The Little *Smol Ghostie

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids): October 2023

 

31 Days Of Halloween (Stray Kids):  October 2023

Story One:

The Little *Smol Ghostie

-

 

  Felix, or, at the moment, Lixie, because he was a Little, peaked his *smol ghostie head through the tiny mushroom he'd been playing in.
Hyunjin knelt and centered a giant white pumpkin in front of him - with a... not so scary smile on it. It looked cartoony.
He floated a little more out of the mushroom, half his translucent body becoming visible. "For me," he confirmed.
  "Of course," he said, his ferret hybrid ears twitching in excitement. "I bought it from the Lemonade Stand. You know the D/S club in the city, the one over the bridge? The one I have Changbinnie take me to sometimes?"
  "Yeah, I know that one. I didn't know they sold pumpkins though. Did they carve it too?
  Birds twittered overhead and a breeze blew. Hyunjin shivered. "Yeah. This sweater isn't going to be enough for much longer. I need to go winter shopping. Do you want to go with me?"
  Lixie floated up and his body made the red spots look light pink as he sat on it. "Maybe. You gonna buy me stuffies or a new paci. I really like paci's. I want to have one spelled where I can actually on it. I heard a rumor dare's a witch that can make it cross over to my plane so I can touch it... and hold it and on it and-"
  Hyunjin laughed. "I get it. You want a real paci. I'll help you."
  "Not just any paci. It has to be one for adults. It need'a'be bought off-a-line."
  "You mean online?"
  "That's what I said." He grew to his normal height, which to his delight, was a few inches shorter than Hyunjin. Hybrids were supernaturally easier to hug than humans and he did so immediately. Hyunjin lost his balance and Lixie giggled and sprawled over him as he landed on his back. "Silly Hyunjinnie."
  "Me?" He giggled. "You knocked me over."
  "Lixie wanna nap." He became tiny again and crawled over his chest. He curled up under his neck. "I'm glad you're here today. I wish I could show ya my mush-a-room house, but you can't get inside."
  He shivered. "You're cold, Lix. I would play in the mushroom if I could." He shivered again. "Okay, you have to get off my bare skin."
  "I'm sowwy. I has no fles-shah-ah." He rolled over and over until he reached the edge of his shoulder, then he floated to the ground. He snuggled his elbow, which was safely wrapped in... (thin orange sweater material?).
  "It's okay... now. Now that you're not freezing me to death."
  "Hyunnie, if you dies... you could haunt the mushroom forest with me."
  He snorted. "Ten mushrooms aren't much of a forest, but sure. I'd gladly haunt all the mushrooms you wanted. We could search for shiny things. You could help me build a new ghost den of... borrowed things."
  Lix laughed. "You thief. I knew you stole all those sets of car keys and necklaces."
  "Please," he breathed out. "They shouldn't have left them out in the open. The light reflects the metal or diamonds and I'm a goner. It's in my den before I ever realize I stole anything."
  "I can see it now. You're stealing is what's going to get you killed. Then that'll be our conversation starter when we meet new ghosties. I stole frum dat one bad guy who holds a grudge and can track people and... well... he found me and shot me. Den he buried my body in the forest and it's my homebase."
  "Oh, when I'm not haunting's da mushroom forest with my bestest ghostie friend Lixie."
  "Sounds like a plan."
  They giggled like the maniacal Littles they were.

 

-

 

  Felix was too nervous to go *Smol today.
  He sat on a tree limb, half his in it, as he chewed his fingernails and yearned for being able to play in his beloved mushroom forest- which, okay, ten mushrooms weren't that much when you were big. He spit out a fingernail, which immediately grew right back. He chewed it again.
  Hyunjinnie knew a witch who might be able to magic things onto his plane of existence. If he could do that maybe he could pay him to do like... his entire house. The one that he'd woken up in as a ghost the first time. Maybe he could pay back in free haunts or... or... something.
  What could a ghost offer a person if they couldn't touch money?
  He could tell him about his treasure chest and offer one of the diamonds, but then he'd be telling someone he had a treasure chest containing diamonds.
  No.
  Hyunjinnie gave him those so he'd rather give a person night-terror's than that.

 

-

 

  "Hyunjin," Chris said. "He's not going to haunt me if things don't go right, right?"
  It was the twenty-first century but he still referred to his magic shop as an Apothecary.
  Hyunjin poke some of the slimy stuff in a tiny brown pot. "What is this," he asked, fascinated as it turned furry. "Will it become an animal?"
  "What?" Chris looked up, sounding a bit exasperated. "Stop- Stop touching things. Stop poking random ingredients. That's hard to come by.   Body oils can ruin ingredients."
  Hyunjin jerked his finger back and watched, amazed when the fur turned back to slime and back into the pot. "Gross. I love it. What is it?"

 

Keep Scrolling for the link to Part 2


 

ENDING NOTES:

 

If you liked the chapterdon't forget to click UPVOTE and SUBSCRIBE to be notified when I post a new chapter :)

 


 

Thank you for reading,

~ Demitria_Teague (Author)

*

Click the links to either Read...

"The Little *Smol Ghostie: Part 2" >  - OR - Read the Next Story - "The Ghoul School FT. NCT Dream" >