Chapter 14

Clutching Sand

Warning:Triggers. Bullying.

Jiyong honestly was terrified of going to school before and after Seunghyun showed up into his life. Speaking of that, why did he have to turn Jiyong's life upside-down? Was there something wrong with finding someone else to screw up? Jiyong would never have thought those kinds of things if Seunghyun was around,he would probably never let their lips break apart,but right now it was a cold Friday morning that was just crawling with Jiyong's worst fears. Siwon knew Seunghyun wasn't going to be at school today. What stalker wouldn't? So Siwon knew it was Play With Jiyongie" day.

The school had always been big,luminous, just down right ugly, but something caught his eye. Standing near the front of a school was a tall figure with a Channel logoed hat,patiently leaning up against the wall with closed eyes as if in thought. Jiyong had to blink a few times before he realized,and a huge grin swept over his face. He smiled at his mom and got out the car, slowly walking up the long pathway. When he knew his mother was gone, he broke off into full sprint towards the front of the school that was being leaned against by Seunghyun. When he was a little past halfway there, he decided to walk slower,but just as he was about to jump onto the man, his eyes opened and arms wrapped around Jiyong, surprising him instead.

"Aish. I was supposed to scare you!" Jiyong said, laughing into the boy's chest that he was now pulled against. Up close, he realized that Seunghyun's hair was in a half ponytail, with the tail hanging out through the little slit in the hat above the clip to tighten or loosen it. It was quite possibly one of the most attractive looks Seunghyun had ever done. Jiyong really liked it. 

"I don't get surprised, jagiya. Don't you know that?" Seunghyun laughed,kissing his boyfriend on the forhead with a smile as he pulled away from the boy. "You get here a lot later then I do. The bell is going to ring any minute." 

Jiyong nodded his head,unsure of whether he wanted to speak. He could tell Seunghyun that he comes to school later is because of Siwon,but for some reason, he just didn't have the courage to tell him. It felt almost as if it just wasn't right to let him know that. After everything he's done so far, he really didn't have to do anything more. Course Jiyong would probably die today, so it probably didn't matter either way. Seunghyun waited for a response, making Jiyong struggle to find something to say.

"Why aren't you wearing a jacket- Wait, what is that?" Jiyong grabbed Seunghyun's arm where there was a  jagged cut running across his elbow that was slightly deep, but not fresh. That horrible, uneasiness feeling washed over him like a wave.

Seunghyun moved his arm awkwardly,trying to find out what Jiyong was talking about, until his eyes laid on the ugly marking. "Oh. I cut my arm a few days ago,Monday I think, from working on this truck. It didn't hurt that bad or anything." There was a shrug as he looked at the younger,taking in the sight of his eyes. "You don't look so good. Are you alright Jiyong-ah?" 

No, as a matter of fact, he was not alright, but he could play it off like he was, like he always did. "I'm fine." Jiyong smiled up at him,pulling at the ponytail because God knows that Jiyong just wasn't able to resist it. It was fascinating watching Seunghyun's face scruntch up as he twitched and swatted Jiyong's hand away, the younger thinking he might just be able to get used to that face because he knew he would do it all day long if he really could. 

"Oh look. Jiyongie and his boyfriend." Someone chanted,suddenly bringing laughter of a few others. It attracted attention from the people who heard too. "You're names Choi Seunghyun,right? Well Choi Seunghyun, the one who wants to disrespect my last name, I want to challenge you to a Black." Siwon put his hand in a fist,to see if there would be an acceptance or denial. There was no doubt he was waiting to mock Seunghyun if he denied. Siwon looked like he was practically itching with it.

A Black? Surely Siwon was joking around like the mungchungi he was,right? "Break Limbs And Consider Killing." It was shortened to the word "BLACK" so if any teacher asked what they were doing, they could lie and say it was a new game that everyone was playing, like Baduk or Yut.  It wasn't exactly a lie, it was more of the truth if you really thought about it. The fights were indeed games, and it was something that was taking over cities around Seoul. Everyone began to call them "Blacks" now. Everyone began having Blacks, but most of all, everyone began getting hurt because of them from the stupidity of it. There were three rules to it. Whoever gives up, or is knocked out first loses,the winner gets free rein to give a "punishment" of their own wish(often carving their initials into the loser's skin), and the pride of winning the fight to show their dominance that resulted in the winner always pushing around the loser. Siwon took part in these fights a lot because of the lack of rules such as "it must be equal," and "no weapons involved." All that mattered were those original three rules, none else applied, illegal or not.

Seunghyun rolled his eyes,scoffing at the words. Jiyong looked at his boyfriend, afraid he might have actually been considering the thought.  He grabbed Seunghyun's hand,giving him a very unhappy look. Seunghyun immediately wove their fingers together,something that felt as luxurious as lace, beautiful and pure. It was just right. "You aren't actually thinking about saying yes, are you?" Jiyong demanded,his body overcome with every feeling that could possibly register through his overworking mind. 

"Well, I don't like to fight," Seunghyun said,looking up at the dark clouds as he heard Siwon making ugly and utterly annoying noises. "But I ain't scared to bleed, or in this case, make you bleed. I'll get back to you on that." 

Siwon scoffed now, continuing those pitiful noises. "Oh you're so cool. You think you can trashtalk? Wow, whatever wimp." The group made their exit, pushing past Seunghyun. Siwon had his eyes locked on Seunghyun's so hard that the two were practically shooting lazers at one another. Both had their eyes on eachother until the bell rang when Siwon finally turned around. 

Jiyong hit the older in the chest. "How could you even think of saying that yes to that? Are you crazy?" The boy even knocked on Seunghyun's head for that to help convey the message to him. 

Both of them argued the whole way to Jiyong's class where the only reason they stopped was because of Seunghyun kissing the boy roughly, taking his mind off of everything else. Seunghyun tried giving him reassuring words before he left, leaving Jiyong's hand tingling with an extra kiss, but Jiyong still was unsure. Stupid prince charming though he knew everything, didn't he? If they fought, there was no way in hell that Seunghyun would win because no doubt Siwon would cheat. There weren't good enough rules for this to take place. How could Jiyong seriously have gotten Seunghyun into something like this? Why did Jiyong make everyones life harder? That was the reason he began pushing away his friends years ago when Siwon first started showing up. It made everything so much more complicated. How was he supposed to handle this? Honestly,how? 

By the time lunch rolled around, he was crying again. Slow, but he was. He sat next to the trees him and Seungyhun were always at, and he softly cried to himself. Seunghyun wouldn't be there at lunch today, so he didn't know why he was there, but he was. Maybe it was because there was just some kind of reassurance there, but it wasn't enough because he did run the blade along his arms a few times, but the pain from it was dulling, so he went to his legs instead were it was a whole new sensation. Thrashing the blade much deeper than he should have, as now there was a lot of blood, left his arm and legs aching and leaking. It was leaking onto the inside of his pants with all the scratches,at least fifteen, after he replaced his pant leg when he realzied he was bleeding into the grass. It wasn't enough to pass out, but he felt himself worrying that he might because there was more blood then he'd ever done before. His heart rate sped up, fear leaking into his veins that made him begin shaking, his stomach threatening to wretch. Jiyong hastily put the blade back into his backpack as he took off his jacket to use the inside to dry the scratches. It was cold,a long shiver running through as his skin met the air. 

Jiyong had been so absorbed in his fear that he forgot Siwon liked to pay attention to him on the days Seunghyun wasn't around,like today. Except Siwon didn't go see him right away like he normally did,causing Jiyong's fear to multiply, but still he didn't come. So because he was alone, because no one would know, he overdid it. And then Siwon came out of his hiding place, laughing like a hyena. It was ugly, and Jiyong felt like he was going to actually throw up. Siwon fell to his knees, now howling, pointing at Jiyong in a sickening way. The boy had to bring his hands to his mouth to keep from throwing up; the tears were already flowing like crazy. 

"You're that much of an attention that you cut yourself? You, wait, let me get this straight. You're so lame that you hurt yourself? Oh this is rich, this is really rich. I'm telling everyone about this!" He said, laughing between every few words.

The laughter rang through Jiyong's ears like a drumbeat. Immediately he slipped on his jacket,grabbed his bag, and ran. Where did he run too? Well he ran to the other side of the school, where the music room was. The only people who hung out around the music room were the band kids who were on a field trip, so Jiyong hid behind the huge class,crying and punching the wall for the whole rest of the torturous class. 

Everyone stared at him when he walked to his classes. Everyone did one of three things, laughed, stared, or made fake cutting motions. Luckily there was music blasting his eardrums to the world of death that he didn't hear it, just saw the staring until he couldn't take it anymore and put down his head. 

During his class, everyone stared at him, but it was mostly quiet as they didn't want to tip off the teacher to get rid of the object of their fun. Obviously, if the teacher found out, he'd be in huge trouble and sent to some hospital for suicide watch which would ruin their game of "Let's Kill Jiyong." It seemed like such a fun game because everyone was enjoying it so stinking much,especially his good friend Siwon

But in sixth period, somewhere past halfway through, when he thought that he couldn't stand the stupid cutting jokes, Siwon made everything so much funner. "Hey Jiyongie, how does your boyfriend feel about your stupidity?" Sang the older,smiling like the brightness of the sun. "Is that why your together? The gay genes a good way to hide your idiocracy? I'm actually glad you cut yourself. It makes my job so much easier. Bet it makes your boyfriend happy too!" His voice exaggeratedly happy before he turned around,smiling an idiot who had just gotten asked out by some hot girl with that stupid hyena laugh. 

The bell rang finally. Jiyong had begun crying in his class again, about five minutes ago, when he put his head down they fell like waterfalls. Course, who wasn't used to the crying like Jiyong was? Jiyong took a few moments to collect himself before he left the classroom, being pushed out the door by Siwon, and making his way to the car. When he walked out the double doors, a hard,ugly look registered into his mind forever was shot his way.

"S-Seung-"

"We have a lot of talking to do, but right now, I have a er to set an appointment with." Seunghyun pointed to Jiyong, his words leaked more venom than anything he'd ever seen in his life, and he'd seen a lot of angry moments. The older boy made to leave, but he turned around and said,"He'll be lucky if he isn't a part of the cement," and he was gone. Storming through the halls so fast that Jiyong was terrified he was a vampire or something. Just his voice alone was terrifying; it had dropped much father than should be possible,and his hands were clutched so tightly that his knuckles were bleach white. There was a loud crash that echooed, starting at the  back of the hallway. Jiyong jumped, looking back to see that Seunghyun had given a locker door a dent the size of a soccer ball before he finished marching his unhappy down the hallway. 

Wait, Seunghyun knew? How the hell did he know? Who the heck could of told him? Bet it makes your boyfriend happy too! Siwon got Seunghyun's phone number too, no doubt telling him all about what he'd seen during that brutal lunch period. So he told Seunghyun, but how did he get back to school? Didn't he have work to do today,even if it was later?

So Seunghyun knows. Jiyong had to swallow the vomit that almost came up just then before taking a few strong, deep, breaths.

Jiyong walked calmly to the car, smiling at his mom. At least, it appeared that way, because his eyes were blotchy and red, his skin was warm, and the smell of vomit hung in his mouth.  "Can we hurry? I feel kind of sick, and I'd like to lay down if that's okay."

Soo Yun nodded,gently touching her son's forhead with a large frown. "Oh you poor baby. You look miserable." The drive was luckily short, and quiet, with Jiyong's pulse racing faster than it ever had.  Seunghyun knows. He's going to fight Siwon. He'll probably hate Jiyong forever, if he lives.