3 | showtime

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To Minjeong those nine days felt like they passed by in a blink of an eye.

Today marks the date of Idol Factory's filming of episode one. Currently, Minjeong was given a sky blue colored sailor uniform along with the other contestants and the area was booming with people.

Every contestant had to take a picture with the uniform on for the introduction photos that'll be released as soon as UNet announces the first airing of the show.

The moment Minjeong finished her turn taking the pictures, within the rushing crowd, she felt lost. She felt like a camouflaged alien who just invaded area 51.

I really don't belong here... but damn the circumstances!

"To trainees who finished taking their photos, please go ahead and walk straight into this hallway!"

One of the staff who was holding a megaphone announced which Minjeong with a few other trainees obeyed. She felt really uncomfortable walking alone as she saw how most of the people around her seemed to have a companion with them.

"Oh! Hey!"

Through the hustle and bustle of the crowd, bouncing the hallways, Minjeong suddenly felt something tap on her shoulder and this came from the girl walking beside her. She casually approached the latter's side closer and smiled.

Minjeong was confused.

"Me?" she pointed at herself.

The girl nodded her head, looking all cheerful.

Minjeong slightly tilted her head, "Do I know you?"

"We met at the park!" Her energy was so bright that it seemed to be the life out of Minjeong, it felt strange.

Anywho, mentioning the park did slap something into Minjeong as she remembered the two girls who interacted with her due to the frisbee landing in front of her feet. She looked at the girl carefully and found out that this person was the one who called out to her.

"I'm Uchinaga Aeri~" The girl offered her hand for a handshake which the latter shook briefly, "What's yours?"

"Kim... Minjeong."

"Well, nice to meet you Minjeong!" Aeri smiled, "I didn't think I'd see a pretty stranger who I just saw in a park be a contestant here in Idol Factory. What company are you from?"

"Ahh..." Minjeong scratched her cheek, "I'm not from any company."

"Oooo~ Independent?"

"...You could say that yeah."

"Wow, you must be really talented to have been scouted here."

Minjeong acted out a chuckle, "Maybe."

I'm probably just a fill-in.

The two girls kept on talking— mostly Aeri until they reached the stage and even sat next to each other when everyone began to line up side by side on the provided seats.

Again, it was just Aeri but it looks like this girl already considered Minjeong as a friend just by looking at how comfortable she was beside her.

Minjeong was not able to do anything but let whatever happen since the cameras for the reality show were probably already rolling and thinking about it made her rub her shoulders.

The stage was huge and there was this pyramid-like thing that was filled with different kinds of seats that gets more comfortable as the numbers which seemed to be ranks get higher and higher— like how ranking 1st would give you this elegant-looking seat that fit for royalty.

The trainees began to whisper and talk seeing this and it was getting louder since the others who were taking their photos were arriving one by one.

"Oh cool." Aeri pointed at a particular guy who stood beyond the stage with a camera, "Looks like they're already filming, wow."

Now aware of the situation, Minjeong hummed in response and properly composed herself. She started to think of how she needed to be rational about many things to not be a victim of UNet's evil editing.

Get as much as screentime too.

Aside from pure talent, screentime was very important in these kinds of survival shows and it would drastically help her get votes from the viewers. Though as long as she doesn't die, it was totally fine if she were to not debut in this show.

There are bound to be companies that may cast her and debut if she were to get disqualified early.

Well, just within those 365 days' limit.

There's also her image. She needed to keep things low and not look dumb in front of the camera... to not look like the villainess just like how every season UNet picked a random trainee depending on the materials for editing they had to make someone look bad.

Thus, Minjeong decided to look as calm as possible and not overreact. Speaking of calm, she turned her head to steal a glance at the girl beside her and thought of trying something. Within that glance she spoke into her mind;

Show status.

Just by looking at Aeri's stats, Minjeong couldn't help but unconsciously scratch her nape. Her skills were insane and it looked like rapping was her strong point. She thought that there was a high chance this person would debut.

Question. What is the attribute, got the suave?

[ Question ]
What is the attribute Got the Suave?
- (Passive: Naturally Charming)
When inspired, the holder will gain a confidence boost by 10% and creative thinking by 10%.

Damn, this girl is insane.

"Minjeongie."

Aeri who was exploring the stage with her eyes suddenly called. Minjeong turned her head to face the latter and hummed in response, though slightly caught off guard by the abrupt name she mentioned.

"Sorry." Aeri chuckled, "Can I call you that?"

Minjeong slowly nodded her head reluctantly.

"Cool cool~" Aeri cleared , "Just curious, is this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter