29 | jaws

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Jimin and her team finished the performance, every audience in the field screamed out their cheers. It was one of the most unexpected compared to the others so far.

This left everyone satisfied as they walk backstage only to be greeted by the last team and a huge group of backup dancers who are dressed in traditional clothes— but no sign of Minjeong?

Jimin looked around as she was the first to notice and ask, "I think Minjeong is missing."

Looking at the latter, Yizhuo chuckled. "Oh no, she's not missing. She'll be here in a moment, no worries!"

After telling Jimin not to worry, Yizhuo heard Boa announce their team and that was their queue to go onstage.

Now walking toward the stage, Jimin's team wished them good luck and the group mouthed each a thank you.

There were a lot of people walking past them. And as Jimin turned her back to trail after Aeri and the others, she felt a hand squeezing her shoulder for a moment which caused her to turn around but saw no one.

The touch sent sparks and it was familiar, so she was sure that it was Minjeong. It was just weird that Jimin felt a bit disappointed that she wasn't able to see what the shorter was wearing.

She sighed at the thought before catching up with her teammates.

 

 

| Y/N

The audience is strangely quiet and I could understand why.

Unlike Jimin's team, this one decided to cover the stage with those huge curtains. They were as if trying to hide something within the preparations. It was dim and the noises coming behind it got everyone curious.

Rushing footsteps, clanking metals, and something wood-like? Just what are they planning? Don't tell me Minjeong's team is actually going to top over the last one which already looked impossible to beat.

"It's only the second round, dayum! And all of the contestants are already going all out!"

"Are these girls even real?"

"Hahaha! No, they're talented goddesses!!!"

My heart couldn't stop thumping!

And the minute the curtains opened, the stage gradually lit up and the background showed green trees with falling leaves. As for the floor, half of it looked like a river while the other showed a rocky riverbank.

Floating on that water, there was a small wooden boat. On that boat, there were two people. Someone who had their head looking down was paddling slowly left and right. And the other looked like Yuna who started playing the flute gracefully.

Instead of the original accompaniment of the intro, the soothing sound of the flute, somewhat similar to the intro flowed around the air.

"Yuna's so good. I'm going die."

"Oh my god... Is that a hanbok?"

"It's the Joseon dynasty's design!!!"

We didn't recognize who the other person was since they were wearing a gat (a hat mostly worn by males in old times). Well, not until they stopped paddling and leaned their head up with eyes closed.

"Ryujin!!!"

"Omo! So handsome...!"

This is the first time I've seen Ryujin up close and just by looking at her— Her presence is amazing. Then, I realized that I was staring at these two beautiful girls so much that my cheeks began to burn up.

Hot. They're hot.

While my eyes were stuck on them, suddenly, Yuna stopped playing and stood up. She smiled at Ryujin who was busy looking in the far distance, quietly approached her, and stabbed her behind the back with the flute that was a knife in disguise...?!

What in the world...

All of us audience were in shock as we watched Yuna push Ryujin's body off the boat.

That's when we heard a loud splash from the speakers and the stage out. It lasted for three seconds as the stage lit up in an instant, showing four figures in the center.

Furthermore, the background and floor changed from your typical river in the forest to a deserted battlefield.

Now that everything was clear, I noticed how their hanboks were viewed as if for elite warriors. Ryujin then wore white with a black coat and it had a few stains of blood. Seemingly to point out that she has been murdered(?)

I'm not sure, but what did catch my concern was how there were only four of them onstage; Ryujin, Yuna, and Yizhuo were positioned in a triangle and Yeji was in the middle.

"Where's Minjeong?!"

Exactly, my guy.

I took a few photos of them with my camera before looking around the audience, only to find out most of them were in a state of confusion. Did something happen to Minjeong? Is that why she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter