45 | treasure hunting, again?

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Minjeong

It only took us an hour and a half to arrive at the location, which already included the traffic we faced along the way. We played a few games and chatted freely yet careful enough not to do anything ridiculous in front of the cameras.

I got to know more about Heejin thanks to being next to her. I found out that she's been a player ever since she had the strong passionate greed to become an idol.

That explained why she wanted to win so much.

So, I guess, teaming with me would lead to victory?

Because she had (Future Sight) as an attribute, it was easy to believe her. Through the system's social chat box, she told me everything about it in place of the system blocking my questions thanks to her title (Mist).

Heejin said her attribute both felt like a curse and a blessing. A curse because she sometimes feared the possibilities of what may happen. And a blessing, because she could try and change that future.

However, she can't use it as far and often as she pleased. Activating the attribute at a particular time was impossible. Could be seven seconds or five days into the future, it was purely random.

I thought her attribute was among the S-tier, but then after that clarification— it was in between S and A-tier. I wanted to ask her more about it, especially how she suddenly told me that she wanted to win.

But all I got was; I can't tell you everything or else that future I saw would change.

"Psst, baby. You're spacing out."

I felt a nudge on my arm, causing me to shake my head and focus back on the current situation.

Almost forgot that the cameras were rolling— and they probably caught me spacing out back there. With a small sigh, I looked around and noticed that almost all of us contestants aside from the noisy ones were seated on a couch in the living room.

I don't know what's going on with the writers' minds, but episode three looked oddly different in comparison to episodes one and two. We changed from ninety-nine contestants in a competitive atmosphere, to nineteen contestants in a homey vibe.

It seemed like the show was letting us relax for a bit before the main event can happen. We already knew our teams and all that was left were the songs assigned to us.

I sighed once again, "I'm a little bit suspicious of the writers." I intentionally said in front of the cameras as I pull out an envelope that was given to me back at the warehouse.

"What about it?" Jimin twisted open her water bottle while leaning closer to inspect the black envelope I held.

"I don't know, it's just a gut feeling..."

"Don't worry, Minjeong!" Heejin who was talking to Jisu scooted closer to my left and patted my shoulder, "Whatever's inside of that envelope— I'm sure it wouldn't be bad."

While saying that, she gave me a wink as if to indicate that she was telling the truth. I mean, who am I to guess...? This girl can see ahead of the future. I guess I'll trust her on that.

"When are you allowed to open that anyway?" She added and I huffed.

"After they reveal the songs assigned to us."

To my right, Jimin just finished drinking her bottle of water in one go. She must've been really thirsty, "Maybe that punishment of yours was a blessing in disguise, after all."

I furrowed my brows, "Uhuuuhhh... I'd rather not think about that."

Though it couldn't compare to my first stage in the program, I still get shivers when thinking about it.

Jisu chuckled upon hearing our conversation, "Why not? You looked cute in that costume."

Jimin nodded her head in agreement.

I hung my head in thought, "Well, objectively speaking. It wasn't that bad."

Recalling back to the time when we were watching episode two, I saw how the said punishment gathered a lot of buzz in the comments, especially, on Naver.

And thanks to that, my popularity drastically increased which earned me a chance to spin the system's wheel of random skills. I haven't spun it just yet— because I got scared.

The wheel popped up yesterday while I was at the convenience store with Jimin. There was an alert that I received a reward for reaching more than five hundred thousand fans globally.

Naturally, this news got me happy and I was relieved to know that my chances of advancing to the top rose.

But, that roulette.

I don't trust it.

I may be overthinking, but who wouldn't get suspicious of a black slot with a skull symbol on a roulette? Among what appeared like forty or more slots, there were five black slots next to each other.

The Goddess of Entertainment... She was the first that came to my mind. At first, when it looked like she favored me a lot, I was receiving so much boost in the competition that it seemed impossible to achieve out of "pure" luck.

She was enraged back then.

So, I thought of spinning it once I need it. Who knows? It could be handy.

「Good morning, girls! This is your admin, Boa.」

The sudden voice from the speakers that surrounded every corner of the mansion caused my ears to tingle. Everyone present in the living room became quiet in an instant, all attention on what Boa had to say.

「The first game is about to start! And in this card... It says that all of you will be on your own and whatever dish you find inside the envelopes hidden around the mansion will be your lunch.」

The participants who were with us in the living room were the unfamiliar ones; Moon Sua, Choi Yerim, and Kim Jimin. There's another Jimin—  I'll call her "16" for now since she ranked 16th.

「The ten seconds countdown will now begin. Good luck!」

"We're doing another treasure hunt," Sua who sat across from us, stood up and stretched her back forward. "Try not to take everything again, okay? Minjeong?" she winked at me and I almost flinched.

Heejin laughed, "I remember that. I almost didn't get to show anything on my broadcast if it weren't for Somi giving me an item."

Tilting my head, I raised a brow, "Wait, why am I the one getting teased

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter