used our real names. When we first met we made up new ones so we could be spies. What was wrong with us?"

Seunghyun looked up,seriousness on his face. "Hey. I thought it was pretty cool." Jiyong stared back at him before both began laughing again. The blank face that the older boy had was too much. It was absoloutely priceless to even try and say that because of the crazyness the idiotic duo had.

"How did you say that with a serious face?" Jiyong yelled,completely absorbed in everything that had to do with Seunghyun now. So this is why I felt so comfortable around you when I first met you. It was because I knew you.

Seunghyun pulled his hand away from Jiyong's to rest his head on as he stared at something in front of him. "I really don't know, but it didn't last long anyway." The boy shrugged,turning back to the almost-brunette. "I still can't believe that I knew you from so long ago though. You look so different then before, from what I do remember." He muttered, moving bangs from Jiyong's face that always seemed to fall into his eyes. Seunghyun really liked Jiyong's eyes. He wanted to see them more often.

"You were skinny too, and now you have muscle. Your hairs the same though. You always liked it long, huh?"

Seunghyun ran his hand through his black hair, pulling a peice in front of him to examine. "When I was little I just wanted to be rebellious, but then it just became a part of what I liked I guess. I'm too scared to see it short now because I've always liked longer hair. It's fun to run your hands through." As if Jiyong knew, he put his head down so Seunghyun could run his fingers through the blonde-brunette locks with a laugh because he knew Seunghyun would've done it anyway.

"Oh, you are rebellious. Stupid, tricky, babo Tabi hyung." He laughed,receiving yet another kiss from Seunghyun, but this time it was longer. Seunghyun's hand moved up around Jiyong's neck to pull him in, and they both pulled away slowly, laughing lightly when they opened their eyes for who knows what reason.