Interworlds Protector

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

SUMMARY:

Felix, Unicorn Hybrid, an Inter-worlds Protector, gets a feeling that a being in the Blood Realm needs his help - NOW!

 


 

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids):  October 2023

Story Twenty-Six:

Interworlds Protector

-

 


  Felix lifted his head to feel the sunlight better.  His unicorn horn was only three inches long because he was a hybrid, but it got the job done.  His silver hair and the light blue glitter on his face shimmered as the sun added even more power to it.
  The creek gurgled as he walked, pausing to pick up a smooth amethyst stone a little smaller than his palm.  His friend Jisung would love to add it to his collection.  He was creating an amethyst garden.
  On the way back to the village, he felt it:  Dispair, decay.  Someone was dying.  The energy felt dark, but not, which meant it had to be coming from the Blood Universe.
  He pocketed the amethyst sone and ran for the crossroad of doors.  Each one led to a different universe.  Their people could go and come through the doors, but beings from those worlds couldn't come into their world.  It was too bright, too fragrant, too healthy, too much of everything that would chip away at their imperfections until they'd cease to exist.
  The feeling he was getting led him to exactly that door, the black one that bled.  So... the Blood Universe, part of the nocturnal realm.
  He wasted no time in rushing through it.  Vampiric beings or not, he wouldn't have sensed anything if he wasn't supposed to help.
  The world had a stillness to it that made the hair on his arms and the back of his neck rise.  No twittering birds, no warmth.  It was a good thing his power kept him warm.  He followed the feeling through the pulsing black trees and damp over-growth.
  A being lay on a black cloak.  His pal skin stood out amongst the darkness and he was too still, like the air.  Undead, yes.  A dead undead?  Hopefully not.  He called out, "Excuse me."
   No response.
  "Oh," he said nervously, hesitating to get closer.  He wasn't afraid of being bit.  His blood might kill a being from the Nocturnal Realm and he didn't want to unintentionally be the death sentence to someone just needing to eat.
  The Blood World naturally provided sustenance to its inhabitants so-.  He scented the air and grimaced.  Even the trees smelled like blood, but fresh blood.  It had to be torture to be surrounded by it and not be able to collect it.  There were also rivers of fresh flowing blood and still waters, like creeks and lakes, but he didn't see that or hear it.  Which is why this weak being was weak and unconscious.
  "Oh, was is that thing called?"  He closed his eyes and rubbed his temples.  "Something with an 'S'.  Puh...  Suh...  Spill?  No that's not right.  Pile?  Stuh... ile?  No."  He growled.  Some Interworlds Protector he was- 
  His eyes widened as he remembered.  "Spile," he said enthusiastically.  His right fingertips sparkled and a metal one appeared in his hand.  He stabbed a tree with it and it lodged firmly.  He turned the being face to it just as blood began to trickle out.
  At first, they didn't react, but eventually, their eyelids moved and their throat tensed.  Then they began to drink.

 

-

 

Felix wasn't sure if daytime or nighttime existed in a place like this.  Just because the Blood World existed in the Nocturnal Realm, it didn't mean that a sun wouldn't exist.  He was tired though.  He'd healed eighty-seven gardens, a Mer-garden, and crossed into a realm that confused his senses by being so dark.  And he'd used light magic in a dark world and the resistance had only made him a little weak because of all he'd done without recharging first.
  The now awake being, Chan, had built a fire that burned with an amber glow.  Still tired, he'd dosed on his cloak while Felix protected him.

 

-

 

"I'm grateful," Chan said after he'd woke up.  He'd walked him to the spot where only Felix could see the door back to his world, the world between worlds, the Inter-Realm or the Crystal Realm, or the Cloud Realm, to name a few.

 

-

 

Felix welcomed the light all around.  Amethyst stones grew from tree limbs, and Emeralds reflected beneath clear sea water with rainbow sparkling foam.  It soothed his soul but it didn't give him energy.  He chose a familiar large stone and laid on it, enjoying the damp warmth.
  He'd closed his eyes when the water's surface broke.
  "Lixie," Hyunjin said.  The sound of him swimming to him.  "You have purple places under your eyes."  He gently touched them.
  "I'm so tired."  He opened his eyes, gifted with the beauty of his Mer-friend, Hyunjin.  Green eyes, long black hair tied half-up, and purple and blue scales on his cheekbones and chin.  If he wasn't so smiley and had a silly laugh, he'd look intimidating with his beauty.  "Can you give me a ride?"
  "He giggled.  "The horse asking for a ride from the fish?  I love it.  Of course."  He turned around and let him latch on.  "No underwater?"
  "No.  I'm too tired."
  "Alright."

 

-

 

  Hyunjin could turn his tail to legs and he did, so he could carry him to his dome.  It was formed by cloud-designed frames and the rest was concave glass.  His bed had been placed in the center where light could touch him from all sides and the ceiling.  It warmed him and replenished him, strength and magic.  He could just get sleep without it but it replenished him faster and with less sleep.
  Hyunjin massaged his hand with jasmine oil.
  "You don't have to do that.  I can do it myself."
  "You are as weak as a baby deer right now."
  He loved his friend.  "Thank you."

 

-

 

Three hours later...

  "Ask him if I can come visit," Hyunjin said.  He was in the ocean, and Felix had prepared a camp kit so he could get to know Chan.  His instincts were demanding he go to him, just not in a "He's going to die" way.
  "I will.  He mentioned a Tribe, which is their version of a found or made family.  He seems to be open-hearted, from the small amount of time I've spent with him."
  "That's good.  Just be careful.  If you need me or just help in general, you know how to reach me."
  He showed the conch shell secured to his pocket by a plaited white rope.

 

-

 

  Chan greeted him with a hug.  "Com com, meet my Tribe."
  They were introduced as Changbin, Jisung, and Jeongin (All Vampires).
  Eventually, Felix introduced his found family, Hyunjin (Mer), Minho (Fae), and Woojin (Shifter Wolf), and Seungmin (Unicorn Hybrid like him).
  They became one big-found family, which gave them a new power - to teleport to different worlds.  Thankfully, they mastered it because if the vampires went into their world they'd be severely weakened (Chan had explained the sun wouldn't kill them, just make them sleep.   So they wouldn't be a danger to anyone).
  "I sure hope we don't get any more powers," Minho said.
  "I agree," Changbin said.  "I'm perfectly happy with my world."
  "I don't know," Jeongin said.  "I liked that candy world.  Everything was candy but tasted like real fruit.  Including the grape and strawberry."
  Chan sighed.  "We'll just have to wait and see what time holds."

 


 

* If you liked the story give it an UPVOTE & SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post another Halloween fun chapter :)

 


 

Thank you for reading,

Demitria_Teague (Author ;)

*

Click HERE to Read the Newest Story - "Sometimes You Do Something Right And-" >