18 | top ten

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How did it come to this again?

Was it because half of the participants were eliminated?

As soon as the badges were distributed, Boa moved to the next part of the announcements— the rankings. This was the main subject everyone's been waiting for, including Minjeong.

And when the rankings were announced, Minjeong couldn't help but furrow her brows in confusion, finally breaking her usual poker face for the first time on cam and she was so sure that she was in trouble.

Not that she's scared, rather she's merely worried about the editing.

"Yay! Congrats to the three of us for ranking within the top ten!" Aeri stood up from her comfy chair to give Minjeong and Jimin who sat near her a brief hug.

She's right. The three of them unexpectedly ranked within the top ten. That was the reason why Minjeong was confused the whole time though quickly accepted it as she thought of the various reasons.

The platinum grade gave her a huge boost.

[ Current Top 10 ]
1st: Shin Ryujin
2nd: Hwang Yeji
3rd: Jeon Heejin
4th: Shin Yuna
5th: Ning Yizhuo
6th: Yu Jimin
7th: Kim Minjeong
8th: Uchinaga Aeri
9th: Choi Jisu
10th: Lee Chaeryeong

On the show, it was the first time Minjeong sat down on such a comfortable chair. The cushion was just too damn fine and she swore she could fall asleep just by sitting in silence.

So this is what the top ten felt like...

Compared to the normal chairs that were provided for the normal rankers, this was on a whole new level. Making it seem unfair but understandable at the same time because if one were to want a privilege like this, they must work their asses off and earn it.

Minjeong understood as privileges like this could serve as a determination for the contestants. To be placed within the higher ranks, the top ten.

Although being the indifferent person she is, she only focused on dealing with the outbreak.

I couldn't care less.

If she weren't that too wary of the editing, she swore that she could've just brought a pillow to occasions like this and placed it neatly on the normal chairs to make it more comfortable.

But that's not really the point here.

She was now within the top ten and who knows what awaits ahead of her? More stress, work, grinding, and trouble she presumed— that means more progress for the system too. Besides being scared, Minjeong never thought she'd be excited about it.

And what's next?

Of course.

"The second round..."

Minjeong muttered under her breath, legs crossed as she carefully observed the staff who placed eight signs in front of them. Each had a unique symbol and it looks like those symbols were stickers that can be pulled off.

「Everyone may choose the sign they desire and line up behind it. Although, each is limited to five people... those who ranked higher can push off anyone they choose and force them to move to another.」

"Yikes. Then doesn't that just mean that us who ranked lower have the disadvantage?"

"That's mean!"

Most of the lower rankers were worried because they were the first ones to line up behind the sign they have chosen one by one. Minjeong never felt so much power weigh on her shoulders and it was a good thing.

So good that she had high chances of getting the same teammates. She wanted to be with Jimin and the others, not caring how the others or viewers would think of her, this was merely her best shot of winning the second round easily.

All she had to do was secure a position with them. Therefore, she turned her head to look at Jimin and Aeri who appeared to be doing the same.

They had the same thoughts as Aeri smiled and mouthed, "Let's go with the hexagon sign."

The two girls subtly nodded their heads in response and Aeri smiled with excitement. She did the same and caught Somi and Yujin's attention who fortunately wasn't too far from where they sat. Both were ranked next to each other, Somi was placed 13th while Yujin placed 12th.

The two of them quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter